Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aviva Shares Computershare & Brexit impact

• 09-05-2021 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Any holders here of Aviva shares. Brexit had a impact for Irish holders. 1 of the options was to transfer drom computershare if you didnt have a UK address. Unfortunately due to lockdown deadline was missed. Anyone here have them and do anything with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Any holders here of Aviva shares. Brexit had a impact for Irish holders. 1 of the options was to transfer drom computershare if you didnt have a UK address. Unfortunately due to lockdown deadline was missed. Anyone here have them and do anything with them

Are you asking if Aviva shares
    are a sell, hold or buy? ....or is it a technical question regarding Computershare registry?

I imagine in order to sell shares you would need to setup an account with a Broker and transfer the shares from Computershare to that broker.... It might be more convenient to store them electronically (as opposed to paper Share certificates).

As regards Aviva shares value. Well I incidentally bought a few myself last week. The Insurance industry seems to be going fairly well (for example AXA is one of my better performers this year). Nice dividend on both as well (>5%)...but maybe DYOR also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

They are held with computershare.uk but coz im a non uk resident i can no longer re-invest divs etc.they issued a share cert by default coz of brexit. Just wondering what to do or where to turn to for advise about them. Id like to keep them and stay re- investing diva until i want to cash them in for something future down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are these shares through a staff savings scheme? Or bought on the open market?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Are these shares through a staff savings scheme? Or bought on the open market?

Inheritance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Inheritance

I've a few shares in AV.
    100,000 units.
    I am not worried about Brexit impact.
    There's a lot going on with Aviva, cash being returned to shareholders via dive, buybacks, possibly tender offer.

I also would not buy at current levels.

• Advertisement

Inheritance

If you're looking to find your options, I'd just email Computershare, there's a lot of different share schemes so it's hard for anyone here to advise.

I'd echo thoughts tho not to sell for now. I'm also a shareholders. The new CEO seems to know what she's doing in selling off unprofitable parts of the business and maximising shareholder value. Share price has pretty much doubled in the past year since she's been in charge

Ive not intention just looking on advise on how to sort out who hold them for me and is there a way i could go back to re- invest diva etc. Just looking for options who can sort them out for me. Ive tries computershare themselves a few times getting no response

Ive not intention just looking on advise on how to sort out who hold them for me and is there a way i could go back to re- invest diva etc. Just looking for options who can sort them out for me. Ive tries computershare themselves a few times getting no response

Try registering for their online access
    http://www.investorcentre.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I've a few shares in AV.
    100,000 units.
    I am not worried about Brexit impact.
    There's a lot going on with Aviva, cash being returned to shareholders via dive, buybacks, possibly tender offer.

I also would not buy at current levels.

Then would you sell at current levels?

And where would you define the buy/ hold & sell thresholds for this share??

After all, they are the only 3 decisive actions that an investor (or speculator) can actually take.

Advertisement