Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CRO/ARD question for first B1 with accounts

Options
  • 03-05-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭

Registered company 11/12/2019
    6 month B1 on 11/6/20
    CRO now says my ARD is 11/6/2021
    What date are the first set of accounts made up to?
    When I set up my last company, it was in 2000 and the first year was 12 months from registration date, IIRC there was no 6 months B1

I put in 10/12/2020 and it says I am late/fine/etc
    thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭capefear

did your company trade? Did you register the company for CT with Revenue, if yes what year end did you put in the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Registered company 11/12/2019
    6 month B1 on 11/6/20
    CRO now says my ARD is 11/6/2021
    What date are the first set of accounts made up to?
    When I set up my last company, it was in 2000 and the first year was 12 months from registration date, IIRC there was no 6 months B1

I put in 10/12/2020 and it says I am late/fine/etc
    thanks

With the 1st return with accounts. Financial period is from date of incorporation up to a maximum of 18 months in lenght.

CRO is separate to revenue so what u put for revenue is irrelevant.

So you can file accounts for period 11/12/19 to 31/12/20 if you wanted.

You should be putting today's date in as the effective or made up to date on the return as you are filing before your ARD the return is not late.

Only rule is financial year end cannot be more than 9 months before the ARD date.

So whatever date you select as FYE for subsequent returns you can then only file accounts for that 12 month period but with 1st return you are setting ur FYE going forward

Advertisement