Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TOP Oil kerosene from pump rip off

Options
  • 10-04-2021 8:11pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're in trouble with OPW doing work in our area, so it's not possible to get a fuel tanker down the drive, and the only other option is to bring the tanker on to the OPW work area, but that's not been possible this week due to a builder site shut down. We needed kerosene to avoid running out with the colder weather this weekend.

Checked the local companies to see what sort of price Kerosene is, and it's somewhere around €320 for 500 litres, delivered. That's 64 cents a litre. I was considerably less than impresed with the price that I was then quoted when I drove out to the nearest local pump to collect 100 litres to keep us going.

TOP Kilmoon are charging €1 per litre. That's an additional 26 cents a litre above the price they charge for oil that includes delivery!

The Circle K near Ashbourne is expensive, but cheaper at 0.85 cents a litre, which is still a significant premium, but still a good bit cheaper than TOP.

How can TOP oil justify the price they are charging?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

I was looking at buying kerosene online and went to two different companies offering the same price at 500l and 1000l but when I checked the price for 900l it was different. For one it had the price on the page as 0.59 per l from 500l to 999l but it was actually 0.593 per l for the 900 (.59 l for the 500) and the other it seems the discount is only for 1000 and 500 point as it was cheaper per l to order the 500 l than the 900l. Buyer beware I guess.

Advertisement