Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll Software...

• 12-01-2021 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice - hope I am in the right place :)

Is there any particular type of payroll software that most companies would use? Example - lots of companies are using Workday in HR...

I am looking to upskill right now and choose right payroll course....

If anyone maybe even works in payroll full time that would be great!

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭capefear

do the ipass course and you will be able to do the calculations manually. Once you understand how to do the payroll manually and the logic behind the figures the software you use wont matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Irishguy1983,

Thesaurus Payroll Software is probably the most popular on the market and very easy to use.

They also own Brightpay Payroll which is their promoted one at the moment and which they will probably be migrating Thesaurus to eventually.

They have a great backup service which is included in the price so no more hidden extras.

Check it out on Thesaurus.ie and you can get a free trial version for 4 weeks to try before you buy.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I second the recommendation for Brightpay, it is excellent.

Sage Payroll (or whatever it is called now - their desktop offering) is very poor and dated in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Sage Payroll is popular as it's cheap but the software itself is old & dated (backend).

Try courses on any of the web based payrolls as they are browser based rather installed programs.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Try courses on any of the web based payrolls as they are browser based rather installed programs.

Our Cloudpay payroll software is browser based and we have a free trial.
    Over the last few months, many of our desktop users have switched over because of work from home.

(I'm affiliated with Payback Cloudpay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello Irishguy1983,

Thesaurus Payroll Software is probably the most popular on the market and very easy to use.

They also own Brightpay Payroll which is their promoted one at the moment and which they will probably be migrating Thesaurus to eventually.

They have a great backup service which is included in the price so no more hidden extras.

Check it out on Thesaurus.ie and you can get a free trial version for 4 weeks to try before you buy.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Cheers....

Anyone else any course recommendations? Many of the courses are old school/classroom every week type....Turn up at certain time, etc...I’d rather self paced learning - maybe similar to courses on UDEMY....

https://www.cct.ie/course/computerised-accounts-payroll-diploma/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqr7wg7KZ7gIVl4BQBh0w0g3gEAMYAyAAEgIjH_D_BwE

This looks good but over 14 weeks - would rather get stuck in while I have spare time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orka11

I use sage professional and I cant complain. No issues so far, but i think it is a personal preference.
    When i did the payroll manual and computerized in 2017 i used Thesaurus payroll package at the time.
    I for me i found easer around sage - but like i said use the professional one. I run payroll for a lot of companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Collsoft payroll is excellent and one of the cheapest. I'd highly recommend it. I process a fair bit of payroll for clients, from single owner to a company with over 100 employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Collsoft payroll is excellent and one of the cheapest. I'd highly recommend it. I process a fair bit of payroll for clients, from single owner to a company with over 100 employees.

I agree. Collsoft is brilliant. The only thing holding it back is that its not online which is a must these days imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StaceyBaby28

Highly recommend MegaPay from Intelligo. So many places seem to use it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I have never in all my years heard of mega pay ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

simplepay is worth looking at also

Advertisement