Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect draft users

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Lads if I leave a keg in the freezer for a while, is it possible to drink it right away do I need to wait hours for the machine to cool it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

about 90 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

The Beer Gals have 3 new kegs on sale on Thursday. They haven't announced what they'll be yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddy19872944

Any where else selling these kegs in the republic of Ireland just looked on the beer gals site and 40 odd is a bit pricey

• Moderators Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Spocker

Any where else selling these kegs in the republic of Ireland just looked on the beer gals site and 40 odd is a bit pricey

Nope, TheBeerGals are the only ones for now, and don't forget that price includes the €5 keg deposit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Ordered another perfect draft from The Beer Hawk via address pal pal. I ordered the machine only. Addresspal refused it cause it contained liquid which obviously it didn't. Just an fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ordered another perfect draft from The Beer Hawk via address pal pal. I ordered the machine only. Addresspal refused it cause it contained liquid which obviously it didn't. Just an fyi

Same here, what happens next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

think I saw somewhere that it was going on sale in Aldi maybe this week, if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Joekers

Have been in contact with addresspal and they have said it is the warehouse teams fault as they automatically assume the item contains liquid when they see the sender.

They have advised the parcel was sent back but no mention of this from Beer Hawks courier service.

AddressPal have opened up a ticket and a reference on my account to say to allow parcel to be allowed through as it is just equipment and no liquid contained.

Just waiting now to hear from Beer Hawk on if they recieved the parcel back or where it may be.

Will update on when I hear more. The woman I got through to in address pal has said there has been quite a number of instances of this.

Spocker wrote: »
    Nope, TheBeerGals are the only ones for now, and don't forget that price includes the €5 keg deposit

Cheers I ordered my perfect draft today from beer hawk so hoping to get a few kegs in the mean time I suppose I'll have to order my kegs from beer gals or try get them couriered to rep of Ireland

• Advertisement

Thanks I'm using a UK address and they will sort it for me to Ireland 100 quid in the difference between beer hawk and beer gals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Paddywhateveryournameis. It’s been pointed out that it’s illegal to import alcohol into Ireland via a courier, without a proper license. You may have your kegs confiscated or the courier may refuse to carry them. Then you’ll have lost all your money instead of saving some.

Any more mention of it on here from you or anyone else, will result in a thread ban.

Paddywhateveryournameis. It’s been pointed out that it’s illegal to import alcohol into Ireland via a courier, without a proper license. You may have your kegs confiscated or the courier may refuse to carry them. Then you’ll have lost all your money instead of saving some.

Any more mention of it on here from you or anyone else, will result in a thread ban.

Gloomwhatever your name is it's not illegal to import a dispenser and as for the kegs I can buy them in Ireland from beer gals so get off your high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Gloomwhatever your name is it's not illegal to import a dispenser and as for the kegs I can buy them in Ireland from beer gals so get off your high horse

You’re new here, please be careful. If a post is in bold it’s from a moderator. Moderators ensure posts adhere to the rules of each forum. Mentioning that you can courier beer here is against the rules.

If you disagree with my post you Private Message me, you don’t post on the thread.

So the likelihood of getting a PD is aldi this weekend is pretty slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Bandito909 wrote: »
    So the likelihood of getting a PD is aldi this weekend is pretty slim?

I think that aldi have pulled their special buys that aren't "non essential" goods

Becks, Leffe Amber and Leffe Noel added to the Beer Gals catalog: https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/6l-perfectdraft-kegs

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lhasaapso

eugers1 wrote: »
    Hey I'm wondering are people managing to get the kegs delivered or are customs taking them. Thanks
    Also looking to buy starter pack from beerhawk and get delivered by AddressPal. Did this work for anybody. Thanks again

hey we brought our through address pal the machine and 1 keg got no problem never new about not being allowed to ship alcohol. just ordered again and they didnt accept it they sent it7 back to beer hawk :( but i did get the machine and now beergals have the kegs in irelaand but the selection isnt as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

Can you put Guinness through this? Even with a bigger keg...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

franglan wrote: »
    Can you put Guinness through this? Even with a bigger keg...

Nah, it's not that kind of system.

• Advertisement

Anyone manage to pick one up in aldi today?

None in my local Aldi, so I doubt it's on sale at all to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's not illegal in fairness, you just have to pay the duty when customs get it.

Similar when they catch a phone coming from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

RasTa wrote: »
    It's not illegal in fairness, you just have to pay the duty when customs get it.

Similar when they catch a phone coming from China.

Yep, got a €65 shipment from Brewdog lifted on me last month which they released immediately when I paid the duty and vat of €27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

So, with Brexit and customs, will they be opening more boxes? Will it become easier to pay the vat and get kegs delivered???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's also the detail that you need a licence to import alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

There's also the detail that you need a licence to import alcohol.

Pretty sure that's only if you want to resell it, for personal consumption you just need to pay the excise and vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ye it doesn't make much sense but that's Ireland for you.

You can fill the boot with wine coming back from France without the need to pay any duty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

RasTa wrote: »
    You can fill the boot with wine coming back from France without the need to pay any duty.
    You can fill it with minikegs of beer either. There's a big legal difference between transporting something yourself and getting it shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pretty sure that's only if you want to resell it, for personal consumption you just need to pay the excise and vat

No, you still need a licence. Revenue have just been letting people off with paying the excise and VAT recently. I very much doubt they'll tolerate repeat offenders.

It was normal until probably 6 months ago to get a notice of destruction.

Advertisement