Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unsure if its a scam website/Call/Text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Is this site safe for buying from? Anyone have personal experience?
    https://www.tobydeals.eu/en_EU/

As with all these Chinese sites - buyer beware
    Plenty of poor reviews online

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Yeah, one to avoid it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

In my experience, any mention of western union should ring alarm bells

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can I ask about this site please?

http://www.victoriahouseplymouth.co.uk

Anyone any thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

PopTarts wrote: »
    Can I ask about this site please?

http://www.victoriahouseplymouth.co.uk

Anyone any thoughts?

Scam website from the payments methods use, no contact details, domain only register last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

And the vocabulary is standard Far Eastern too

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

nava wrote: »
    Scam website from the payments methods use, no contact details, domain only register last month.

Thanks.

Where’d you see this?

When I put it in to Whois.net I get a name Jennifer Gillen in Antrim and a 2017 Date.

Won’t order from it but just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

PopTarts wrote: »
    Thanks.

Where’d you see this?

When I put it in to Whois.net I get a name Jennifer Gillen in Antrim and a 2017 Date.

Won’t order from it but just curious.

Ask yourself this question

If I were to open a website selling loads of footwear and clothing, would I call it Victoria House Plymouth especially aa I'm not based in Plymouth.?

A very small amount of common sense will stop you getting scammed. Never get blinded into just seeing special prices and wanting to think its good.

Btw, the web address used to belong to a wedding and events location which closed down.
    If you have 1.9m stg, you can buy it.
    http://www.langtownandcountry.com/mobile/details.cfm?Show=100663011499

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hi, anybody tried shopping online at Foot Asylum? It looks like a UK-based shop, similar I guess to JD Sports, Office, etc. Just found it online looking for a pair of shoes I've been meaning to get for ages (which I can't find in any shops here). Price seems fair and delivery to Ireland is flat fee of €5. Seems legit, barring some negative reviews on trust pilot dating from years back and an odd one or two from recent months. Anybody tried it before? Should I go for it? Thanks for any advice.

Mod merge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

camz09 wrote: »
    Hi, anybody tried shopping online at Foot Asylum? It looks like a UK-based shop, similar I guess to JD Sports, Office, etc. Just found it online looking for a pair of shoes I've been meaning to get for ages (which I can't find in any shops here). Price seems fair and delivery to Ireland is flat fee of €5. Seems legit, barring some negative reviews on trust pilot dating from years back and an odd one or two from recent months. Anybody tried it before? Should I go for it? Thanks for any advice.

Mod merge

Listed on the alternative investment market on London Stock Exchange and have about 60 stores around the UK

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BYPHD607GBGBXASQ1.html

Quite a sizeable company and can be trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone any experience of www.peddler.com its coming up on hits at the moment but not sure if it is a scam. trust pilot lists it as good. but the address is worrying

We live here:
    John M. Keynesplein 12-46
    1066 EP
    Amsterdam
    Netherlands

that does appear to be a street rather than a persons name

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I dont see anything about peddler.com that screams scam. They have a dutch version of the site as well and i imagine they started off in netherlands and then added the UK and Ireland. I cant see the address you mention on their site but that is a regular street address in amsterdam. They list another amsterdam address on their site as well as a UK address that appears to be an accountants office so it could be a convenience address.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

but the address is worrying

We live here:
    John M. Keynesplein 12-46
    1066 EP
    Amsterdam
    Netherlands

that does appear to be a street rather than a persons name

Why do you think the address is worrying?

If you'd Googled it you'd have seen that not only is it a valid address it's actually the address of a business startup center?

wexie wrote: »
    Why do you think the address is worrying?

If you'd Googled it you'd have seen that not only is it a valid address it's actually the address of a business startup center?

Probably confusing if you didn't know that plein is dutch for square. So the address is John M Keynes Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

Looking at buying a Xiaomi M365 scooter. I got a facebook link for this site which is about 100 euro cheaper that what I can find elsewhere.

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck it must be a duck but I am wary of this "bargain". Anybody ever deal with them?

A look at their terms and conditions page should tell you all you need to know. They took it from somewhere else and it bears no relation to what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

Yeah talk about a load of waffle. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: merged

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CKTC

I have found a deal online that looks to good to be true, delivering from the Netherlands, the website I'm on has the lock symbol in the browser which I'm almost sure means its a secure site - but does that mean it not a dodgy site?

Can anyone out there put my mind at ease, if I order, am I likely to receive my order and not have card hacked etc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,555 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The lock symbol means they have an up to date and valid SSL certificate meaning the site utilises SSL technology to protect it and your web traffic.

It doesnt however guarantee the validity of the business that is behind it tbh. Check out their own credentials / foundation date/ reviews online etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Post a link to the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

All their social media links go to the social media home pages and not a specific page of theirs.
    They have no record on trust-pilot.
    If you try to go to the reviews for any of the products you get an error on the page.
    Prices do seem to good to be true,when comparing with other sites.I would be very wary to be honest.
    It seems to be trying to pretend its of some affiliation to Fuji also
    The contact address places the business in Japan in the aptly called Fujifilm square.
    The source for their home page is using templates from a guy on Github which also raises suspicion

My tuppence worth

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That film is globally expensive. If you're getting it anywhere lower than 20% off RRP its probably a scam.

Everything points that it's a scam website, if you get anything it's probably fake item, also website only registered on the 17th Oct 2018, address is in Japan but url has EURO on it. To me everything looks scam.

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robshaw101

I agree website looked too good to be true, so I wrote to Fuji UK and got the following answer;

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK.
    Please do not attempt to purchase any products from the website as the website appears to be fraudulent.
    Please visit our UK FUJIFILM online shop to purchase any instax products. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/instax
    The Fujifilm X World Team

Thank you all, my common sense went our the window when I saw the little lock button & amazing prices!

Appreciate all your responses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 herlihyd

Hi guys I ordered christmas gifts on line using my debit card, the site was called Mobileinterceptor, but reading up on the site the reviews are really bad, extra money been taking out of there accounts, money been taking out but no toys delivered etc. I've tried emailing them but they have not replied back, I ordered the toys yester but no money was taking out yet. Did anyone order from this company.

Advertisement