Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technical agricultural officer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lewisdale

Is there computer exam aaswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I didnt get the impression there was any interview in early July, just the supervised testing

Ya thats what i thought.Just someone earlier posted interviews were in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 helenmaria1970

lewisdale wrote: »
    Ya thats what i thought.Just someone earlier posted interviews were in July?

Sorry, I took it for granted it was an interview..What's the supervised testing?

There hardly gonna interview a few hundred people now are they!!Theres computer assesments and then they will interview based on the results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Ctb2390

Has anybody heard anything back in this? I haven’t heard a thing since I applied.

Ctb2390 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything back in this? I haven’t heard a thing since I applied.
    did you log into public jobs? I got emails to remind me to log in and check new messages, but I probably logged in a few times when there wasnt one aswell just in case. If you were going forward to the supervised testing, its on all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ctb2390

did you log into public jobs? I got emails to remind me to log in and check new messages, but I probably logged in a few times when there wasnt one aswell just in case. If you were going forward to the supervised testing, its on all this week.

Thanks, I logged in and I had a message, never got any notifications about a new message though and I always get one. Sickened. Thanks for the reply!

Anyone still to do the supervised testing this week, have a good read of what you need to bring from the familiarisation material. LC and College qualifications plus 1 copy of each (though they will do them there if you haven't them), photo ID, passport photo (just one), print out of the test booking appointment from public jobs not the invitation to book the test. Decided to read it at 11.30 last night and spent an hour hunting around for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

It's good that you're working, and it will lead to something better..Do you mind if i ask you, from your experience, what i can hope to expect in the interview? The thought of one terrifies me..

It wasn't a bad interview, the people were quite nice. There were 3 I think. one of them ask you very general stuff like describe how you dealt with a challenge at work and what measures you took to prevent it happening again. Another person was asking more agri-related questions about my farm and my understanding of the EUROP grading system. Unfortunately I can't remember much about it, it's 2 years ago now.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much..i appreciate the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fred1983

Thanks very much..i appreciate the reply.

Hi I did the aptitude test about 3 weeks ago, didn't hear anything back yet. I have a friend that’s in the Dept of ag, he was telling me if you get offered a job most likely to be in cork , Wexford , Kildare or Dublin , say if you already working as a technical ag officer you will get first preference to move to a different location if it suits you best eg: closer to home , then you would be moved to his last location. Could take years to get to where you want to work.
    Also they are crying out for people to work in factory jobs because most people don’t want to work in them , your stuck in a factory all day you can’t leave , you have to be there for the first kill and the last kill and some factory’s start as early as six in the morning depending on demand also there is huge amounts of paper work in the factory . Most lads want the job off crop testing or reps inspection or checking at Marts for tags missing and animal welfare issues , these jobs are more sought after because you get to see parts of the county and meet different people also you get mileage which bumps up your wages. You don’t get these perks in the factory. I’m just telling you what he told me . Best of luck .

Thanks Fred.. Great info in that. V useful to all.

Anyone else get an email this afternoon?

No. What was it?

Notification of placement on the order of merit and your test results. Got place for both my choices so pleased with that. They said it would be August before we had a result.

Well done ! You must be delighted...good luck with everything.

Notification of placement on the order of merit and your test results. Got place for both my choices so pleased with that. They said it would be August before we had a result.

What was the story with the email you got, if a job comes up in the area you picked do u get to start straight away or do you go to stage 2 interview and depending on how you get on you get the job. I though that if you did well on the aptitude test you get called for interview and then panal formed from that .

What was the story with the email you got, if a job comes up in the area you picked do u get to start straight away or do you go to stage 2 interview and depending on how you get on you get the job. I though that if you did well on the aptitude test you get called for interview and then panal formed from that .

Fred1983 wrote: »

Yes, that's the one, will be invited to stage 2 for interview when the vacancy comes up for my place on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

What timeframe are we talking for interviews? Im placed in the single digits in 2 counties, interview before the end of the year?

If im placed 7 there needs to be 6 vacanies filled before i get called?

I was talking to an Agricultural Inspector friend, reckons they are starting to fill asap. Sure look at the time frame, we're already a few weeks ahead of the schedule they originally announced. From memory, you can move up or down the panel based on your interview score, I'm not sure how that works if they are calling people as they have vacancies to be filled.

What timeframe are we talking for interviews? Im placed in the single digits in 2 counties, interview before the end of the year?

If im placed 7 there needs to be 6 vacanies filled before i get called?

would they call 8 or 10 people and interview in batches?

Would make sense. Guess that means there would be 8 or 10 jobs available in a county thou? Probably wouldnt be the case in most counties.

Well for the first batch of interviews anyway.

Would make sense. Guess that means there would be 8 or 10 jobs available in a county thou? Probably wouldnt be the case in most counties.

Well for the first batch of interviews anyway.
    I'd expect an interview in PAS it wouldn't matter what county the job was in then?

I'd expect an interview in PAS it wouldn't matter what county the job was in then?

I dont know 😠if i dont get an interview date over the next few weeks i think ill be waiting ðŸ˜

I dont know 😠if i dont get an interview date over the next few weeks i think ill be waiting ðŸ˜

Wonder what’s the max number on the panal for each county.

Fred1983 wrote: »
    Wonder what’s the max number on the panal for each county.

I heard >300 being hired in total. and not all counties have DAFM offices or meat factories. 15 hires per centre on average?

I heard >300 being hired in total. and not all counties have DAFM offices or meat factories. 15 hires per centre on average?

300 is good to hear! what work would be in those counties that has no factory/dvo? I put down carlow and am high on the list, but doubt there would be 15 jobs there, no dvo i think and not sure if there are many factories.

• Advertisement

300 is good to hear! what work would be in those counties that has no factory/dvo? I put down carlow and am high on the list, but doubt there would be 15 jobs there, no dvo i think and not sure if there are many factories.
    The material said vacancies might not come up in all counties, I'm in Longford and put down Roscommon and Cavan as I know they have offices, Longford hasnt had an office in a long time.
    There's a meat factory in Hacketstown from memory.

Advertisement