Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 user3120

nicchick88 wrote: »
    I sent them an email last week to see when they would start offering positions. I got a generic email this afternoon...no information on it all. Said They would be in contact when and if they reach your OOM

I'm top 5 in two counties, no word since, is there a telephone number you can ring to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

I have heard there is in the region of 30 - 40 postions country wide waiting to be filled with new recruits. They just havent been offered out yet by the sounds of it,dont know why the delay ( altough im not surprised)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

user3120 wrote: »
    I'm top 5 in two counties, no word since, is there a telephone number you can ring to check?

Not sure, I used the TAO email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 martinnn1997

I sent them an email last week to see when they would start offering positions. I got a generic email this afternoon...no information on it all. Said They would be in contact when and if they reach your OOM

What's the best email address to ask enquiries about position ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 holly7up

TAO2020@publicjobs.ie is the one provided in the info booklet. Has anyone heard back from them. I've just got same generic update as someone else posted here

• Advertisement

They have started clearance now. I received an email this afternoon.

Great news! well done:)! What counties is that for?

holly7up wrote: »
    Great news! well done:)! What counties is that for?

For Kildare

They need everything by next week which includes a medical, hearing test, police clearance from abroad (if you have lived overseas). It’s a lot of documents for the week that’s given

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

For Kildare

They need everything by next week which includes a medical, hearing test, police clearance from abroad (if you have lived overseas). It’s a lot of documents for the week that’s given

Fair play to you, were you in the top 25 on the order of merit for Kildare?

Zlatam wrote: »
    Fair play to you, were you in the top 25 on the order of merit for Kildare?

Yes I am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sticks24

How long does the clearance process usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Have other counties started yet? other than kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Has anyone else been hired? I was told they are waiting on the go ahead to hire from the panel. But I haven't been moved from my position anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Has anyone else been hired? I was told they are waiting on the go ahead to hire from the panel. But I haven't been moved from my position anyway

Whats your position roughly?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Im in top 5 for 2 counties and have heard nothing. Getting pretty frustrating tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

holly7up wrote: »
    Im in top 5 for 2 counties and have heard nothing. Getting pretty frustrating tbh

What counties did you select? Is there a Dept office in that county??

Main offices are in Dublin HQ, Backweston Celbridge, Naas, Portlaoise, Tullamore, Clonakilty in Cork, Navan, Johnston Castle Wexford, and smaller office in Cavan and Roscommon. There are posts in Dublin and Wexford ports also and then the meat factories across the country. The most jobs will be in Kildare, Dublin, Laois and Wexford and a few in other counties. If you have selected a county that doesn't have an office, you most likely won't hear unless there is a meat factory with a vacancy, unless your no 1, you may hope the people ahead of you don't accept. There is always a high level of people not taking the job as they have found other work in the meantime. Also when people realise you can only start on the first point of the pay scale and cannot negotiate the pay, they turn the job down.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

mjvw82 wrote: »
    What counties did you select? Is there a Dept office in that county??

Main offices are in Dublin HQ, Backweston Celbridge, Naas, Portlaoise, Tullamore, Clonakilty in Cork, Navan, Johnston Castle Wexford, and smaller office in Cavan and Roscommon. There are posts in Dublin and Wexford ports also and then the meat factories across the country. The most jobs will be in Kildare, Dublin, Laois and Wexford and a few in other counties. If you have selected a county that doesn't have an office, you most likely won't hear unless there is a meat factory with a vacancy, unless your no 1, you may hope the people ahead of you don't accept. There is always a high level of people not taking the job as they have found other work in the meantime. Also when people realise you can only start on the first point of the pay scale and cannot negotiate the pay, they turn the job down.

Is that always the case for the first point of the pay scale? If you are currently in the civil service or had previous experience in the civil service it should count towards incremental credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Is that always the case for the first point of the pay scale? If you are currently in the civil service or had previous experience in the civil service it should count towards incremental credit.

If currently in civil service, you probably keep same pay once it's not higher than the top point but I am not sure on this. Think if out of civil service more then 3 or 6 months, it's first point of pay scale. I know loads who got caught with this and dropped 20-30k pay! Other experience doesn't count, only people already in civil service may be able to start higher than the 1st point. Since the croke park deal they don't acknowledge experience or qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hillbillygirl

Any movement across the country?

Haven't heard a thing. my current contract ends in a couple of months and I had been hoping to hear something before then. Does anyone know when the panel expires? Is it 24 months from the first person in any county being offered a position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

New TAO's have started in Meath this week. Panel runs for 24 months from when the first person starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kiltannon

Any updates, have people called for jobs in Kildare being given a start date.

Emailing PAS is a waste of time....

I've been told by an Ag Inspector that this month should say a lot - from what I can see only a handful of people have been appointed in the whole country.
    Apparently, they're waiting on government approval to hire from the panel?
    But still... its been 3 months and very little movement

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seamush6

They were on to me today about a job in Cork. I think I was 5th or 6th on panel. Don't imagine I will be taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

seamush6 wrote: »
    They were on to me today about a job in Cork. I think I was 5th or 6th on panel. Don't imagine I will be taking it.

What type of role was it?

Anyone receive an Email from PAS today?! Waterford panel is moving! Anyword on the wexford one?

Anyone receive an Email from PAS today?! Waterford panel is moving! Anyword on the wexford one?

What kind of email did you get?

Being considered for a post? Im between 10 - 15 on the panel too?

• Advertisement

Being considered for a post? Im between 10 - 15 on the panel too?

Great news for you...well done....im top 10 in tipp and top 15 in limerick...i wouldnt mind getting one of those emails!!

Advertisement