Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Badger & Dodo single origin subscription chat

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

How are people finding this? I've been going with a slightly coarser grind than usual and am really liking it, though maybe I'll try going finer and seeing the effects.

I am definitely getting a honey-tea vibe and it's quite sweet so think I can definitely go finer without it getting bitter. Left it about a week after roasting to start on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

How are people finding this? I've been going with a slightly coarser grind than usual and am really liking it, though maybe I'll try going finer and seeing the effects.

I am definitely getting a honey-tea vibe and it's quite sweet so think I can definitely go finer without it getting bitter. Left it about a week after roasting to start on it.

That's funny - I was having a hard time with it and went coarser too and it made a big difference. I won't pretend I know what I'm tasting specifically, but I'm enjoying this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭VM Varga

Peruvian again

VM Varga wrote: »
    Peruvian again

Great - hopefully as nice as the last one. It's my last month for the sub - haven't got this month's yet myself

is it this one? https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/valle-verde/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭VM Varga

Great - hopefully as nice as the last one. It's my last month for the sub - haven't got this month's yet myself

is it this one? https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/valle-verde/

No - it’s this. Haven’t tried it yet. Sounds promising.
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/new-single-origin-release-peru-el-limon-micro-lot/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

really like this one
    It’s quite light - (won’t be to everyone’s taste) , but i’m enjoying it

BQQ wrote: »
    really like this one
    It’s quite light - (won’t be to everyone’s taste) , but i’m enjoying it

I'm just finishing off another bag so will probably get to it on Friday hopefully! Looking forward to it now, thanks :-)

Have to say I am liking this one! Took a bit of playing round with the grind but very juicy and thirst quenching - nice summer coffee imo!

Just opened mine today. Haven't gotten the best out of it yet, but only a few cups in so not too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Mine arrived today, last one I think. Will get around to it next week

https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/brazil-capadocia/

• Advertisement

My last one this month too I think. If it arrives today, it will have arrived just after I finished the last cup of the last bag. If it arrives before the end of lunch time, it'll be a perfect example of just in time delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Bawnmore wrote: »
    My last one this month too I think. If it arrives today, it will have arrived just after I finished the last cup of the last bag. If it arrives before the end of lunch time, it'll be a perfect example of just in time delivery.

This has a real strong aroma of cherry.
    Not sure i’m a big fan of it, but it’s certainly as described

BQQ wrote: »
    This has a real strong aroma of cherry.
    Not sure i’m a big fan of it, but it’s certainly as described

I'm a few days into it and it's not my favorite for sure - I'll continue with it, but it's got something about it that always puts my off - could be fruitiness but I don't know enough to say for sure.

Separately - I think a lot of us joined this sub at a similar time - I've definitely enjoyed 2 things:

1. Getting to try a new coffee every month.
    2. The complete absence of effort required for said coffee to arrive.

Where's everyone thinking of going next?

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Separately - I think a lot of us joined this sub at a similar time - I've definitely enjoyed 2 things:

1. Getting to try a new coffee every month.
    2. The complete absence of effort required for said coffee to arrive.

Where's everyone thinking of going next?

I like the surprise too! :-)

Mine finished last month and I decided for a few months I'll try a few new roasters and maybe go with one of them for a sub. Might even give coffee angel a whirl for a bit if the Su Beatha works out when I try it. Great price point at €30 a month.

Advertisement