Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

thanks so much.. i shall get on the aeropress for the afternoon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭breeno

Feel very uncouth with my 20g:250ml ratios for a strong cup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's about 1000 ways to make aeropress, there's no right or wrong, whatever works for you.

Personally I wouldn't let the coffee sit for 2+ mins, the method I use that produces best results for me takes 1 min start to finish, plus 30 seconds plunge time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Yep, it's a great piece of kit!

Nothing wrong with giving the advice when it's asked for, or outlining steps that get me to a coffee I enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Lidl appear to have a good Delonghi coffee machine on offer next Monday!

It's €129 and same one in Brown Thomas is €299!

I'm on phone unable to post link and unsure of model number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s this one. Takes pods and ground coffee

Sorry can’t attach photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Lidl appear to have a good Delonghi coffee machine on offer next Monday!

It's €129 and same one in Brown Thomas is €299!

I'm on phone unable to post link and unsure of model number

Delonghi Vintage Icona by the looks of it. See it on sale on currys uk for 139 pound so seems lidl are doing a good deal on it.

Quick Google indicate its a grand coffee machine with a mediocre steam wand.

Guess it depends on how it compares to others at this price, dedica in my opinion looks nicer and neater for little more at full price 200 euro in Harvey Norman.

Delonghi is a well known brand and seems a good deal especially if your kick starting.

I have one of them, and it's about 8 years old. It needs to be descaled regularly as we live in a hard water area, but that's it. I see a comment above about the steam wand. It's ok, but we aren't into Latte Art or anything fancy like that.

It makes passable to good espresso in my opinion, there seems to be good pressure and the puck is normally not flooded, and there doesn't seem to be channelling. When I have espresso-specific beans, it makes nice coffee.

Oh, don't get that machine if you can't grind your coffee fine enough!

The ESE Pods are normally a good price on Discount Coffee though, the stuff in them is ok, but freshness would be questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I always grind fresh beans so the coffee pods not an issue for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Just an FYI, Velo is now free shipping on orders over €40 not 35 any more.

Been reading this forum over the last couple of weeks, so gave in and bought an aeropress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

10% off your entire order at velocoffee.ie this weekend: COFFEE10

Some good value on coffee click clearance section for cleaning products: https://www.coffeeclick.ie/product-category/special-offers/clearance-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Yeah i have been drinking it for about 3 years, so just looking to see what else is out there.
    Found mccabes have a good offer on 3 x 1kg for €54.95 shipped:
    https://mccabecoffee.com/product/ground-decaf/

Its similar to ponaire, great value.
    Price has increased from 51 plus postage to 58.50 plus postage now. Not as good, but still good value.

17% off coffee at Velo today only for paddy's day: VeloPaddy17

• Registered Users Posts: 19,543 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Velo are taking the piss with their 200 and 225g bags.

10% off at WCC till midnight on good friday - code: GoodCoffee

Hopefully some more easter codes on the way!

10% off the Congo at WCC:

https://westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/congo

10% code: BH10

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have their Bella Lungo and Bella Cappuccino 50% off on their app from 03/06
    https://www.lidl.nl/p/assortiment-koffie/koffiecups-bella-caffe-lungo/p43419

Half price aeropresses and other brewing equipment at coffeedrop.ie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lovely, grabbed an aeropress go for the eventual return to the office. Those bodum french presses are nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Aeropress go coz you'll never know when you need good coffee

Holy moly that's a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

How would that compare to a Bialetti pot in terms of quality of coffee?

How would that compare to a Bialetti pot in terms of quality of coffee?

Way less hassle, and in my opinion the Aerporess and Clever Dripper are tied for best manual brewers available.

The Aero is very forgiving and there are loads of recipes available to get the best, and different, types of coffee from it.

Of course it's all subjective, but for nineteen quid I think you're losing out by not owning an Aeropress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Way less hassle, and in my opinion the Aerporess and Clever Dripper are tied for best manual brewers available.

The Aero is very forgiving and there are loads of recipes available to get the best, and different, types of coffee from it.

Of course it's all subjective, but for nineteen quid I think you're losing out by not owning an Aeropress

You have me sold anyway - about to go buy one..

She'll kill me yet, if its not whiskey, it's coffee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You have me sold anyway - about to go buy one..

She'll kill me yet, if its not whiskey, it's coffee.
    If it's not bikes, it's coffee, and then whiskey.

Also, they only have pink ones left, but 10 quid for a chilli bottle, even if it's only the 500 ml one is a great price. It's the best insulating bottle I've ever used. The Zojirishi of bottles!

I'm Craft Beer, then home brewing, then coffee

A man needs his hobbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks, I needed very little encouragement, and your response was more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

It's a real pity, but their website is absolutely terrible.

I can't see any Aeropresses, in the sale section or anywhere else, probably because they're sold out, which is fair enough.

But when I enter the subscriptions area I get a 404 message.

The user interface is really clunky and difficult to use, which is a pity. I wouldn't have minded trying a subscription.

Advertisement