Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renewing Chinese Tourist Visa in HK

• 16-03-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I am currently in China on the second part of a tourist visa. It is a double entry visa for 90 days duration at each entry.

I originally entered in September and stayed for 6 weeks. I then returned to China in January so my visa expires next week.

I am in Shenzhen now so I want to go to Hong Kong and renew my visa and return. Looking online it says I might have some difficulty getting a new visa due to already spending so much time in China. I contacted an agency in Hong Kong but they just tell me to come to them and they will organise. They wont clarify if I am guaranteed to get a visa.

I would like a new 30 day single entry or double entry.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Would love to hear how you fare, as my OH ( not married) is working in China the past 3 years, and all I can ever get is a 30 day single entry visa.. For each trip..I was issued a 90 day single entry visa once, 3 years ago,
    Will have to go through the same process again in a month or two. so interested to see how you get on.. Good luck.and fingers crossed for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Omeceron wrote: »
    I am currently in China on the second part of a tourist visa. It is a double entry visa for 90 days duration at each entry.

I originally entered in September and stayed for 6 weeks. I then returned to China in January so my visa expires next week.

I am in Shenzhen now so I want to go to Hong Kong and renew my visa and return. Looking online it says I might have some difficulty getting a new visa due to already spending so much time in China. I contacted an agency in Hong Kong but they just tell me to come to them and they will organise. They wont clarify if I am guaranteed to get a visa.

I would like a new 30 day single entry or double entry.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Yes - I have done it and it shouldn't be a problem. I used Shoestring Travel on Nathan Road.

Advertisement