Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer jobs 2015 in or near UL?

Options
  • 10-03-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Im looking for a job in or near UL for the summer. I was hoping I could stay in my accomodation and work for the summer. Anyone know anywhere taking people on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Competition is tough, but I worked in Vistakon for two summers, around 2007/2008.

Forget it if you have any sort of holidays planned, matches to play every weekend, or can't handle night shift. It's hard work, but the pay is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Campus Life Services usually hire people (mainly students) each summer to clean the student villages after students leave and throughout the summer for visiting groups. I could be wrong but I think an e-mail usually goes around towards the end of the semester outlining how you can apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Not to be offensive or anything but just be careful asking some fellow students for help looking for summer jobs. Competition is fierce and people steal ideas or can lead you astray. It has happened a number of times with myself and a group of people I know so just watch our for yourself.

But yeah, student accommodation is a good place to look! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Aldi? They have an application form on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

They are looking for receptionists in UL, have a look at the sign on their desk on the first floor in the C block.

• Advertisement
Advertisement