Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Boardsie: Klong
    Where: Library; top floor at the corner between history section and Journals.
    When: This evening, just before 9pm.
    Wearing: Um...navy hoody with yellow strips on the sleeve; an O'Neill's one possibly...:o

Boo yeah got there first Klong! :D

Doh!

edit: better get my claim for 5 points in...
    Boardsie: bluedolphin
    Where: Library; top floor at the corner between history section and Journals.
    When: This evening, just before 9pm.
    Wearing: I was in the "I'm going home" zone, but I did spot glasses...

Did I see a letter by ergonomics in An Focal today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    I'v a pic about?! Hmmm..not to my knowledge I don't!:confused:

Aye you do on the Who is who in UL + Pictures! thread as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Who: Sceptre
    Where: My Car
    When: about 45 mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

ergonomics wrote: »
    Oh no you won't. I won't let it happen. I was in the SU earlier and was keeping an eye out for you so I could hide!

You could just look in the mirror and screw up your eyes a bit to distort the reflection and say you saw me. Hey, that's an idea... :D

I'll get you. Don't worry. I'm determined now. *looks up ergonomics' ex*m timetable to see where she'll be...* :eek:

But I like your second idea. I could just take off my glasses and look in the mirror and it could be you...until...until...wait, what's that shiny thing in the centre below my lip? A labret stud? When did ergonomics get that done?! Wow! :D
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Who: Sceptre
    Where: My Car
    When: about 45 mins ago

Hmmm...this is debatable as to whether it counts; it was clearly arranged. :p Cheater! (Unless of course you returned to your car and Sceptre was just sitting in it, in which case I would be slightly disturbed and more concerned about that than playing the game...)

Ooh, F_M, heads up: I'll be in Mary I library in the morning! Won't be there for long though, just getting some books and heading over to *cough* the real university *cough, cough* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hmmm...this is debatable as to whether it counts; it was clearly arranged. :p Cheater! (Unless of course you returned to your car and Sceptre was just sitting in it, in which case I would be slightly disturbed and more concerned about that than playing the game...)

Ooh, F_M, heads up: I'll be in Mary I library in the morning! Won't be there for long though, just getting some books and heading over to *cough* the real university *cough, cough* ;)

Eh, the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. :pac:

Yiz had your chance to see me today. T'is gone now. And only Mossin and bluedolphin know what I look like. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

rmacm wrote: »
    Aye you do on the Who is who in UL + Pictures! thread as far as I remember.
    As far as I remember I took that down donkeys ago..

First off, don't dis my college when you getting books out of it missy..for I know you could be depriving me of an education-I might want them books you know!:D
    2nd: How do you get into our library may I ask? We've moved up in the world with regards to technology, we've installed electronic gate things that only open when you swipe your student card.
    3rd: I won't see you im afraid. Havn't stepped foot in the library all year. Have an exam aswell..:(

cson wrote: »
    Eh, the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. :pac:
    Eh I wasn't arranging to meet her; I was just giving her a tip-off that I'd be there. Much like you informing us of your named apparel this afternoon, good sir, or should I call you kettle? :p
    Fast_Mover wrote: »
    First off, don't dis my college when you getting books out of it missy..for I know you could be depriving me of an education-I might want them books you know!:D
    Want books on the origins and development of the Irish welfare state and social policy?
    Fast_Mover wrote:
    2nd: How do you get into our library may I ask? We've moved up in the world with regards to technology, we've installed electronic gate things that only open when you swipe your student card.

Yeah noticed that the last time. Pity UL couldn't grow some brains and follow suit. Anyhow, stand there and pitifully use my UL ID and then some hapless Mary I person will let me in out of frustration standing behind me. :pac: Don't know why they won't allow UL cards to work considering we have accounts there and can borrow books. Sillies.
    Fast_Mover wrote:
    3rd: I won't see you im afraid. Havn't stepped foot in the library all year. Have an exam aswell..:(

Unlikely I'll be there for long anyway. All those wimmins intimidate me :pac:

Good luck in the exam! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Want books on the origins and development of the Irish welfare state and social policy?
    Why coincidentally enough I do!!:p
    Yeah noticed that the last time. Pity UL couldn't grow some brains and follow suit. Anyhow, stand there and pitifully use my UL ID and then some hapless Mary I person will let me in out of frustration standing behind me. :pac: Don't know why they won't allow UL cards to work considering we have accounts there and can borrow books. Sillies. :)
    I don't know why we have such a system, I mean our library is fecking tiny. Though I still get lost as I'm never in there much.:D
    There was one week of activation back at the start of Feb..if you had brought your card over at that time your card would have been registered. My exam is down in the gym at 12.30 so will be around the college at about 12..if you'v any problems/no Mary I'er is willing to let you in, I'd be more than happy to help, but you've probably have been and gone.

Good luck in the exam!
    Thanks. Unfortunately I can't sleep!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Yiz had your chance to see me today. T'is gone now. And only Mossin and bluedolphin know what I look like. :cool:

Indeed I do...although its hard for me to catch anyone as I am away from 8-5 each day on co-op. I can be spotted near Dromroe at 7:30 each morning awaiting a lift though...But I'm sure that ye are all still cozy in bed at that early hour

@ Bluedolphin....
    Would this extract from a certain website be a description of you?
    I'm a grammar and spelling fascist and I'm not ashamed of it. So there.

I love penguins and orange lucozade. Not sure which one I prefer. Get back to me.

You may call me Aoife, The Chief, Breenie or Chief Breenie. "Hey, you're Fintan's sister, aren't you?" is completely unacceptable form of salutation and will result in me exploding into a tantrum that could cause embarrassment for all parties involved. We don't want that now, do we? No. There's a good lad."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Hey Bluedolphin is Fintans sister isnt she, and if the rumours are correct her dad gave me lectures in first year. Quick everyone compare her to her family:p

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    @ Bluedolphin....
    Would this extract from a certain website be a description of you?
    Yes, but it's old and I've updated it now so don't know how you have the old version *cough* stalker *cough*

It now reads:
    I'm a grammar, spelling and punctuation fascist and I'm not ashamed of it.

I answer to the following: Aoife, Aoifs, Breenie, Chief, Chiefie, Chief Breenie, Beeeenieeeee (followed by a slapping of the forehead with an open palm).
    ...Because I don't care about Fintan anymore as he is a Used-To-Be and no one knows him. He now suffers in my shadow and is frequently referred to as, "Aoife's Brother". :p
    cooperguy wrote: »
    Hey Bluedolphin is Fintans sister isnt she, and if the rumours are correct her dad gave me lectures in first year. Quick everyone compare her to her family:p

It is quite possible that Daddy Bluedolphin lectured you. If it was a biology-related module or something. I don't understand science. :p

My mother always feels left out. Here's a shout out to her, poor woman, living in a family of UL celebrities (ahem), "HEY MOM". :pac:

Yes, but it's old and I've updated it now so don't know how you have the old version *cough* stalker *cough*

I'm not a stalker...Well no recent activity to report. I just stumbled across the description on a certain social networking application this morning, and I thought holy **** it couldnt be...btw, it was a nice pic ;):pac:

I'm not a stalker...Well no recent activity to report. I just stumbled across the description on a certain social networking application this morning, and I thought holy **** it couldnt be...btw, it was a nice pic ;):pac:

Strange, though, cos I changed that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. As soon as I got rid of my inferiority complex. .

So it's quite possible I've since changed that pic as well, was it a Photoshopped one with me sticking out my tongue? Why is the old stuff still on view? Hmmm... Facebook, right?

Yeah it was on Facebook...
    I have no idea why it hasnt changed, I do believe you had your tongue out indeed.
    Its amazing what you can find on there...:rolleyes:
    Stupid thing tbh

Yeah it was on Facebook...
    I have no idea why it hasnt changed, I do believe you had your tongue out indeed.
    Its amazing what you can find on there...:rolleyes:
    Stupid thing tbh

K so it has the updated photo of me but still has old information. Strange. :rolleyes:

And btw, to stay on topic before Kai lashes out with his cruel lashing-out-mod stick, it doesn't count for the game to see me on Facebook! :p :pac:

Damn it!!

It was worth a try though :cool:

Where: Library; going down the stairs at 1st floor
    When: This afternoon, around 1430
    Wearing: A stripey tshirt of some sort or other

klong wrote: »
    Where: Library; going down the stairs at 1st floor
    When: This afternoon, around 1430
    Wearing: A stripey tshirt of some sort or other

It's not stripey! I question your sighting, sir! :pac: Although the where and when are probably accurate...

Boardsie: ergonomics
    Where: Library; social science and language aisle
    When: Just now: c. 19:40
    Wearing: Black jeans, black cardi, hair tied back...

GOTCHA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

keep going...I'm almost there...*pants*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Boardsie: ergonomics
    Where: Library; social science and language aisle
    When: Just now: c. 19:40

GOTCHA :D

Ahhh, damn slow loading computers!

Where: Library at one of the desks opposite the social science and language aisle (Prime watching spot you have there. I walked past you 3 times before I saw you.)
    When: Just now
    Wearing: Multicoloured t-shirt and jeans

Yes, I did just run downstairs with the sole aim of getting here first. Damn! :p

Boardsie: Sceptre
    Where: B1 Canteen
    When: Just Now
    Wearing: Some sort of UL hoodie

Where's my prize:D Its depressing still being in college at 8.30pm :(

Boardsie: Klong
    Where: Outside library
    When: around 20:45
    Wearing: Ehm...navy hoodie?! :o

Boardsie: Sceptre
    Where: Right outside library door
    When: 21:30ish
    Wearing: Gan Ainm navy hoodie

Where: Outside library
    When: around 1710...and 2045
    Wearing:yellow tshirt

15 points + todays earlier 10 + yesterdays 5 = 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I like how everyone has given a different description of bluedolphin's outfit. Maybe she's changing every few minutes to put us off her scent!

ergonomics wrote: »
    I like how everyone has given a different description of bluedolphin's outfit. Maybe she's changing every few minutes to put us off her scent!

Damn, you've caught on! No, it is a yellow-multi-coloured tee... It's basically luminous yellow, but there's pink, green and blue on it too :D

I'm on 34 points, w00t! \o/ (8 + 8 + 8 + 10)

It's a little nerdy that most of the sightings have been in the library... Boardsies are nerdy?! :eek: And I write that while still in college *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Everyone is being spotted at the library.....am i missing something!? :confused: lol!

No one has spotted me yet...mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Its reading week this week so everyone is either at home, in the library or in some other computer room round college. Iv a feeling this game will be a game of hide and seek between the shelves of the libarary soon enough!!

cooperguy wrote: »
    Its reading week this week so everyone is either at home, in the library or in some other computer room round college. Iv a feeling this game will be a game of hide and seek between the shelves of the libarary soon enough!!

Oooh! Sounds like fun! We can include hiding/running from security as well! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Boardsies are nerdy?! :eek:

Thats crazy talk.

Your crazy.

Advertisement