Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Le Crunch. KO 17:00. Match Thread

1394041424345»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

.ak wrote: »
    Ford for me for the next couple of seasons strikes me as a good impact player from the bench. I think Farrell is a good quality outhalf, he's underrated by a lot of people and probably over rated by too many (I still cringe at the IRB player of the year nomination) but I think having a loose outhalf at the helm really hurt England this year.

Ford is good. No Wilko. But good. And may well develop to be very good.
    Overall, I think he had at least as good a 6N as Sexton (who I have to think was hobbled minding some injury - when he was put in the situation of chasing an opportunity he couldnt turn down against Scotland he strained himself. Also Madser was doing a full warm up from the very beginning of that game - it looked like he was on permanent readiness suggesting concern over JS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

If France kicked their goals they would probably have been up near the 50 mark.Yes England were impressive in attack but I'd say Australia will be licking their lips come world cup time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Farrells game is too limited, it worked fine when England didn't have outside backs capeable of causing damage. I'd imagine their defensive systems will tighten up considerably before the RWC and they will be abck to simply needing to win games, not run up scores.

• Administrators Posts: 53,350 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just watched this.

My frustration with Chris Robshaw as a captain grows. He moans and whinges so much that referees are going to get fed up and it'll be like the boy who cried wolf. Always looks like he's sulking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

awec wrote: »
    Just watched this.

My frustration with Chris Robshaw as a captain grows. He moans and whinges so much that referees are going to get fed up and it'll be like the boy who cried wolf. Always looks like he's sulking too.

I used to have the same criticism of Paul O'Connell, seems to get annoyed when refs don't agree with him, so argues back and antagonises them.

He seems to have improved on that recently, but he is still not the "pal with the ref" kind of captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

awec wrote: »
    Just watched this.

Totally agree. It will come back to bite him at some point. The end of the game was a classic example. Owens blows for full time and Robshaw is still going on about something. The game is over!!!

Advertisement