Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destroying A Whole Generation Of Music

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Conway635 wrote: »
    The substitution of the tame lyric “Don’t marry her HAVE me” for the original “Don’t marry her F**K me” totally breaks the premise of the song imo.

Just looked up the lyrics to this for the first time based on this post. I always thought it was "You have to wash the car, take the Guinness to the bar". I thought man was a Guinness truck diver or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

Irish radio is best avoided anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I wish they would censor the whole song. Hate it.

Millennial favourites such as Kendrick Lamarr have much more offensive lyrics so I don't think you can blame this one the 'snowflakes'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I felt the need to turn down dead Kennedy's when driving around town for fear of the suede demin secret police.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I was just listening to Radio Nova
    Ah, yes, the radio. Do old foggies still listen to that? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I heard this at lunchtime

Anita o`day 'and her tears flowed like wine' from 1944

He would spend it on the ponies,
    He would spend it on the girls,
    Buy his mother gin and roses
    For her poor old henna'd curls.
    And when his wife said, "Hey now!
    What did you get for me?"
    He socked her in the chopper,
    Such a sweet sweet guy was he!

And people are outraged by 'baby it's cold outside'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭OldRio

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah, yes, the radio. Do old foggies still listen to that? :pac:

Good grief no. I much prefer the wireless.
    Switch it on at 10 to 6. Allows the valves to warm up. Listen to the news then turn it off.
    One can't be to careful with this new electricity thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

OldRio wrote: »
    Good grief no. I much prefer the wireless.
    Switch it on at 10 to 6. Allows the valves to warm up. Listen to the news then turn it off.
    One can't be to careful with this new electricity thing.

How did you guess ?. I was giving out to the clouds today as well, maybe I am getting old, the valve tube radio is warming up for my next round in regard to the snowflake generation.

s-l1600.jpg

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

My favourite bit of censorship ever was some rapper smoking a cigar, and MTV has blurred out the smoke coming off the cigar, but not the cigar itself.

The latest Madden NFL game has Pusha T's 'If You Know You Know' in the soundtrack, which is a long list of vague drug references, puns, metaphors, etc. The censorship is nothing short of amazing, probably north of 70% of the lines have been edited or censored out.

Cannot remember more off hand, but one line is `bricklayers in ball shorts`has bricklayers censored out because it refers to drug dealers.

Another is `where were you when Big Meech brought the tigers in` - apparently a reference to a crazy party a big time drug dealer where he grew up had, with tigers and other animals at it... and they censored the guys name.

Its probably the most censored song I`ve ever heard, almost like `Puff the Magic Dragon` was called `Blank the Blank Blank`.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

One Dire Straits song isn't too bad, if it means the entire genre (90% anyway) of rap music is censored due to it's lyrical theme around social irresponsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Noticed at Christmas that "sh1t" and "bastard" are uttered numerous times on Back To The Future. If tv stations knew that, they'd definitely stop airing it during the day!
    They should be, the message in their music is more relevant today than it was back then, way ahead of their time and better than 90% of the plastic music for plastic people that's played
    Yes I think the Dead Kennedys were great too but they were never played on mainstream radio and they never will be.
    Yep, that's what we are dealing with now... Lunatics that think the world should be non masculine in every way, just placid and pink with blue hues of serenity mashticated in a smooth covering of boxed thinking and fear of what a human being might say.
    Wo, ever consider writing for Kerrang?
    I blame Ronan keating for starting all this generational,let's not offend each other horse sh1t. when he butchered the fairytale of New York.
    It was hardly him that started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

• Registered Users Posts: 33,850 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Somewhat tragic story behind the footballer in the picture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Friday

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement