Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Can't be easy trying to perform a rescue when no communications can be got from the boy that gives any indication as to their condition or how best to carry out a rescue.

That poor child has no chance, it’s not a rescue but a recovery only I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭spakman

Stuff of nightmares. Parents lost another child to a heart-attack a couple of years ago. Life is cruelly unfair to some people - there's no way i could cope with what they're having to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

I don't think it's funny at all but the implication in a lot of posts seems to be that if the Simpsons scene popped into your head, you are an awful person.

Not true, but difference in it popping in your head or posting it online for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Poor little baby. The thought that he is probably dead or lying in the dark hurt crying and terrified all on his own is horrific. Hopefully they will find him very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Truly and utterly heartbreaking. Not ashamed to say I cried after reading the stories on this and when we came in from dinner (actually in Malaga atm and parents put our little one to bed) I took my daughter in my arms from her cot for a long cuddle. Sick to my stomach for the family involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

Wow, 18 thanks. Aren't you a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Recently heard of an Irish girl falling to here death on a footbridge at alicante airport, very scary how easily such a tragedy can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

2nd Post on this thread is close to the worst post I've seen on Boards.

Makes my skin crawl to think someone would post it and many would thank it. Some sick people out there/in here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

I'm wondering how you're going to work your white supremacy crap into this thread.

Wonder away.

2nd Post on this thread is close to the worst post I've seen on Boards.

Makes my skin crawl to think someone would post it and many would thank it. Some sick people out there/in here.

What's so offensive about it?

And let's be real here, the people acting outraged will have forgotten about the poor kid after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I love The Simpsons as much as anyone - I quote it enough every day. :D

But posting that video is in extremely bad taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Simpsons fans that need to reference and quote it at every opportunity are complete arseholes.

And let's be real here, the people acting outraged will have forgotten about the poor kid after a few days.

How do you know what people will think about?
    Being REAL, I’m sure there will be plenty of people thinking of this child and his family over the next days and weeks.
    Of course there will always be those who don’t think of anything else but their own vices, but they are special.

A 2 year old has fallen down this hole.

a33b88f7ef0f60ac3fce66e1ce08a0549c16f1f7d678745f28cd19acaef26abf.jpg

It's not even a foot wide but over 300 feet deep. He's most likely dead and the parents watched it happen and could do nothing to stop it. Then they were helpless to try and save their baby.

It's horrific. If you can't see how that Simpsons reference is offensive, you're a fuçking moron. Plain and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

pah wrote: »

It's not even a foot wide but over 300 feet deep. He's most likely dead and the parents watched it happen and could do nothing to stop it. Then they were helpless to try and save their baby.

It's horrific. If you can't see how that Simpsons reference is offensive, you're a fung moron. Plain and simple

And the parents lost another little child not long ago as well.

****ing hell.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How in gods name was that hole not covered, god love that child and his parents

It's horrific. If you can't see how that Simpsons reference is offensive, you're a fuçking moron. Plain and simple

Poor kid. Still don't see the rage over the Simpsons.

I'm a moron. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Dunno about others , but I honestly cannot remember a single other incident of somebody falling down a well.

The Simpsons was honestly one of the first things that popped into my head upon reading the title.

Not that I would have posted the video, but anyone here spouting off about the insensitivity of people who even thought of it would want to cop on.

It's only natural to have and make your own associations, and it in no way means you cannot be equally sympathetic to the victims of this horrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's not even a foot wide but over 300 feet deep.

It's actually 25cm in diameter and probably 110 metres deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Do you have a toddler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Genuinely weak in the pit of my stomach looking at that. Horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's only natural to have and make your own associations, and it in no way means you cannot be equally sympathetic to the victims of this horrible situation.

Which you should keep to yourself if they are particularly insensitive and relate to the death of a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I have a two year old nephew. I would lose my mind if something happened to the cool wee dude.

I've no idea how anybody can joke about this.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Do you have a toddler?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The poor little baby, don’t even know what to say to that, to be honest. I hope that they’ll find him, and that it’ll be a happy ending of course but the thoughts of a 2 year old down there by himself is awful, he must have been so scared

Oh well

I'd love to get a hold of you

Would kick your kick skinny ass senseless

That poor little baby is down that down " Oh well "

Ok then.

**** off posting here then

Go have a **** for yourself

Wait a minute, are you actually flipping out because I said 'oh well'?

Agreed. If however one is unable to grasp how such a reference is inherently insensitive in this situation, there must be a screw lose somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Dunno about others , but I honestly cannot remember a single other incident of somebody falling down a well.

The Simpsons was honestly one of the first things that popped into my head upon reading the title.

Not that I would have posted the video, but anyone here spouting off about the insensitivity of people who even thought of it would want to cop on.

If the Simpsons was one of the first things to enter my mind when reading this I be embarrassed and keep quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

If the Simpsons was one of the first things to enter my mind when reading this I be embarrassed and keep quiet.

I don't see the need to feel embarrassed about it.

You say it as if a person has or should somehow have the ability to exercise control over how and which thoughts enter their mind.
    Sure, a degree of sensitivity before expressing them recklessly or hurtfully, I agree.
    This is why I didn't or wouldn't have posted the video, as I felt the thought would be insensitive and inappropriate to share in the situation, NOT because I was ashamed to have it come to mind.
    It's not like it was a choice.

It's pretty interesting to see people demonise others for simply being honest and admitting to having a thought.
    I think most people are capable of both having something come to mind while feeling awful for the family and the child at the same time.

I don't think posting the video was the correct response, but simply admitting to having thought of it is nothing to make people feel ashamed of.

Advertisement