Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who s behind the Gardai road checks?

• 05-01-2019 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭

I dont think my locality (rural Mayo) is any different but for whatever reason in the last few months the amount of Garda checkpoints etc has been ramped up to an incredible degree, they are everywhere at all hours, breathalyzers, tax checks, speeding etc. I mean it makes zero sense for a force that was always complaining and maybe rightly so about being under resourced. obv a decison has been taken at a high level and im wondering by whom and for what reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd say the Gardaí

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Shane Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

‘Zero sense’ about catching drink drivers, uninsured drivers (who we all pay for when they hit someone) and tax cheats??? It’s called enforcement of the law, something we should all be happy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Bobby Shmurda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Half the country who are still drink driving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Theres a new sheriff in town, he's gonna shake things up, theres been a huge decrease in breathalyzer numbers, people are slacking off, well not any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭Patser

The illuminatii controlled, Global mega Corporation that produces those disposable blow pipes that you need to put on a breathyliser.

It's all part of their world domination scheme, that and their latex glove empire, that almost every profession seems to need to stockpile now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

uch wrote: »
    I'd say the Gardaí

Some of em stand out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

there should be a lot more and at different time and different locations.
    not enough is done to rid the roads of the drunk or uninsured or nontaxed or even no nct lot.
    a clown of a system where speed vans are flagged up and visible so the arrogant so and sos can slow down and avoid detection. there should also be cameras at traffic lights- might cure the need for breaking red lights that is so prevalent nowadays.

• Advertisement

Like other posters here ii am wondering why you question this? The gards doing their job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Mayo,eh! West of the Shannon rural pubs are full of Gardai, drinking after hours, and driving the roads in the early morn.

I often wonder, how do they get through the road checks?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

George Soros

sk8erboii wrote: »
    George Soros

And the leftiist media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Noveight wrote: »
    Bobby Shmurda.

I got pulled over ABOUT A WEEK AGO

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whereabouts in Mayo? I am west/North coast and not a sign... Empty roads,.. Is it near towns?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I dont think my locality (rural Mayo) is any different but for whatever reason in the last few months the amount of Garda checkpoints etc has been ramped up to an incredible degree, they are everywhere at all hours, breathalyzers, tax checks, speeding etc. I mean it makes zero sense for a force that was always complaining and maybe rightly so about being under resourced. obv a decison has been taken at a high level and im wondering by whom and for what reason?

See

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/33004-full-time-community-policing-unit-to-open-in-mayo-this-spring

Clearly they are getting their act together> I posted in a thread re community policemen. I was at the Westport Meals on Wheels Lunch Club Christmas dinner and there was a community garda there. Getting to know the old folk ; this time last year there was a spate of burglaries of old folk.

Orderly Mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

They are retrospective checkpoints, for the ones that happened years ago on paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I thought it was zig as it was zags day off that day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I’m driving for over 20 years and I don’t think I remember ever having been breathalised in that time, maybe once.
    That is a poor indication of coverage a cross the country if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Considering who the top man is in AGS, id say Mi5 are calling the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

budgese wrote: »
    Like other posters here ii am wondering why you question this? The gards doing their job

Nah thats not my point, im just wondering at what level this decision was taken and resources have obviously been moved form other areas

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

No matter what the gardai, do people will think they should be doing something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Protestants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

The Gardai maybe??

Why do people have such a problem with them doing their job? No it’s not catching master criminals but it’s still a vital part of what they do nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

The Gardai maybe??

Why do people have such a problem with them doing their job? No it’s not catching master criminals but it’s still a vital part of what they do nonetheless.

"Should be out catching real criminals"

Basically.....should stop checking for my non-existent tax disk or me trying to kill other road users by drink driving.

Piss off and obey the law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'm also living in rural mayo and I haven't come across a checkpoint in years. I'm on the road during fairly busy hours and also do a lot of driving at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Rex Banner :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Eamon De Valera. The source of all of Ireland's problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Wyatt Earp (aka Drew Harris) has arrived in Dodge City....and the Cowboys ain't happy.

Advertisement