Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help me translate a GNIB card.

• 19-07-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some assistance please. I'm filling out a naturalisation form and one of the details I'm required to give is my registration number from my GNIB card. It's all in Irish so I'm unsure which of the number fields to use. My options are:
    Uimhir GNIB
    Uimhir Roinne
    Uimhir Charta

My suspicion is that the last is the card number which in my opinion limits it to the first two. Uimhir Roinne would be my choice if left to my own devices.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Can you post a picture of the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Uimhir GNIB = GNIB number

The last one is just the card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Umihir Roinne is the Department Number so I would suspect it is Uimhir GNIB.

Advertisement