Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst piece of 5h1t you ever bought

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Sounded like when you put your ear to the desk in a classroom.

:confused: Why the fcuk would ye do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

A " Raleigh " push bike. English name. Decades ago they used to be built like tanks and would out last the rider.

Since made " Under License " in India. On a warm evening like this, ye could sit out back with a long, tall cool one and listen to ye Raleigh bike gently falling to fcuking bits in the shed! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Stigura wrote: »
    :confused: Why the fcuk would ye do that?

Never fall asleep in school?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

thats very like what I had, only my hose (fnarr fnarr) was yellow.

There's a cream for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got my dad a foot scrubber for the shower so he would have to bend less. Big foot shaped plastic thing with bristles and an arch of bristles over the toes. The sticky rubber feet would unstick as soon as got wet and you put any pressure to it, so it was like accidentally wearing one giant hard plastic slipper full of wet needles in the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I remember buying a phone scanner about 20 years ago that would allow you to listen to other people's phone calls, Garda radio etc etc.

I think I managed to lock into two phone calls in the space of a year before it went in the Buy and Sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I remember buying a phone scanner about 20 years ago that would allow you to listen to other people's phone calls, Garda radio etc etc.

I think I managed to lock into two phone calls in the space of a year before it went in the Buy and Sell.
    creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It was a pair of Emporio Armani jeans I paid a ridiculous amount of money for when I was young and naive bought in a swanky department store. They flithered in less than 6 months. I've had penny's jeans that lasted longer. A sort-lived affair with designer clothing - thanks f.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Recently a so-called Nokia 8110 (rebooted edition)

Took 3 weeks to arrive
    Turned out to be an inferior 2G version
    Broke after 2 weeks. Got a refund today though

thats what happens when you buy grey imports most people knew early models avaialble where not 4g and they only went on sale today offcially

I bought a Braun Wet n' Dry epilator and used it in the shower the day I got it.

I won't describe what happened in detail but there were tears, there was blood, there was an epilator attached to my body for several minutes while I plucked up the courage to remove it after which there were screams. It was about a year ago, I'm still traumatized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

sorry candie but that is the funniest thing i have read on boards in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

padd b1975 wrote: »

You just didn’t know how to use it. I had a number of them and used them for years. Brilliant. The things I have heard with them. Still have one kicking around. Stopped using coz most broadcasts switched to digital.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

A Windows phone - no idea what I was thinking at the time. Worst phone I've owned and I've owned a lot of phones over the years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Candie wrote: »
    I bought a Braun Wet n' Dry epilator and used it in the shower the day I got it.

I won't describe what happened in detail but there were tears, there was blood, there was an epilator attached to my body for several minutes while I plucked up the courage to remove it after which there were screams. It was about a year ago, I'm still traumatized.
    First I heard of them was an ex of mine that used one of those yokes. Seemed to have no pain receptors at all. She said it doesn't hurt she'd been using one for years(popular on the continent I gathered). Like the thundering moron I am at her suggestion I let her demonstrate... I was in love an that. So brain in neutral. Sweet Baby Jesus!!! I would make a crap secret agent as I would fold under questioning at the very appearance of one. The pain. How I didn't lash out at her with an uppercut I'll never know. :D That she slid off the bed while nearly wet herself laughing made it a close call indeed. The wagon. :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    First I heard of them was an ex of mine that used one of those yokes. Seemed to have no pain receptors at all. She said it doesn't hurt she'd been using one for years(popular on the continent I gathered). Like the thundering moron I am at her suggestion I let her demonstrate... I was in love an that. So brain in neutral. Sweet Baby Jesus!!! I would make a crap secret agent as I would fold under questioning at the very appearance of one. The pain. How I didn't lash out at her with an uppercut I'll never know. :D That she slid off the bed while nearly wet herself laughing made it a close call indeed. The wagon. :pac:

I too suffered the indignity of being laughed at in my hour of need.

On the plus side, my cousin was training for a big cycle race and I suggested an easy way to remove the hair from his legs to get that aerodynamic edge. You'd think he'd know I'm a liar at this stage.

Funniest thing I've ever witnessed. I did actually pee myself laughing, little bit. Worth it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Candie wrote: »

Lol, I had to look up epilator :), luckily I'm not sensitive to hair removal although that 40 year old virgin scene is horrible.

OT bought a Silvercrest rice cooker in lidl, first time I used it was great. 3 weeks later with family calling around all set for a Thai green curry, got everything ready, turned it on and nothing, tried everything and just threw it in the bin.
    Last time I'll buy anything by Silvercrest, POS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Levis jeans, last pair ripped in less than a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Levis jeans, last pair ripped in less than a year.

+1 The quality of Levis has gone to sh*t :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

humberklog wrote: »
    Alpha 156 2.5 V6.

Broke my heart. It was like going out with the sexiest girl in the neighbourhood whilst everyone else knew she was sucking cock all 'round town.

I know they've a terrible reputation but I bought one, it was cheap and I loved it.. And continued to love it until I reluctantly traded it against a brand new Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi with the DSG automatic gear box ~ that car was a scutterbox from almost day one.

I had it four years, it broke my heart. Can't remember what the last problem was with it but I remember leaving home for work one day and saying I didn't want to see it when I got home.

My son went out and traded it against a new Citroen C3, everyone laughed but I loved it. I'd still have it now but close to 200,000km the head blew a gasket and it was beyond economic repair. The thing was a little tank.

So there, the worst thing I've ever bought was a Skoda Octavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I see the Minidisc mentioned above, but that was a decent bit of kit, just came out slightly before the behemoth that was the iPod.

My contribution; Adidas A3 trainers. Supposed to rival Nike Shox.
    They looked decent but whatever material used absolutely stank. I worked in a sports store and the manager refused to change them. Had to go above her head to the Buying Manager who admitted they’ve had tons of returns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement