Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elevated Places in Dublin to take shots

• 17-10-2012 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm fortunate enough to have taken some nice shots from atop Google Docks in Dublin but am looking for some other ideas for high places to take some landscape shots in or around Dublin city.

I don't drive so can't really get up to the Dublin mountains and I don't want to be behind glass so Guinness Storehouse is out of the question.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

The roof of the Stephens Green Shopping centre is not a bad spot

I have heard of security moving people on so you would have to be fairly quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, there are lovely views from the top floor of the Mater Hospital, if you pretend you're visiting a sick relative. Not sure how security would react or worse still......Matron!!! Good luck.

Ephraim.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

The roof of the Stephens Green Shopping centre is not a bad spot

The roof is simply accessible?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

sebphoto wrote: »
    The roof is simply accessible?
    The car park is on the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

The car park is on the roof

silly me

i don't have a car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Top of bolands mill:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

Finally made it up to the top of Stephen's Green car park but it was a windy evening and I didn't have a tripod but got this shot. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

car park across the road from the bank not sure what it's called but brilliant shots of the central bank are available

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurarosep

Is it possible to get on top of Bolands Mill or do all those smilies imply it's a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Laurarosep wrote: »
    Is it possible to get on top of Bolands Mill or do all those smilies imply it's a joke?
    Search Bolands mill on google and that'll answer your question!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

You can actually get inside but it's at your own risk and this is clearly stated around it. I wouldn't if I were you though as it's as fairly dilapidated.

Advertisement