Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Okay so preferably a quiet pub somewhere that's populated by regulars and where we will get stared the hell out of as soon as we walk in :P

Sera is a female. No idea if she'll come though. I've got long hair so if you look at me from behind I may look like a girl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've got long hair so if you look at me from behind I may look like a girl :P

Same. I had to grow a beard because people kept stopping me and saying things like -

'Excuse me miss..how do I get to....oh'

Or a couple of times I was out with my girlfriend and got

'Excuse me ladies, do you know where....'

:mad:

But yay! Good to see people interested. Might I suggest some time sooner than the 20th of March? As that's only a week away from me being able to drink again. Which is just too cruel...!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Same. I had to grow a beard because people kept stopping me and saying things like -

'Excuse me miss..how do I get to....oh'

Or a couple of times I was out with my girlfriend and got

'Excuse me ladies, do you know where....'

:mad:

But yay! Good to see people interested. Might I suggest some time sooner than the 20th of March? As that's only a week away from me being able to drink again. Which is just too cruel...!

I wouldn't have pictured you with long hair at all! You've just shattered my whole image of you now :P

Any weekend including Friday evening is fine with me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The weekend of the 13th I'll be away watching Man United hammer Fulham.

O'Neills on Dame street isn't a bad spot and quite central as well or perhaps TP Smyths?

Master of the Universe

I wouldn't have pictured you with long hair at all! You've just shattered my whole image of you now :P

Think Jesus playing an arcade machine and you won't be too far off the mark :D
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The weekend of the 13th I'll be away watching Man United hammer Fulham.

O'Neills on Dame street isn't a bad spot and quite central as well or perhaps TP Smyths?

Sounds good to me!

I'll also throw in Messer Maguires, great pub. Might be a bit busy and loud on a Saturday though. I was at a boards.ie airsoft beers in there and it got a bit mental :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Well I'll put me name in, but can't promise I can make it. Herself is expecting soon so I'm on call but will still hope to make whatever date is planned:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm out, 3 hours drive away and I make all my money stripping on Friday and Saturday nights

Master of the Universe

You can strip for us, we'll need some form of entertainment.

Jack is short for Jackie, right?

I cant believe no one knows who Jack Burton is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

jackburton.jpg

• Advertisement

A king amongst men!

Master of the Universe

Big Trouble in Little China was responsible for Raiden in Mortal Kombat. But I'm sure you already knew that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jack Burton rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i bring the credit card so we can go to the brothel..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sera is a female. No idea if she'll come though. I've got long hair so if you look at me from behind I may look like a girl :P
    My woman's intuition told me I was being talked about ( ̄〜 ̄;)

Fred83 wrote: »
    i bring the credit card so we can go to the brothel..
    Ask Maurice about his one to go to lol

entering the data into the bat computer,we came up with this simulation of what will happen-

playing games
    Sims3_irony-thumb-550x344-19211.jpg

someone finding this in their cupboard
    ConsoleShenmue--article_image.jpg

Fred83 wrote: »
    someone finding this in their cupboard
    ConsoleShenmue--article_image.jpg
    Oh I wish! I really do

this show is starting again,sorry guys :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I do be in Dublin most weekends so should be able to make this. I suggest somewhere in Stepaside as it means I won't have to move! :D

• Advertisement

I suggest somewhere in Stepaside as it means I won't have to move! :D

Where the fook is that?

I have come up with another suggestion. The fighting game forum guys seem to highly recommend the Bull and Castle. Not only are the pints good but you can get some great fast food there as well including deep fried mars bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Where the fook is that?

I have come up with another suggestion. The fighting game forum guys seem to highly recommend the Bull and Castle. Not only are the pints good but you can get some great fast food there as well including deep fried mars bars.

Oh yeah... But better than pints they have steins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Where the fook is that?

Tis out past Dundrum! under the shadow of the mountain.. or mordor..

Bull and Castle is a great spot though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

+1 For Bull and Castle. HMMmmm...Steak...

Where the fook is bull & castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Where the fook is bull & castle?

Opposite Christ Church Cathedral.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Where the fook is that?

DEEP.
    FRIED.
    MARS BARS.

+1 Bull agus Castle.

I've never tried them before but I think this could be the perfect time to change that :)

Yeah I'll have to try one! I had deep fried ice cream before which is odd...but nice :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

They are quite possibly the greatest use for a deep fat frier ever.

Advertisement