Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It was a great night, I really enjoyed it, it was good to see everyone again. Thanks for having us Dinorex and thanks for the lift home Ciderman. I hope you got up for work okay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nintendo-christmas.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Starting to think of the Christmas A&R Beers for 2018.
    I volunteer to host it, if that's okay with everyone.

I see we have quite a few new posters over the past year, which is fantastic to see, and it would be even better to see if you could come along and have the craic, talk games and, you never know, play a few as well!

I haven't thought of a date as yet, first week or so of December.
    So I'll chime back with that as soon as.

Let me know what's best for whom and so on.
    I'll try to provide floor space for those wishing to camp out if you have to travel.
    I'll also endeavour to be off the following day too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Christmas party is the first Saturday in December so won't be able to make it if it's that date. I'm working every other weekend but I'm pretty sure I have a day left to book off. I'll get to show off my lack of gaming skills at some point...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's likely to be a Friday night, so I'd say perhaps the evening of the 7th of December.
    Finalise it later, I have a work doo or two myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My fashion meet might be that weekend too which would be great to do both. It'll be on early in the day they won't clash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

okay I'll defo do my best to attend this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm on day shift the week of the 7th so could still attend if I can't get the day off work. Finish at 7pm so could be there around 7:30-8pm. Depending on when it starts!

*Edited
    If anyone's interested in Secret Santa post to say so or I can try do a lucky dip again.
    I did it out of pocket last year, didn't mind since can't have beers to pay it back but dunno how money will work out this year, won't knows til the end of the month, waiting for dental surgery consultation (fingers and toes crossed) and some other stuff.

If the dip is a better idea and I can't get as much stuff how do people feel about second hand things or if anyone had stuff to add to it like doubles, loot crate stuff they don't like ect. to bulk it out.

I'm up for secret santa this year but i'm in Cork so as long as it's ok to post something to ye all i'm in.

I'm up for secret santa this year but i'm in Cork so as long as it's ok to post something to ye all i'm in.

Yeah we posted to anyonw who couldn't make beers, I suppose we'd need 4 minimum? I can join to make numbers if it's needed

• Advertisement

I'm up for it!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm up for it!
    Just one more :)
    Maybe Sparks if you're talking to him?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Also, see "Rule of Ciderman #2", which simply state "Streets of Rage and Golden Axe do not exist in this dojo".

Excluding Golden Axe 3

The King of the double tap (Inc Liu Kang)

Just one more :)
    Maybe Sparks if you're talking to him?

I'll get to it!
    What about our friend in Canada?

Stoner wrote: »
    Excluding Golden Axe 3

The King of the double tap (Inc Liu Kang)

You don't visit this forum very much, do you?
    They all must burn!

Take off and nuke the site from orbit...

I'll get to it!
    What about our friend in Canada?
    I'll find out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Room for someone who literally only plays NES games? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

accensi0n wrote: »
    Room for someone who literally only plays NES games? :D

I feel sorry for you. You've yet to experience the delights of the CDi

Should be room?

Atavan is more up for the pot luck type thing so it's not buying specific for a person. We can still do one a seperate one and have them wrapped, I can post Cake's and Cake can post one for me to bring.

I'll still bring small stuff for everyone one the night just the Secret Santa people that were interested can be a little bigger?

Thoughts?

I think, maybe, not do Secret Santa and just buy some small stuff.
    If everyone buys a few bits we can divide them on the night between the attendees, no one going without!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So is it the 7th ?? If so my bloody work do is that night, and I've never gone to a boards event :(:(

I'm trying to set a date here.
    I have a pair of work doos myself, not sure what nights.
    I can't really miss either so, as soon as I know, I'll post here.

Two work do's? Mr popular here :)

Two work do's? Mr popular here :)

I'm moving from one nurse manager role in my hospital to another, as a result I've a boot in both camps, one in attendance and the other in compliance, as a result I may have two party invites!
    New gúna and geansaí needed!

I think, maybe, not do Secret Santa and just buy some small stuff.
    If everyone buys a few bits we can divide them on the night between the attendees, no one going without!
    Sounds good to me, already on the look out

I'm moving from one nurse manager role in my hospital to another, as a result I've a boot in both camps, one in attendance and the other in compliance, as a result I may have two party invites!
    New gúna and geansaí needed!

Congrats!
    I know who to call if I ever need medical attention in Dublin.
    It's happened before, so don't rule it out :)

Congrats!
    I know who to call if I ever need medical attention in Dublin.
    It's happened before, so don't rule it out :)

Not that kind of hospital!

So, I'm going to call this one for the 7th of December, so all who can attend, please do!
    Let me know who is coming along and I'll make sure there's enough sausage rolls in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So, I'm going to call this one for the 7th of December, so all who can attend, please do!
    Let me know who is coming along and I'll make sure there's enough sausage rolls in!

You better stock up because I haven't had a sausage roll in over two years!

• Advertisement

You better stock up because I haven't had a sausage roll in over two years!

Woohoo!

I'll get the DDR mat ready.
    I'm expecting some next level twerking!

Advertisement