Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 260

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    So you think Bisping was the Goat MW at that point because of the win? Or was it just his night? Because that was a discussion.
    You seem a fixated on the world lucky, but aren’t really explaining winning on the night translates to being the goat.

Your conversation about the GOAT was with another poster.

I was talking about your use of the term "lucky punch". You know that because you went into detail in your previous posts and used examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

one problem with ngannou seems to be the lack of possible competition that would bring in big draws.

stipe might want/get a trilogy, jones might fight him.

other than those two & dereck lewis, there really isn't many people for him to fight

People will still pay - for a while anyway - to watch Ngannou in the hope he sparks the opponent early.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Pretty hard to watch as a Stipe fan and after their first fight I thought Ngannou was honestly exposed as all hype and felt it was confirmed when he fought Lewis. I got slightly worried when he beat Blaydes so easily as I would rate him quite highly and just got worse as he beat more and more guys and although it was subtle, he was showing signs of very slight improvements.

I thought Stipe would retire before they fought again for his own sake and his reactions in the fight seemed to show how concerned he was when he failed the take down and started to feel his power again. But nonetheless, still happy for Ngannou, UFC must be very happy with the result as Stipe didn't get a long with Dana from the looks and was not nearly as marketable as Ngannou will be.

I think a trilogy is a waste of time and I'm struggling to think of anyone who can challenge him at the moment (maybe Lewis) but theres some good heavyweights just beginning their ufc careers so who knows how dominant he'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Watched the fight again. The right/left that started the finish, wow. The left shot was lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

there really isn't many people for him to fight

There's always Tai Tuivasa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Volkov? Maybe GAne in a year or two?

I think volkov could beat just about anybody but Francis but I could be wrong.
    I'd fancy volk to beat stipe also as long as he could keep it standing.

Gane is the dark horse though, very elusive and could be ngannou's biggest test should ngannou remain unbeaten in a year from now

volkov gane a match to make possibly

The Nal wrote: »
    Jesus I forgot about that. The ref had to tell them both to engage. Crazy. Seems like a long time ago now. Ngannou was finished after that remember!

The worst hw fight in history (or any div) and we'll be still saying that in 10 years time

Think I heard rogan say ngannou threw something like 11 strikes in that one

Homelander wrote: »

Sometimes at the 11th hour. Wasn't it against Volkov where Lewis got dominated and then knocked him out in the last seconds of the last round. People can argue that was a freak KO or fluke, but when talking about someone like Lewis, that's unfair.

Of course I agree that a one-hit KO can be luck or a fluke, but it's neither of those things when talking about people who have made careers out of doing it repeatedly.

I would love to see Lewis v Ngannou again at some point. The first match was one of the biggest let downs of all time, Lewis was bad but Ngannou did almost literally nothing all 3 rounds. I remember Joe Rogan saying there should be some way to make them both losers on the judges decision.

I hate seeing this happen where a fighter dominates and the other lands a punch with seconds to go especially when it guaranteed a one trick pony like Lewis a title shot v dc and we all knew what the chances of him beating dc were... slim to none and maybe volkov might have put up a better show.

It does look like lewis is taking it more seriously now so should at least not be embarrassed if he gets another shot (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

mailburner wrote: »
    I hate seeing this happen where a fighter dominates and the other lands a punch with seconds to go especially when it guaranteed a one trick pony like Lewis a title shot v dc and we all knew what the chances of him beating dc were... slim to none and maybe volkov might have put up a better show.

It does look like lewis is taking it more seriously now so should at least not be embarrassed if he gets another shot (i hope)

Didn't Lewis have really bad injury issues going into the DC fight,
    if I recall he said he couldn't afford not to go ahead and fight DC because of the finical side of things ,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Does anyone think if Stipe gained weight and was the same size as the first fight a 3rd fight could go differently ?
    Its hard to see any other outcome after watching Franic's improve so much ,

I wonder what Stipe does now ,

• Advertisement

Didn't Lewis have really bad injury issues going into the DC fight,
    if I recall he said he couldn't afford not to go ahead and fight DC because of the finical side of things ,

His knee was pretty messed up alright but cormier was a terrible match up for him

not sure how I'd feel about ngannou v lewis 2 but sure It has to be better
    that the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lewis back ws ****ed for the DC fight, he said he didn't want it but took it in the end because of the cash which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Watched the main event another 4 or 5 times today as they added it Fight Pass.

Wow, Francis is a scary dude! He hit Stipe with a huge left, a few smaller shots and a big uppercut.

I don't blame Stipe for trying to capitalise when he stiffened Francis. He tried to make out that he was just stepping backwards, but Ngannou was clearly wobbled by that right hand.

I'd imagine Stipe knew it was a matter of time before Francis put him away and tried to take his chance while he could.

That hammer-fist at the end though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Watched the main event another 4 or 5 times today as they added it Fight Pass.

Wow, Francis is a scary dude! He hit Stipe with a huge left, a few smaller shots and a big uppercut.

I don't blame Stipe for trying to capitalise when he stiffened Francis. He tried to make out that he was just stepping backwards, but Ngannou was clearly wobbled by that right hand.

I'd imagine Stipe knew it was a matter of time before Francis put him away and tried to take his chance while he could.

That hammer-fist at the end though :(

Scary scary ko

Advertisement