Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 259

Comments

Anderson doesn't look good here arriving to the arena

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1368399870059376644?s=19

Jesus she looks like me in the early morning after taking some yokes. :eek:

I know she's naturally pale but she looks like a ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I know that was top notch grappling but it's awful watching

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not gonna pretend to know whole lot about him but looking at his record how is Makhachev only ranked 14th?

Inactivity I think. Hadn't fought in 18 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Damn that was dominant.

Can Dustin, Conor, Chandler stop those takedowns.
    Khabib part two.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Damn that was dominant.

Can Dustin, Conor, Chandler stop those takedowns.
    Khabib part two.

Looks so heavy on top too. He'll be a nightmare

• Advertisement

I know that was top notch grappling but it's awful watching

I know it's MMA and not kickboxing but the Dagestani brand of fighting is very harsh on the eyes. It's almost like they're utterly terrified of striking with how quickly they try and get fights to the ground. I can still appreciate the dominance of their wrestling but if I was American paying for each PPV would I shell out $60-70 on their main event fights if I knew that's what they are going to do? No, I wouldn't. I'd rather catch their highlights online the day after. And judging by Khabib's retirement fight I'm not surprised it sold so low in the PPV figures.

Aljo is coming for that ass!!!

It’s time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Not gonna pretend to know whole lot about him but looking at his record how is Makhachev only ranked 14th?

Has been pretty inactive around since 2014/15 and has fought either once or twice a year with a lay off.
    Hasn't really fought anyone note worthy off the top of my head.
    Most notable thing is his connection to khabib, hasn't been tested against a top tier guy yet.
    Dober isn't even ranked as far as I know.

Fighting bottom rung guys infrequently keeps you low ranked.
    He'll likely get the push though as he's in khabibs team and people see him as the next khabib in no small part to khabib pushing that narrative.

I know it's MMA and not kickboxing but the Dagestani brand of fighting is very harsh on the eyes. It's almost like they're utterly terrified of striking with how quickly they try and get fights to the ground. I can still appreciate the dominance of their wrestling but if I was American paying for each PPV would I shell out $60-70 on their main event fights if I knew that's what they are going to do? No, I wouldn't. I'd rather catch their highlights online the day after. And judging by Khabib's retirement fight I'm not surprised it sold so low in the PPV figures.

I am very much a casual fan, but accept they are technically brilliant.

To be fair he looks like khabib take 2, I think I'd enjoy seeing 2 of these guys face off, but once on top they seem too good for anyone.

Could do well in this division. Agree on paying for fights, fast a furious much more saleable.

• Advertisement

Really pulling for Aljo here.

The guy has spent a long time paying his dues. He also seems like a top bloke.

He's waited so long for this shot, really hope he pulls it off.

Damnnnn that’s a good first round.

Fight of the night stuff.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Damnnnn that’s a good first round.

Fight of the night stuff.

Great, start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anderson
    I think Yan takes that, aljo started off great but didn't do much overall. Aljo will slow down I'd say as well where I expect Yan to keep improving

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cracking fight so far here, loving Sterlings creativity with his takedowns.

1-1 probably.

Some pressure by Aljo but I can't see him keeping this up past another 5 minutes

Yan class above in that round.

Anderson
    Aljo so much slower, I think Yan will get the finish this round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Stering being outclassed here fairly disappointed

What happens here is Aljo can't continue?

• Advertisement

Commentary seem to obsess over Sterling and ignore anything petr does good. Very one sided fight in my opinion, steeling taking advantage of the knee now looking for air or DQ?

He looks out. This is over

Much like Khabib, Makhachev and Yan show that while plenty want to be all-rounders if you can be solid defensively in most disciplines then you just need to be outstanding in one.

Though that knee shows that if you want to be stupid then all bets are off. Some nice acting by Sterling here.

Anderson
    What was Yan thinking doing that. Was bis fight to lose and that's what he's done.

No way sterling can continue here

Sickening end.

Sterling was bet and done.

Oh well, rules be rules.

Some nice acting by Sterling here.

I think that's a bit harsh on Aljo. He got cracked badly!

He quit! Commentary is sickening

Yan should be DQ'd for that alone. Definite intentional foul. If Sterling decided to stay down even if he was alright then I wouldn't blame him at all.

If it was the knee rather than fatigue that had him down this long then the doctor is being negligent leaving him without treatment. He was completely out through fatigue, knee had basically nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement

Sickening end.

Sterling was bet and done.

Oh well, rules be rules.

Agreed! I don't even think Aljo had a Hail Mary left in him.

No way Aljo wants the belt this way

Advertisement