Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The best chips in Tipp

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrsMoore

MacBurger. By far. Traditional Italian type chipper. And Bruno who owns it is a legend.

I will definitely try this! What about family restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

My local is The Green Rooster . The best Chips in The Kingdom .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrsMoore

I tried Mac Burger, and while the chips weren't wonderful, the burger was great! I think it was because when I placed my order, there was no one in front of me; however, four people came in behind me to place their order. They were waiting for the poor sod to be the first to order chips, like the first to call for a Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

This thread is gone quiet, nobody eating chips anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

alan27 wrote: »
    This thread is gone quiet, nobody eating chips anymore?

Had chips recently in Clerihan they were superb really nice I’d recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

Agree with above. Village Grill is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the one on the corner coiming out of clonmel towards cashel is good
    village grill is good. dont like their milkshakes for some reason
    chipper in cahsel where the friar st frier used to be , across from the cathederal. morreli is good too
    mona lisa in thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

the one on the corner coiming out of clonmel towards cashel is good
    village grill is good. dont like their milkshakes for some reason
    chipper in cahsel where the friar st frier used to be , across from the cathederal. morreli is good too
    mona lisa in thurles
    Village Grill milkshakes are a big hit in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Had chips recently in Clerihan they were superb really nice I’d recommend.

Highly recommend the Village Grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

pooch90 wrote: »
    Village Grill milkshakes are a big hit in this house.

could have been a bad batch or similar. only got the milkshake twice. probably a week apart and didnt like it either time. funny taste afterwards. i have skipped it since so i might give them another go for a milkshake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Lyons and Clerihan are class.
    The less said about that joint in Clogheen the better- bwuhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Robertoes in Carrick on Suir or Arrons in Kilsheelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Paddico

Anyone else on here have a dislike for Supermacs.

Come to the outskirts of Tipp Town. Take footfall away from the center of town and hit the local chippers that have been established for years.
    Their food is average at best. Chicken is nice are burgers are poor. Chip portions are tiny and a rip off for the price.

Just calling people to stick to the local town chippers and support town center local business

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Paul Griffen

mikemac wrote: »
    Mama's in Nenagh

Proper Italian chipper
    Lots of Italian soccer players on the wall and flags

Queues out the door at lunchtime with the students. Can't be beat

Maybe a decade ago, used to love the place and tried it in more recent times when visiting the area and it was brutal, 11pm on a Friday night and the food I got must have been sitting for hours. A Local told me its the norn now. Students love it because of price - that crap has to be given away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

MacBurger do decent chips but Nico's Takeaway in Cappawhite is the best around, fantastic chips there.

Advertisement