Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Z list celebrities

Options
  • 23-09-2020 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭

In Ireland is being a Z list celebrity lucatrive?.

Flick through the raido stations a while ago, I came across what I think was some sort of DJ/ man about town/ media something, being interviews, his life seemed to consist of constant Instagram, and anything to get his name out there sounded almost despreat.

So is it very lucatrive or something or what is the attraction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not lucrative, none of these people make a good income. They might get the odd freebie here and there, but the majority of the appeal for them is the public attention. Most of these people are just about making the average wage, if not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

What is a celebrity? And who actually makes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Kylta wrote: »
    A celebrity is the exact opposite of a Z list celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The idea of celebrites its self is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

A celebrity is the exact opposite of a Z list celebrity.

A celebrity is 26 times more important than a Z celebrity.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Ashamed to admit i am so illiterate it took me a while to work that out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The You tube doc about Paris Hilton is worth a watch.

For the record, I fancy Vogue Williams ( a lot of men do , she is gorge ).

I hate Colin Farrell... who is actually a genuine celeb, Cian Egan, Brian Dowling ( inexplicably), and I like to bully Jason Byrne.

I would love to shift Jennifer Zamparelli as well, she is cute.

Thanks. I will update later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I hate Colin Farrell... who is actually a genuine celeb, Cian Egan, Brian Dowling ( inexplicably), and I like to bully Jason Byrne.

Who asked the question that you answered ?!???? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

greenspurs wrote: »
    Who asked the question that you answered ?!???? :confused:

I love Vogue Williams, she is beautiful.

It actually an interesting subject if you think of it.

An indviduial finishes college and think they will become a journalist, decides that's too hard so instead pushes some minor interest in being a DJ, talking about books or films, or what hair brush they use, combined that with hudrets of intstergram posts and hopse tha turns in to a 'careere'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Yes being a Z list celeb or social media influencer is quite lucrative, even in a small country like Ireland. Not always in cash terms, but in the free swag they get.

Brands will fall over themselves to give their products to these people in the hope that they might use them and post about them.

It does work for some Vogue Williams being an example, the others in your post I had to look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

this post deserves a hundred thumbs up

very very good

Tzardine wrote: »
    Yes being a Z list celeb or social media influencer is quite lucrative, even in a small country like Ireland. Not always in cash terms, but in the free swag they get.

Brands will fall over themselves to give their products to these people in the hope that they might use them and post about them.

A fundraising table quiz I was at all the prizes was donated by a minor celeb from all the free stuff they are given and some of it would be expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

id have thought a Z list celebrity is one that the majority of people have never even heard of but who does have a profile of some kind , one of those influencer types perhaps who is all over instagram ?

the likes of Maura Higgins is probably even well above a Z list celebrity , i didnt watch love island but ive heard of it and have seen her on tv a few times , shes able to do more than open an nightclub in athlone etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There are 1000,s of celebritys on instagram and facebook,
    if you have x 1000 followers you get free products and get paid if you show
    a certain brand.
    if you make films that are showing in cinema,s you are not zlist.
    in the uk d list celebritys ring up paparrazzi and get paid for photos that are in a newspaper .eg i,ll be going to a certain restaurant at 8pm
    and i,ll pose for photos .
    i dont think z list celebritys exist in ireland.
    Dlist celebritys appear on talk shows and any reality show that will pay them.eg actors who were on eastenders 5 years ago .
    i think the kardashians are extremely rich,
    theres no reason for them to make a tv show now .
    They can make more money from sponsored posts on instagram .
    Maura higgins is not dlist, i think love island was the biggest hit itv had for years .

Why do journalists need a media profile? Newstalk seems to very bad for this.

The person's appearance, personal life, what restaurant they go to etc should be irrelevant to their work as a journalist.

A z lister is someone who doesn't have anyone around to tell them its embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

A z lister is someone who doesn't have anyone around to tell them its embarrassing.

"It is better to be no celebrity at all than to be a Z list celebrity" --- Socrates.

"It is better to be no celebrity at all than to be a Z list celebrity" --- Socrates.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

I suppose in Ireland a Z-lister would be an actor from Fair City or the likes? I saw yer man Bella Doyle on the bus once. You could tell a few people were clocking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I love Vogue Williams, she is beautiful.

if you like over sized horse faces then yes.

if you like over sized horse faces then yes.

one mans poison is another man's meat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I believe they're grown in vats under the castle in Disney World.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

What is the function of a celebrity? And why do people care about them so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

ranto_boy wrote: »
    I suppose in Ireland a Z-lister would be an actor from Fair City or the likes? I saw yer man Bella Doyle on the bus once. You could tell a few people were clocking him.
    My Ma never stops talking about the time she saw Twink in the Royal Dublin Hotel.

I don't even know who the a list celebrities are anymore..

What is the function of a celebrity? And why do people care about them so much?

That is a good question, I would say its escapism mostly I would look through the magazines in the hairdressers or doctors and thing they all look so shiney and happy but would have no real interested. I would not watch any reality TV, however lots love that sort of thing.

I don't even know who the a list celebrities are anymore..
    There are virtually none.

The internet star killed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Edgware wrote: »
    My Ma never stops talking about the time she saw Twink in the Royal Dublin Hotel.

who, where??

Advertisement