Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Do we think we will get much up in Laois or do you think it'll be mostly confined to munster regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

see rte re red warning..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0426/1045766-weather-storm

and only just seen the marine orange that will affect coastal areas badly

Gale Warning
    Status Orange - Gale Warning
    Cyclonic variable winds will increase to gale force 8 or strong gale force 9 on Irish Coastal Waters from Howth Head to Mizen Head to Rossan Point and on the south Irish Sea during Friday afternoon and evening, reaching storm force 10 between Carnsore Point and Mizen Head and occasional violent storm force 11 between Mizen Head and Slyne Head.

Issued: Friday 26 April 2019 05:00

a definite OUCH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Weather warnings active for almost all of the 26 counties but Dublin completely fine, luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think this one could be heading for the Premiership!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is looking serious folks! Batten down the hatches!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    This is looking serious folks! Batten down the hatches!

I wonder will they take down all the equipment at Funderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

She's winding up on the satellite www.sat24.com
    No expert but is she a little more north than expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

GFS on the 00z run are showing top gusts of only 100kmh are slightly above for about 10pm tonight. The worst of the winds are towards the south west of the country Cork, Kerry and Limerick. Source. netweather.tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

RTÉ are basically saying expect an upgrade in the warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Beware flying political posters!

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »

Have to admit I don; t think i have ever seen the words "violent storm" in a local forecast before out here. Breaking new ground! :eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jvan wrote: »
    Bar the obvious danger element I've always thought it be great to be on top of a mountain during a storm. Just to observe and feel the sheer power and rawness of nature.

I'll let you know what it's like in a few hours.
    Furniture back in the shed and trampoline wedged between a hedge and a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Villain wrote: »

What was the eagle thinking yesterday?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

At this stage could it shift further north and have more of an effect on Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Manitoban wrote: »
    At this stage could it shift further north and have more of an effect on Louth?

As the charts are showing upgrade after upgrade run by run I'd nearly love to see it shift away from cork at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

I wonder will they take down all the equipment at Funderland?

Yea I was thinking the same. Meant to be going there Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

aisling86 wrote: »
    As the charts are showing upgrade after upgrade run by run I'd nearly love to see it shift away from cork at this stage!

That’s just it, plus storms usually shift north. Have a garden full of things that will need moved into the shed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM 0Z tracking more N than previous runs. Bringing stronger winds inland . Main areas of strongest most severe and damaging winds are Kerry, Clare and W Cork but could also see some very strong gusts running across the country when the winds veer to the NW later.

Met Eireann said they will be reviewing its warning level RTE NEWS : 'Met Éireann has said it will be reviewing its warning level for Storm Hannah and may have to issue a more severe alert than the Status Orange warning currently in place for Munster.

Storm Hannah is making its way across the Atlantic and is expected to hit southwest coast of the country this afternoon with winds gusting as high as 130km/h.

Met Éireann has warned people in Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick to be prepared for "possible disruption and power outages".

A Status Orange wind warning in those counties will come into effect at 4pm.

In addition, Met Éireann has issued a Status Orange wind warning for Tipperary and Waterford from 10pm tonight until 2am tomorrow, with gusts expected of up to 120km/h for a time tonight.'

QeubD0g.png

WaAgC1Q.png

9hXnbgB.png

TzzMxQb.png

YuEYCtM.png

i5U4mkP.png

yQBFrSP.png

ecse30u.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

In finer detail.

wSNCpri.png

Dq7Z17Y.png

3vTe4hu.png

MsfUtjd.png

ajaBxcS.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

on the radio right now, says this could be upgraded to red from four o clock today

ICON Flash Hi Res 30hr model. Keeping an eye on this one to see how accurate it is. ICON known to over do it a bit but even if you took off 5-10 km/h it is still very severe.

IqQFPRh.gif

8q59nxa.png

Tal9X7o.png

C6mCaq9.png

Fnf6O5U.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys I know the sea area forecast differs but wondering how they say winds up to storm force 10 off the South Coast and gusting up to violent storm force 11 as far as Slyne Head, would that not put the West in a different warning as it moves closer to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Guys I know the sea area forecast differs but wondering how they say winds up to storm force 10 off the South Coast and gusting up to violent storm force 11 as far as Slyne Head, would that not put the West in a different warning as it moves closer to land.

I thought that you would know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'm genuinely surprised that this hasn't downgraded. I woke up expecting a downgrade since that's how things work out usually. Stay safe everyone down south!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I am bricking it now, down on the south west coast, cliffs nearby, hoping to come out intact, lost a lot of roof a few yrs ago in a storm, it felt like the house was caving in around me,

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

Im in North Cork and have put everything in as Ophelia really hit us bad the last time. Hopefully wont have to fire up the generator, only possitive thing if we lose power is that its bright until late in the evening and its not cold so we can cope ok if the power goes out .
    Few lovely big trees out the back, hope they stay standing

Storm 10 wrote: »

People here sometimes think that sea area means the gales stop at the coastline.

That marine forecast I posted a while ago is already orange and affects coastal waters and thus coastal areas.

Even when I was living near the coast rather than now out here i took heed of the marine forecasts

Not sure that answers your query! No exact demarcations exist. If you are near that coast, orange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Have we ever had storms of the force expected today before in the month of April? I certainly don't recall any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

How are we looking in Dublin?

Advertisement