Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Severe Winds this Evening/Overnight gusting to 130km/hr in parts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Helicopter in the air now here, hope nothings gone wrong.

Helicopter went in the direction of the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Flights (to Dublin) looking like they're getting diverted... flight from Birmingham made it almost all the way across the Irish Sea and is now heading back towards Liverpool, another on its way to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

eastmayo wrote: »
    Hows the wind at dublin airport.seems to be good few flights holding.

looks like there will be a good few diversions in the next hour or two. Already a few gone to shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Conditions outside are utterly foul and I'm not in the least bit surprised that flights are being diverted. Wind sheer would be lethal....

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ya looks like shannon will be busy.flights from cork going to shannon as well.

• Advertisement

EIN179 just flew over the Airport, thought it was going in for a landing but has past it, wonder where it is off to!

EIN179 just flew over the Airport, thought it was going in for a landing but has past it, wonder where it is off to!

He's at 20,000 feet so he has no intentions of landing at EIDW. My guess would be that due to the traffic on its way to shannon he'll bank left shortly and head to EINN, Even though recent reports show gusts of 50kts at shannon

Looks like EIN179 has a preference for Belfast over Shannon!

Around 6 planes now circling in the Irish sea awaiting instructions.

airman737 wrote: »
    He's at 20,000 feet so he has no intentions of landing at EIDW. My guess would be that due to the traffic on its way to shannon he'll bank left shortly and head to EINN, Even though recent reports show gusts of 50kts at shannon

Looking at FR24, EIN65T looks like he's diverting to aldergrove, also looks like 179 is on his way to aldergrove also.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

I would say belfast

• Advertisement

Looks like EIN639 has had enough of circling and is heading to the UK, maybe Liverpool Airport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Looking at DAA arrivals site, the last confirmed landing was 90 mins ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

Very windy in Cork also. My sky is not liking it. Was out in car and blown around a lot - few trees down

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Just had a complete blackout in our town for about 45 mins . It was very spooky driving through was seemed like a ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

I was expecting peak winds from around 10pm ot 11pm onwards but it seems winds are decreasing here in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm trying to finish off an assignment, and have another 4 or 5 pages to go. slightly worried in case my electricity goes off. so saving every 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was cycling home in this in cork at 5pm, the gusts were the strongest i have felt while cycling , at they seemed to be coming from all directions.
    It was a bit of a work out cycling home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some very strong gusts here now with station recording 58KMH winds

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Getting worse here at Cork airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I was supposed to land in Dublin airport an hour ago... We circled for ages and have just landed in Shannon. Apparently Fublin and Cork airports are closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Take care on the roads. Just drove from Tinahealy to Kilcoole in County Wicklow. A lot of debris and a few trees on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

just heard on atc shannon now full, taking no more diversions, was around 10 planes circling at one stage,

just heard on atc shannon now full, taking no more diversions, was around 10 planes circling at one stage,

Ryanair 557 attempting to land now at dublin. Glued toFR24

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

2 planes just landed in Cork. Very rocky landing over my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Balls.

currently in the UK at a funeral and ferry back tomorrow has been cancelled..... will I fight my way home to Clare and find me house blown away ???

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

probably the worst night i've had here all winter, still blowin' like the bejaysus!!!!!!!!!!! not sure of windspeed yet apparently a 96km gust earlier for waterford airport but not sure. any deise boys or girls got any more accurate info??????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In Balbriggan and the gusts are amazing. Our house is timber framed and the amount of creaking coming from the roof/walls is quite unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

1 plane landed, they seemed to have up waiting to land in dublin, remaining flights heading for prestwick as shannon and aldergrove are now full

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maulikdesai1

Ahh the winds are deadly here in dublin 1, just near I.F.S.C.. Banging on the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Balls.

currently in the UK at a funeral and ferry back tomorrow has been cancelled..... will I fight my way home to Clare and find me house blown away ???

Holding out here in North Clare,house creaking but safe enough :)

Small Branches all over the roads though :S

Advertisement