Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

it appears they opened it at 8am this morning instead man is all i know i booked on there site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

It opened at one minute past midnight this morning.

This was a mistake on our part as the system only recognised the booking date and did not take in to consideration the time of day.

So we will honour the bookings that have already been made today but the system is now closed until 8pm tonight to make it fair for all those that were not intending to try booking until this evening.

Meanwhile, if you have already booked then thank you very much for you booking and I look forward to seeing you in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

9 Rats & 6 Merc's Booked in Today, Bus & Ferry Sorted aswell:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Puding wrote: »
    is there some secret behind the scenes way you guys are doing this :)

i though it was 8pm this evening they became available and when i try and go in you get 'Tickets for this event are not available until the 2000hrs on Friday 7th January.'

i imagine ian could have had a slip up with the times

It would appear that some of us, me included have nothing better to do except sit in front of thier PC, pressing 'refresh' until the booking page opens.. :D:D:D

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Yea I got a panicked message from a friend saying that it opened at 8am but he still managed to book us in so there's now 5 of us going!! :D
    Roll on April!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

coys wrote: »
    Yea I got a panicked message from a friend saying that it opened at 8am but he still managed to book us in so there's now 5 of us going!! :D
    Roll on April!! :D

I wonder who sent him that message ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Come on ... come on ... move clock, move

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Come on ... come on ... move clock, move

Not long to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

It's open - just booked. Great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Come on The CDF. Booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

And I'm booked.

I'll probably be driving over on the ferry, will have room for 2 if anyone wants a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

kdouglas wrote: »
    And I'm booked.

I'll probably be driving over on the ferry, will have room for 2 if anyone wants a lift.

Are you planning on arriving at a respectable hour this time :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

All sorted , Red Badger - Chedaki

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

badger badger badgerbadgerbadgerbadger ... baddddgerrrrrrrrr

Red bager!

Needless to say, both FireKitten & I are booked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey booked in... now anyone else traveling from this side of the country , Bus-car-horse ?? ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

CplCummins, Flashinbluelite, KnifeySpooney Mark F and myself all booked also.

If it's half as good as Pts 1 and 2, it will be awesome.:D

CDF (multisham again)

Couple of mega vids made by Basho to bring back memories and nightmares

Roll on April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not as good as the basho videos but my effort of the first day of cc2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

5 booked in on the Chedaki side. Now to start looking at new gear and estimate my pyro to pocket ratio... :pac:

Are you planning on arriving at a respectable hour this time :D

That was a respectable hour! All depends on your definition of respectable. :)

markomongo wrote: »
    5 booked in on the Chedaki side. Now to start looking at new gear and estimate my pyro to pocket ratio... :pac:

I'm looking forward to saving a fortune with my BFG; after the first 60 uses, I've paid off the initial outlay and each use after that is around 9p :D

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to saving a fortune with my BFG; after the first 60 uses, I've paid off the initial outlay and each use after that is around 9p :D

One of those bad boys got handed to me at CC1. I pulled the pin and went to throw it immediately, went off beside my ear... I am forever scarred physically and emotionally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭moggser

RATTLE BOX im in

im gone green for this one and looking forward to it put them multishammer's out the misery

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ironman Collie

Booked!

Can't wait, if The Mall was anything to go by this is going to be F*@king epic.

Two conditions:

1. Paddy Rat keeps his clothes on this time, that sight of him in his undies still haunts me, but my counsellor says I am recovering well!!!!!!!!!!

2. Eric, better bring Barbara Streisand with you!!!!

Bring on the Pyro.

Leathernecks, Hoorah!

Our video contribution...mostly from CC2, some photos from CC1 and training...

Any driver's looked at ferry times for this yet?

Just looking at ferry times now, I think below are probably the best options for me personally, makes it a 3 day weekend in total with return not too late Sunday night. (Oh and a fairly early start on Friday morning)

Stena Line;
    Outward
    Rosslare-Fishguard
    Fri 8 Apr 2011
    Dep. 09:00 Arr. 12:30

Return
    Holyhead (T5) - Dublin Port (T2)
    Sun 10 Apr 2011
    Dep. 20:30 Arr. 23:45

Edit;

Actually, Outbound on Irish ferries might work better;
    Dublin City - Holyhead Fri 08 Apr 11 - Dep. 08.45 Arr 10.45

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

23 in the ASI group booking. Plus another 8 booked from FRV Airsoft. So that's 31 total from NI. All Chedaki. See you on the beach! :D

ASI Casper wrote: »
    23 in the ASI group booking. Plus another 8 booked from FRV Airsoft. So that's 31 total from NI. All Chedaki. See you on the beach! :D

Make sure Kyle has his 'tache shaved. I'm still receiving therapy from the last time :p

markomongo wrote: »
    One of those bad boys got handed to me at CC1. I pulled the pin and went to throw it immediately, went off beside my ear... I am forever scarred physically and emotionally!

I need to have the fuse on mine extended to something a little slower than 0.5 seconds. It has its application but when one goes off in your hand, it's a little close for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Booked Booked Bookety Booked.....im there ....LEATHERNECKS ON TOUR ...ORRAH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

I want to personally thank you all for the massive response.

NAPA is going slower than extended, but the Chedaki and CDF forces were sold out before 9pm and I have had to open up more tickets to handle the demand.

So the event is now open to a totally of 300 players. But it won't be extended beyond the 300 mark though.

Thank you once again.

Ian

Advertisement