Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Puding wrote: »
    we got the latter one at pr3 had a few hours to kill before the early ferry monday morning, managed to find a small cinema and watched some strange movie in the end

We're actually thinking of getting the 8PM holyhead->dublin one now, leaves loads of time for taking it easy going back.

The Hawks are doing our organising on our forum -- http://forum.hawksairsoft.com/viewforum.php?f=36

Everyone is very welcome to register and use that forum to coordinate the epic-sized convoy, and ask questions of veterans and generally hook up with a larger group.

Stone.cold wrote: »
    F**k the ceasefire whats the pie like over there?

3 maybe 4 of us thinkin about going over, I'm not happy i cant be on the marines side so it will be u.s woodland & M16's on russians :D

Can't wait to play over there with yis, hop on the forum and get on the convoy :-)

The pies are epic, the nice chip-van lady usually whips up something special like chili as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

If that burger van is there I will be happy. Farkin gorgeous breakfast rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The only break i took at the Uprising was a 20 min burger break.

Thanks to burgers and two boxes of nature valley bars, i managed to go for the 26 hours.

Definately doing it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Looking forward to popping my cherry on this event. Pick-Up has space for 2 more and loads of gear. Leaving from Dublin. Would like to get some more Milsim games under my belt so if anyone needs to make up numbers give me shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

No ferry convoys for me anymore. W000! Just hop in the car & drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might be an idea to start making a list of confirmed numbers to see the feasability on an all irish platoon or something similar.

I've got the following from the Hawks website ( where alot of informaiton is being trafficed)

Fayer
    gerrout
    Jack
    Masada
    moggser
    Niall
    TheDOC
    Tommyboy
    DrPepper
    DefenderDude
    Scanlant
    Dobby
    Biohazard
    Tiger1
    Tiger2
    Tiger3
    Tiger4
    Cpl Cummin

Damien also mentioned a number of reapers are interested etc.

I know alot of Tigers are interested.

So if we can consolidate numbers we can see what we are working with, and then work on erecting the command structure to suit all etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

TheDoc wrote: »
    Fayer
    gerrout
    Jack
    Masada
    moggser
    Niall
    TheDOC
    Tommyboy
    DrPepper
    DefenderDude
    Scanlant
    Dobby

Cpl.Cummins/Niel
    Biohazard/Richie,

(I think dice/spetzcong too but i havent seen him in a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Is it strictly Irish, or can a british person living in Ireland join this platoon? :)

• Advertisement

lol., dont be silly, this isn't really an "Irish" platoon, its an Irish based one, so it makes no difference were your from., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Just making sure :) count me in then.

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Fireborn wrote: »
    Just making sure :) count me in then.

Sam
    Me and puding are along for the ride too... Comusoft all the way :)

Looks like I get to play tag the hawk with my darling Eliana.... Duck and weave Doc honeybun... duck and weave... :)

Wonder if I can collect the set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I know alot of Tigers are interested.

add me to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

As previosly mention me and Paul will be going along with my father and as far as I'm aware one more from cork, looks like use fire kitten and lemming will be forming themed little group to go along with the background

been in contact with some of the just in the uk who we have played with before looks like there Weill be a strong themed presence

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firekitten wrote: »
    Me and puding are along for the ride too... Comusoft all the way :)

Looks like I get to play tag the hawk with my darling Eliana.... Duck and weave Doc honeybun... duck and weave... :)

Wonder if I can collect the set?

Its kinda funny, cause you never played against me before, and you are literally in for a major shock.

This is going to be the biggest ego battle in history...and I dont like to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

lads looking forward to this will be my first event like this cant wait :D:):D:D:D:)

roryk1 wrote: »
    lads looking forward to this will be my first event like this cant wait :D:):D:D:D:)

Prepare to have your image of airsoft completely changed for the better., :)

The site is so good, it'll reinvent the game for ya.,

see ya there man.,:)

Its kinda funny, cause you never played against me before, and you are literally in for a major shock.

Nah, but i remember the me vs you banter in IRC way back in the day...

But conversely, Mr Daniel, you have never played against me before....

Major shock?

Prepare for the arrival of General Asswhuping honey ;)

This is going to be the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny... but like, irl. :)

Masada wrote: »

The site is so good, it'll reinvent the game for ya.,

Actually i dont like it that much, its ok, but its a bit basic... Catterick, now if you guys tried Winney Hill Obua village you'd literally cream yourselves... Its a typical english village, with a railway line, carriages, bridge, 5 storey office block, hotel, village green, and streets of hedge rowed houses.... its real obua, and its a real slaughter.

Richie: http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm365/rosefern_album/CatterickRangeCard.jpg That... is an airsoft site. no seriously... it is, and only a third of it too. :)

I might be missing somthing but if your going on the "green team" as you seem to has condensed the Russian team down to you will be playing on the same side :rolleyes:

I think Masada was meaning compared to the republic , there are a lot of sites in the uk that put sennybridge in the shade but if you have only played in the republic before then sennybridge would knock that out of the water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jayus,that site looks great fk,anyway just can anyone tell me the total cost for this trip,looks like its gonna be a major buzz,low on funds.but if i know the total cost......i can rob a bank:D(pay back for them robbin us all these years!:D;):p)just be good to know the info,thanks ladies an gents..
    (also only have multicam gear :( will i need to get some other camo,more cost,and midcaps?)
    besides that this sounds like the best(legal) buzz in a long time

Puding wrote: »
    I might be missing somthing but if your going on the "green team" as you seem to has condensed the Russian team down to you will be playing on the same side :rolleyes:

I think Masada was meaning compared to the republic , there are a lot of sites in the uk that put sennybridge in the shade but if you have only played in the republic before then sennybridge would knock that out of the water
    True, good point...

Long Live Lightfighter Urban.... the home of fibua airsoft. Never has, and never will there be another that inspires such fear, dread, and terror... than the shower block game... Surely you heard of that pud :) People still have PTSD from that one...

Or riding around the site on an fv432 APC, assaulting a building from the top of the apc, bennyhillshow running around behind it, crushing cars, riding on jeep sideboards into assaults... fast roping down the command block.

Three words... Flash as fook...

(its a yorkshire thing)

Costwise deco nate... plan on saving up. This one, and any senny weekender, isnt cheap.

As for the Russian side... god damn puding! ruined my fun :D. Ah well, the sniper kitty can still hunt her feable prey... Airsoftcus Competicus in its natural environment.

yea,i know its gonna cost,just like to know ballpark figure,600,800.(plus spending money for bits an bobs)i would be drivin myself,so if anyone has it all booked can ya tell me the cost,and mid caps only?,plus only have multicam,so would i need new camo?(more bloody money:rolleyes:)
    thanks
    (even the total cost from last year will help me a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

its looking like around 250e for the weekend thats game fee and transport,and your food if your not going the ration route
    if you look back dave posted a link to the hawks forum with more info

some info here from PR3 last year

http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

hawks forum
    http://forum.hawksairsoft.com/viewforum.php?f=36

thanks gat,damit i tried to reg on the hawks forum,got it wrong a few times now it wont load for me,ill try it later,again thanks for the links gatling(IM a lkazy sod,looked thru posts but didnt see the link)
    cheers bud
    deco

from cork i think it was about 400 in total including game fee ferry travel cost, food, and a healthy budgets for pyros :) will be trying to cut this down a little as with berget 2 weeks after the bank balance will more than likely already be low :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Assuming of course you manage to get your lazy arse out of bed on the day. We're all sitting in Ballinalack waiting for ya.......

thanks for that puding,one more thing,sorry bout the q an a.but i only have multicam,will i need new camo,saw on hawks forum they were gonna have a word an see whats what?(think they want the guys runnin it to wear other camo,which would suit me fine)sorry for bein a pain in the a...

I can tell you now, straight off the bat, that the organisers TA events will NOT change the camouflage rules on any one teams request.

What reason is there to change it? really? you want to wear multiam?

fair fecks, but sometimes use something else for this one if you want to go, cant have the whole event tailored to you and ian will laugh if you try...

You're not telling me all you own is multicam....

• Advertisement

ah,i may have jumped the gun(ie,misread it)think they are just lookin to clear some stuff up.
    sorry,most of the hawks have other camo,think they are askin cause lots of other irish lads dont have lots of dirffent camo.
    my bad
    (yes,all I have is multicam :( )
    also i have NO links to the hawks whatsoever

Advertisement