Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone have a way to contact fastway, their "contact us" page seems to bring you round in a loop. Have something that I am getting less hopeful they will deliver as it has been sitting in their Dublin Depot for a week now. At this point I will collect from them but I can't get in contact to do so. Their phone number says use online, their contact us loops you round to a page saying where they are located, most of their "online service " options lead to a dead page.

There's an instant message service that pops up when you visit the 'contract us' page. If you leave a message on it they'll get back to you in a few hours. I stumbled on it trying to find a number for the local depot (which doesn't seem to exist). I was using a laptop when it popped up. I'm after going on to it with my tablet and can't find it though. So maybe just use the desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ah no. I ordered a helmet and pair of over shorts this morning. They’re Santa presents from the Mrs to me - thought it’d be handier than sending her to a brick and mortar shop. Sounds like I’ll be doing well to have them this side of Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I'm waiting on a protein delivery from fastway. Looks stuck since 14th in depot. I have contacted fastway using the popup. If I get a response great, if not I'll be going back through myprotein and if no joy there paypal.

I've prodded at least twice through paypal over the years when I've been otherwise ignored and it has resulted in a quick resolution. Its the "revenue" of the online world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

themighty wrote: »
    There's an instant message service that pops up when you visit the 'contract us' page. If you leave a message on it they'll get back to you in a few hours. I stumbled on it trying to find a number for the local depot (which doesn't seem to exist). I was using a laptop when it popped up. I'm after going on to it with my tablet and can't find it though. So maybe just use the desktop site.

Doesn't seem to pop up for me unfortunately, they have a support pop up which does nothing more than direct me round the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Doesn't seem to pop up for me unfortunately, they have a support pop up which does nothing more than direct me round the site.

That are a disaster, I would not be surprised if they disabled the f*cking thing for Christmas. I'll take another look and see if I can find it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭koutoubia

koutoubia wrote: »
    Ordered a new light this time last week and still havent recieved it.
    fastway tracking showing 'out for delivery but has encountered operational issues'
    Really the one thing crc have/had going for them was the quick turnaround.

My stuff finally arrived last night.
    If it hadnt arrived yesterday I was gonna get a paypal resolution thing going.

I know its xmas but wont be using crc again if there is an alternative.

Anyone turned up at the depot to get stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

We took Fastway on as our delivery company a few years back and fired them less than two weeks later. Driver left a €200 tablet behind an empty tin of paint at the front door. It was quite obvious what it was. This was the same driver who knew we were customers... We dropped them that day.

DPD drivers have confirmed delivery and then admitted it's still in their van. They've "hidden" cardboard boxes behind my car (which I rarely used), but left no note explaining this. I found the box a month later destroyed by rain. Another verbally abused me on the phone.

DHL are ok, but still issues, worst was when the confirmed delivery of a package to Germany and had receiver's signature, but turned out he was at a funeral in Poland 300 miles away, so that cost us a fortune.

GLS would "forget" to collect our packages. Their drivers refuse to use eircodes, so we can only use them for city deliveries. When I worked in bike shop, bikes sent out to customers would disappear for days.

UPS, very slow, miss their deadlines repeatedly.

An Post, a little more expensive but never an issue. Seriously, I can't fault them. Well, their claims department take their time and the offers are awful, but still better than the rest.

As an example, and I can be corrected on this, the German and British postal service went to pot after privatisation. I'd worry An Post would meet same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Macer123

I placed an order Monday 16th AM from CRC, just delivered now Thursday 19th AM by Fastway. Very happy with that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

themighty wrote: »

I used that message option and left two messages earlier this week. They say they will reply within 24 hours. They still haven’t replied 72 hours later for me. I also messaged them on Facebook - no reply there either.

Anyway, my package was delivered yesterday two weeks after being ordered and 8 days after being received by fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

An Post, a little more expensive but never an issue. Seriously, I can't fault them. Well, their claims department take their time and the offers are awful, but still better than the rest.

As an example, and I can be corrected on this, the German and British postal service went to pot after privatisation. I'd worry An Post would meet same fate.
    100% agree. Never had an issue with An Post (and not just when it's the regular postie, also their delivery service). I actually try to pick them, even if it is more expensive, when I have the option. Unfortunately, I don't think if you pick Royal Mail from the UK, they necessarily stay An Post here anymore.

I think eircodes have been great in general, but at least without them, the couriers had to phone for directions and I could at least tell them where to leave them.

Not CRC, but had a fastway delivery this week, which I was tracking - faked signature, packages just fecked into the front garden/ field. Luckily they were well sealed.

It can depend on the driver - I've actually met a few of the regular ones now, and have agreed where to leave stuff when there's no one home. I think this time of year they must have extra short term franchises who just don't give a f**k as they'll be gone by the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Ordered stuff off CRC this day last week. Got the dispatch email the next night with a Fastway tracking number. By today the parcel still wasn't showing up on their system. I went on to CRCs website and opened up a chat, told them their delivery was late and they immediately got on to FastWay and the parcel arrived within about 2 hours. Clearly it was just sitting in the depot going nowhere.

Credit to CRC for sorting it out quickly but it really shouldn't come to that. An Post delivery was one of their best selling points. I'll think twice about ordering from them again.

Of course when the parcel did finally arrive today it was left in my porch before I even had time to get down the stairs and to the front door. I definitely won't be ordering anything expensive off them!

I went to CRC and they said to come back in a few days. I'm just gonna go to the depot this evening. I'll drop CRC an email to say I won't be using them anymore, won't make any difference but well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I went to CRC and they said to come back in a few days. I'm just gonna go to the depot this evening. I'll drop CRC an email to say I won't be using them anymore, won't make any difference but well.

I think it will tbh. Anybody who has had issues should really contact CRC. ROI must be one of their biggest market and to see so many people dropping them would surely be worrying for them.

I’d see CRC as being “one of our own” and I’d really like to be in a position to support them. Brexit will hit them hard enough as regards ROI, losing customers due to something that IS in their control would be crazy. We just need to make them aware of it and give them the opportunity to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

An Post would get CRC packages via Royal Mail (Parcelforce). I wonder have Royal Mail lost what was a massive international shipping contract. (in their top 10). Hopefully An Post can get this back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Spent €50 on phone calls when they delivered a bridesmaid dress to a random house in an estate next to the place it was supposed to be delivered and at that stage still hadn’t been able to talk to a human and the answering machine then hung up on me.

Item dispatched form CRC yesterday morning and still not a single scan on the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I see sportsdirect advertising next day delivery in the UK through to next Monday. They use fastway in Ireland - I’m sure they have no idea how long it takes their goods to arrive here.

Best option for all of these UK companies is to use a parcel motel address. Nightline are very reliable, no matter what time of year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Cycle Superstore are using Fastaway now too.
    I ordered stuff, no tracking info, not on their site. A week and a half goes by.
    I come home one Monday, 6.30pm (nothing there when I got home at 4.30), box sitting at my door.
    My door opens right out onto the street, which is a way to a public park.
    Faked signature, and spelled my name wrong on it too :rolleyes:

It showed up on their tracking for the first time 2 hours after that. I'll never order from them or CRC/Wiggle again. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I ordered from CRC and order was dispatched from there two days ago, as yet no tracking details on fastway website.

Seeing as they fake so many signatures I'm surprised they're not getting more people saying their package wasn't delivered even when it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Urgently needed chamois cream ordered via CRC... Guess it may be a sore Xmas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭koutoubia

dahat wrote: »
    Urgently needed chamois cream ordered via CRC... Guess it may be a sore Xmas!!!

:o

Maybe someone should link CRC this thread.
    Save all of us having to email seperatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ordered 2 days ago and no email yet. It’s a shame - they used to be on the ball with an post. Order in the morning and you were nearly guaranteed one to twodays delivery.

Seperate emails would be better, but link to the thread. Queue of 40 people when I arrived today, and another 40 behind, many had ordered in November from CRC, Littlewoods and a few random UK company. Most had received things from Fastway in the past but very few were positive reviews. I felt bad for the people.on the front desk although everyone was very polite and no one got annoyed. One person had been there three times, item keeps getting rescanned but no one can find it when she is there.

The issue is a logistical one and it's quite clear they were basically a small operation that changed nothing as they expanded rapidly. One decent manager with free reign could do wonders with the place in a very short space of time. They have no stocking or sorting system.

Workers were polite and doing their best but I felt bad as there was no system to work too, and other than they had a scanner, there was no rhyme or reason to anything.

Claimed my bike was not shipped as there was no space in the van, I didn't see any point in going through what was wrong with the statement, so I just said thanks and went back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Still no details of my package or when it will be delivered.

Contacted CRC who said it'll show on the courier service when in transit.

Replied that it was dispatched from CRC 3 days ago and still cannot track, that I understood the issue is with the courier company so if they could confirm how long they planned to use said courier company so at least I would know how long to refrain from purchasing from CRC and find another vendor.

Also mentioned I'm not in a rush for the package but hate to think I'll not have to hunt for details on where my package is. It wasn't particularly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭djbproductions

I had a parcel that showed sent from CRC however a few days later Fastway updated that there was a problem with the address and to contact them. As the only way to get in touch was via online form I tried that and informed CRC too. Parcel on its way back to CRC and they will open the box, put items back online and give me a refund. This is not ideal as I cannot re-order the same items since out of stock and when items offered back on web somebody else could snap them up. Not the first time this has happened so very annoyed with Fastway and CRC couldnt help.

I will avoid any online store that uses Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Contact CRC via Twitter, far quicker response times to queries TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Ordered on 12th of December. Was left on the doorstep on the 30th of December. Never updated on tracking. I sent an email to CRC on the 26th so funny it turned up 3days later. Fastway have always caused problems for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone know if things have improved any with CRC? And/ or if Wiggle also use Fastway (I'm assuming, yes, as same company, but you never know...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'd a delivery to the office last week from CRC and it was fine, 3 days from order to delivery.
    I'm guessing though that it's more dependable when delivered to a business address as the risk of multiple attempted deliveries isn't really there (bearing in mind the model of driver being paid a fixed amount per delivery).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I'd a delivery to the office last week from CRC and it was fine, 3 days from order to delivery.
    I'm guessing though that it's more dependable when delivered to a business address as the risk of multiple attempted deliveries isn't really there (bearing in mind the model of driver being paid a fixed amount per delivery).

I ordered this morning and always get delivered to work. As you say if there are a lot of goodies to be dropped off at the same time, there is less likelihood of a courier letting goods build up before doing a run. Will report back on time taken, its all small stuff like cables this time

Advertisement