Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CRC deliveries

• 08-11-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else received a CRC delivery this week? Mine came from a courier company opposed to AnPost and after all the back & forward I had to pick the package directly from the Dublin depot.

CRC & AnPost combo worked perfectly well for me since 2014, hopefully its only a glitch.

Anyone else in the same scenario?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Mine was delivered to work this week and I dont have the packaging now so I not sure how it was delivered. I did get the "Your order has now been fully dispatched" email a few days after I had received it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

An post delivered mine 2 weeks ago anyway, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Same here, using fastway courier and taking longer alright. No hurry though so hopefully next week!
    Has anyone else received a CRC delivery this week? Mine came from a courier company opposed to AnPost and after all the back & forward I had to pick the package directly from the Dublin depot.

CRC & AnPost combo worked perfectly well for me since 2014, hopefully its only a glitch.

Anyone else in the same scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

That's the one alright- Like clockwork I received my package 3/4 days from order, with Fastway, today was day 6 and i still haven't received and the note on the tracker system was to contact the courier. I ended up heading to Ballymount to try lift it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Fastaway are utterly shyte in my experience. They must be under huge pressure and paid **** all.
    An post were excellent.
    No more crc for me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

They use to get a lot of business based on the easy return mechanism and quick delivery. People often didn't mind paying a little extra in those circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Somali postal service would be more likely to get it to you than Fastway. Any retailer who uses them I stop shopping with.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Got something from wiggle today and it was fastway unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Strange I ordered on Sunday pm and had the fastway delivered on Tue when I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Ordered early on Wednesday, delivered today by Fastway, so no complaints here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ordered monday, no sign of anything except an email saying fastway havent scanned it yet

Gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Fastway are an absolute joke. Westbrook cycles use them too. Was waiting for an under bottom bracket cable guide to complete a bike to bring on holidays last year and it went missing after being loaded onto a van and out for delivery. Waited all day and it never arrived. A week later, as I was leaving for the ferry the driver arrived with the package. Very annoying.

I’m waiting for another Fastway delivery now from chain reaction cycles. Ordered on Tuesday this week. The AnPost delivery service was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Same here, using fastway courier and taking longer alright. No hurry though so hopefully next week!

Dispatched Tuesday and delivered Friday evening so only 1 day more than an post. That's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Its a pity they moved to Fastway. CRC sent a pressure washer on the 1st which Fastway are showing as in their SouthWest depot since the 5th. No reply from Fastway email and advertised depot number is disconnected. All CRC will do is email courier to contact me. Doing a paypal claim next week and switching to DeporVillage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have always been a fan of CRC's An Post delivery, however, I ordered couple of things from CRC on Monday am. I tracked delivery and was informed that it was to be delivered today. Nobody was going to be home this morning so I emailed Fastway, asking them to throw the package over my side gate. They did just that.
    In summary: ordered Monday- delivered Thursday, and emailed instruction acted upon.
    No complaints from me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭G1032

Ordered Sunday. Dispatched Monday. Delivered today with Fastway. That would been delivered on Tuesday with An Post.
    Also the spend required to get "free postage" has crept up from €9 to €19 to €25....
    So we're having to spend more than ever with CRC for a service that's getting slower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^
    you're right, probably a day slower.
    I hadn't realised the free postage had gone up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,263 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Nobody was going to be home this morning so I emailed Fastway, asking them to throw the package over my side gate. They did just that.
    In my experience, this is what Fastway do all the time.

It'll put me further off CRC (on top of the currency rip off) if it's no longer An Post or a decent delivery company tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rockymurf

A definite drop off in service with Fastway. Took 12 days and a few emails for me to receive my CX tyres this week. Will be slow using them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

For anything that I think won't fit in the letterbox I always use Collect+ these days.
    So handy to pickup on way home from work at a local shop than do the courier chase process. Really hate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ordered a new light this time last week and still havent recieved it.
    fastway tracking showing 'out for delivery but has encountered operational issues'
    Really the one thing crc have/had going for them was the quick turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I’ve had a package with fastway couriers for the last three days - every day the status updates to:

“Your parcel has been recieved into your local depot and schedule for delivery”...

No idea as to when they might deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

I got some stuff delivered from them last week. Took about 8 days to get to me. Tracking said they'd made an attempt to drop off but there'd been no one home and that the package was back at the depot. I'd been there all day.

Basically if they don't have a phone number for you they won't even bother attempting to drop it off. They have a messaging service for customer service, gave them my number and they dropped it off the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

The HUT Group: MyProtein, Probikekit and others use Fastway. I had a recent Myprotein and PBK delivery via Fastway with no bother - perhaps the driver is fairly local.

Appalling reviews on TrustPilot. Someone on Reddit said they are a franchise operation and anyone with a van and payment of 35 euro can sign up to be a delivery driver.

Haven't ordered from Wiggle/CRC/Bike24 for a while, and suggestions here that they have switched over from An Post to Fastway are a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

I had a CRC delivery a couple of weeks ago that was loaded in the Fastway van and out for delivery for almost a week (no attempted deliveries). That item was 10 days from order to delivery. Another was 9 days. No more CRC or Wiggle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Fastway is a franchise operation. Drivers are only paid for successful delivery. No matter how many times they bring it out, they only get paid once. If CRC have gone that way in Ireland they will suffer from poor delivery.
    Opposed to that, my most recent online purchase was from. Decathlon and delivered by An Post. Ordered and paid just after midnight after Black Friday. Package delivered on the following Monday 11am. Text received at 7am to say it was out for delivery. Superb from both Decathlon and An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

steve-o wrote: »
    I had a CRC delivery a couple of weeks ago that was loaded in the Fastway van and out for delivery for almost a week (no attempted deliveries). That item was 10 days from order to delivery. Another was 9 days. No more CRC or Wiggle for me.

Everyone that has a failed/late/damaged delivery from fastway should email crc to complain, if they get enough complaints they may change back to an post, if no one complains then as far as they are concerned there is no problem, send the email lads :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My last CRC thing was an post last month I'm sure. Might depend on size of order, volume of orders too. That said, I always get it delivered to work so there's always someone to sign

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

mamax wrote: »
    Everyone that has a failed/late/damaged delivery from fastway should email crc to complain, if they get enough complaints they may change back to an post, if no one complains then as far as they are concerned there is no problem, send the email lads :)

unlikely wiggle care, they are just going for the cheapest option, the amount of complaints they would get from ireland is probably miniscule compare dto there overall deliveries - but hey go for it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone have a way to contact fastway, their "contact us" page seems to bring you round in a loop. Have something that I am getting less hopeful they will deliver as it has been sitting in their Dublin Depot for a week now. At this point I will collect from them but I can't get in contact to do so. Their phone number says use online, their contact us loops you round to a page saying where they are located, most of their "online service " options lead to a dead page.

Advertisement