Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi: Secret Six Thursday 2 for 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Remember 3-4 euros per bottle of wine is tax\excise\VAT.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Remember 3-4 euros per bottle of wine is tax\excise\VAT.

4.68 to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Base price plus €3.20 per bottle excise plus VAT So total tax varies, excise duty is constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

still 2 bottles for 7.50 is pretty good
    think i had this stuff before and it was half decent, might pick some up on thursday if im passing a store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I put this up on the Booze thread a few minutes ago - a cashier in ALDI told me he heard a rumour that ALDI had some special on Prosecco on 22nd. This happens to be the day the Super Six promotion ends - wonder if this might mean a 2 for 1 (BOGOF) deal on Prosecco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It's guaranteed there is some alcohol promo. The t&c's refer to 'alcohol' and 'after 10:30am'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zell12 wrote: »
    It's guaranteed there is some alcohol promo. The t&c's refer to 'alcohol' and 'after 10:30am'

What terms and conditions ?

That could have referred to the gluhwein though, not necessarily Prosecco

vicwatson wrote: »
    That could have referred to the gluhwein though, not necessarily Prosecco
    I expect next Thurs to repeat last year

• Advertisement

Yes that's what dowtchaboy said

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112006460&postcount=105

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

16 bottles of Prosecco as they pass beside the Alka Seltzer, Gavison and Rennie on the shelf! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well a favourite here but not for me.

Prosecco €9.99 buy one get one free and according to the ad it's available on Friday from 10:30!

Prosecco €9.99 buy one get one free and according to the ad it's available on Friday from 10:30!

2 per customer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

2 per customer
    Is this the first time that it's 2 per customer?

I remember last year I think (possibly the year before) people wheeling 6-10 bottle out in their trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The sale of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

The sale of the century.

Only if you pay by card!!

Suckit wrote: »
    Is this the first time that it's 2 per customer?

I remember last year I think (possibly the year before) people wheeling 6-10 bottle out in their trolley.

I think so, whether its enforced or not is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

From Friday to Sunday this week it’s buy one get one free on bottles of prosecco in Aldi.

Bottles are €8.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Running it Friday to Sunday sounds ambitious, even if the 2 bottles per transaction is enforced customers will be going around and back for more. Cant see it lasting beyond Friday unless they are going to hold back stock for the other two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

LOL - I finally got one right! Well aprt fro the date - maybe the guy heard that it was "up to" the 22nd - if it really starts on Friday they will have to hold back and roll out 1/3rd of it each day - it will be gone in minutes!

( I happened to be in LIDL at 10.30 this morning and couldn't see any sign (literally) of the Tayto for €2. I asked the Polish chap stocking the shelves and he said they were gone by 8.30 - and jokingly that they had to mop up the blood from the aisle afterwards.)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,929 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Galaxy selection boxes €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Galaxy selection boxes €1.99

Where are you seeing that?

Centra or Eurospar have for €5

Where are you seeing that?

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Centra or Eurospar have for €5

Do you have a link to those offers?

Do you have a link to those offers?

Eurospar email had Prosecco 750ml for €5.99 special offer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in Aldi yesterday and overheard a store manager having an impromptu meeting with three staff in the aisles talking about the Prosecco offer like they were about to go into war :D
    Also heard him mention that they would be strict on the 2 per person limit

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

All gone in Swords by 10:30 am and they were strict about 2 bottles per customer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I was in Aldi this morning at about 10.00, and the atmosphere was so tense -there were loads of people patrolling the aisles with amost empty trollies, all eyeballing each other suspiciously :)

I mentioned the offer to the cashier when I was leaving and she looked really hunted and told me that it would only be put out at 10:30. I said I wasn't actually looking to get any, I'd just heard there was a bit of a rush on about it and she laughed and said she'd had people coming looking for it as soon as the shop opened at 9 and getting angry because they wouldn't be putting out until it could be sold.

Advertisement