Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No birth certificate

• 16-08-2018 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Can someone explain to me how the adoption agency can not find my birth mothers birth certificate. They have said they can not find it in the GRO. They have said that the social protection agency have an address but the adoption agency are not allowed it.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Is it possible she wasn't born in the Republic of Ireland? If she was from the North, her birth would be registered with GRONI.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Rosepetals85

That could be possible. Never thought of that. She comes from cork. She has 10 other siblings. I thought registering a birth was compuIsory. Just found it strange. I will be speaking to my social worker tomorrow, should I mention this possibility to her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Registering a birth is compulsory and certainly in the 20th century, you wouldn't expect to find many slipping through the cracks, but it's a possibility. If she lives in Cork now, that's no guarantee of where she was born.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

10 siblings, is an Irish thing, I come from a big family also, If you have her suname, she may have changed her name, but her brothers would still have the name, Do you know what part of cork she comes from, Cork is the biggest county , I hope you have louck

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Rosepetals85

Hi, since making this post. Cunamh sent a letter to her via social protection agency. She replied and came into talk to social worker. I have been in contact to her through letters. I met my brother that still lives with her twice already and text daily. Just trying to build up a bond with my birth Mam before meeting her. I only asked for my medical records in April and surprised how quick it all happened. Although I know that is not the case with everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Sounds great. Glad things didn't drag out for you. Wishing you all the best going forward.

Advertisement