Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Christmas be Celebrated by Muslims?

• 24-12-2016 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭

In the Muslim world how is Christmas going to be celebrated this year? Don't reckon they have the same practices that we in Europe or America have. St Nick coming down the chimney and holly being spread across the house. Christmas is not really a Christian only holiday nowadays and Christmas is still huge in parts of the Muslim world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

A lot of Muslim people have Christian friends and often will celebrate Christmas with them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've moved this from Christmas to the World religions forum.

Please read the charter and respect the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 inquisitive36

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    In the Muslim world how is Christmas going to be celebrated this year? Don't reckon they have the same practices that we in Europe or America have. St Nick coming down the chimney and holly being spread across the house. Christmas is not really a Christian only holiday nowadays and Christmas is still huge in parts of the Muslim world.

Christmas event differs in one Muslim country from another. For instance, in Arab countries where native Christian population exits (like Lebanon and Palestine), people celebrate Christmas and exchange greetings with Muslim Arabs, likewise Christian Arabs exchange greetings with the Muslims during Eids. In such country, there is an official holiday and the Head of State (who is Christian himself in the case of Lebanon) take part in the celebration. In the Arab Gulf countries (not Saudi Arabia yet) where the native population is 99.9% Muslim, because of the non-Muslim expats, you would see Christmas trees and decorations in big malls and hotels. Some big hotels also hold special events for Christmas Eve, but no holidays in these countries; the celebration is more of a commercial event that malls and hotels are taking advantage of.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭prishtinaboy99

Personally I will celebrate Christmas give gifts to my Christian family and friends. In the Quran respecting family is of utmost importance.

If I disrespect my family by not celebrating their Christmas I will cause them upset and this is not acceptable.

My first job is to respect family and friends no matter what is the occasion.

Advertisement