Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking/Offers for a new apiary site

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭victor8600

Hello all,
    I am looking for a temporary site to house a couple of hives until the autumn. There will be some local honey for your troubles :) Location wise: South/west of Dublin, North Wicklow, Kildare, Meath. Any questions, please PM me.
    Thank a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Hi, new beekeeper here and looking for a secure place to keep a beehive in North Dublin. I live in Whitehall, looking for somewhere between Drumcondra and Swords or that general area. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hi all.

I’ve 25 acres of forest and 30 acres of grass here in mid-County Waterford if anyone is interested in having a look.

We’re just off the main N25 between Dungarvan and Waterford, about 3 miles from Kilmacthomas and 1 mile from the Greenway.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

You are too far away for me to take advantage of this offer. But if nobody has approached you I'd recommend contacting your local branch of beekeepers.

Probably

Waterford Beekeepers' Association (irishbeekeepersassociation.com)

I have no doubt that someone would be more than happy to take up your very generous offer.

I am currently looking for an apiary site in Glanmire in cork.

I must still approach a few landowners, but farmers especially are very hesitant to allow others access to their land for whatever reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Insurance reasons.

That and diseases brought in, people leaving gates open, security, etc etc

Farmer and bee keeper .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭positron

Long chance but, I am looking to set up a small apiary somewhere near Drogheda. I am a full-time employed IT professional, looking to get into beekeeping because I love being out in the nature, and truly appreciate the significance of pollinators to the world etc. And also to get my small kids interested in what nature has to give. Honey would be a bonus! Please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I need to move my apiary of 10 beehives that currently reside in Dublin 15.

I'm happy to pay a farmer or land owner within 30 minutes driving distance of Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Bit of planning for next year.

Looking to split out my current apiary to somewhere around North Kerry.

Long shot as the thread isn't very active.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gjreddy
    Agricultural Magazine

We are planning to start a bee farm in India. The Indian government is encouraging beekeeping as pollination is decreasing. There are many subsidies available for starting this apiculture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭victor8600

• Advertisement
Advertisement