Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mexico sub going up!
    Just got an email so say sub is going up to MXN 229 (from MXN 199) on 26th April (€10.65)
    Couldn’t get Turkey to work despite trying for days so just left it as Mexico.
    Might have to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So does Turkey/Mexico have a good library then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So does Turkey/Mexico have a good library then ?

Nobody uses turkeys library we sign up there to save money then use normal Irish Netflix.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Nobody uses turkeys library we sign up there to save money then use normal Irish Netflix.

Be careful!
    Netflix has changed their policy there, I know cos I did use it for this reason,
    I signed up in Ireland and had access to the Irish library for ~6 months - using it from my home in Spain.

Only now I have been accessing it so long I have the Spanish lib. again.

It's not like it used to be where whereever you access it from you get instant access to that region catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Be careful! Netflix has changed their policy there, I know cos I did use it for this reason, I signed up in Ireland and had access to the Irish library for ~6 months - using it from my home in Spain.

Where did you get this from?

I have both US and Irish Netflix, depending on whichever I want at the time.

Have you a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Be careful!
    Netflix has changed their policy there, I know cos I did use it for this reason,
    I signed up in Ireland and had access to the Irish library for ~6 months - using it from my home in Spain.

It's not like it used to be where whereever you access it from you get instant access to that region catalogue.

This is not true. I have paid through, Mexico and now Turkey for the last year or so, and I always have the Irish region content

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Be careful!

So you have the library of the region you are living in?
    No issue then.

So you have the library of the region you are living in?
    No issue then.

Yes but only after using the Irish library for months in Spain (with no VPN)
    I signed up in Ireland.
    Was able to watch Better Call Saul new season (and Movistar have the rights to that in Spain) - then a few months back I got an email from Netflix saying they are changing my primary region to Spain.

So be careful if you sign up in Turkey via a VPN , you might be stuck with the Turkish library for a while.

Seems an outlandish way to save money, considering the massive amount of money people back home piss away on alcohol.

I've got Irish NF on PC, US Netflix on Firestick, billing in Turkish Lira for the last 8 months. No issues.

I've got Irish NF on PC, US Netflix on Firestick, billing in Turkish Lira for the last 8 months. No issues.

How do you get the US Netflix ?
    Are you accessing it via VPN ?

• Advertisement

Smartdnsproxy

Yes but only after using the Irish library for months in Spain (with no VPN)
    I signed up in Ireland.
    Was able to watch Better Call Saul new season (and Movistar have the rights to that in Spain) - then a few months back I got an email from Netflix saying they are changing my primary region to Spain.

So be careful if you sign up in Turkey via a VPN , you might be stuck with the Turkish library for a while.

Seems an outlandish way to save money, considering the massive amount of money people back home piss away on alcohol.

ok you officially haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

RossieMan wrote: »
    ok you officially haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

This was my personal experience!!
    This happened.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24853
    If you are traveling for an extended period of time, or traveling to a country outside of the European Union, you may notice that the available choices change. For countries within the European Union, we provide the same content as your home country for a limited period of time. We'll let you know when the limited period is over, and you'll have access to the TV shows and movies for the country you are travelling to. When this happens, we’ll be sure to let you know.

ah!
    Inside EU ...

OK
    \

Turkey isn't in the EU...

Edit:your post hadn't shown for me.

:)

Good to know actually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

Not true, again was signed up for Ireland then i cancelled my membership and logged in to Turkey and renewed my Netflix.

Still have my Irish lib content on my Netflix.

OK lads, been covered, OK I was wrong as Turkey is outside the EU, but what I said is true for countries within the EU.

OK lads, been covered, OK I was wrong as Turkey is outside the EU, but what I said is true for countries within the EU.

Having been abroad, I've not had my library stay the same as when here. Always switched to the region I was in.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No relevant to the thread but thanks for the input

You're welcome

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Having been abroad, I've not had my library stay the same as when here. Always switched to the region I was in.

I believe you.
    But region still changed for me - for months.

I have all day guys.

slow day at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Just tried to come back after my free trial and got in via Turkish account. All good until the payment, Revolut and N26 keeps giving me 'there's a problem with your payment method' Grrr. I had to use my AIB after getting impatient. Still cheap obviously. Oh well, will change it up and try next month. Any possible reasons for this, or just the usual glitch that seems to happen between Netflix and Revolut from reading past posts? Any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Go back now and edit the payment details to Revolut

Should I? Even though my AIB has been debited already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yes!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Was just about to post the same thing, Ive a number of alerts set up on my Revolut for Turkish Lira and three of them have been exceeded in the last few hours, €1 is currently worth 6.57 lira, it exceeded 6.60 lira a few minutes ago

How to you set price alerts up? When I tap on price alerts in the Lira section it asks me to input a value in Euro. What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

camz09 wrote: »
    Just tried to come back after my free trial and got in via Turkish account. All good until the payment, Revolut and N26 keeps giving me 'there's a problem with your payment method' Grrr. I had to use my AIB after getting impatient. Still cheap obviously. Oh well, will change it up and try next month. Any possible reasons for this, or just the usual glitch that seems to happen between Netflix and Revolut from reading past posts? Any solutions?[/QUOTE

My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Chieftain wrote: »
    camz09 wrote: »
    Just tried to come back after my free trial and got in via Turkish account. All good until the payment, Revolut and N26 keeps giving me 'there's a problem with your payment method' Grrr. I had to use my AIB after getting impatient. Still cheap obviously. Oh well, will change it up and try next month. Any possible reasons for this, or just the usual glitch that seems to happen between Netflix and Revolut from reading past posts? Any solutions?[/QUOTE

My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.

So you can't use your old email address. Basically if you use gmail you

youremail+tur@gmail.com

you will still get the email to youremail@gmail.com as google ignores the + and anything after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all,

Just got an email saying my mexican basic netflix plan is going up to 129 pesos.
    Are all plans in all countries going up? It might be time to move ;)
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Time to move to turkey

Do I literally press cancel using vpn mexico then go to netflix turkey using vpn and press rejoin?

Advertisement