Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IKEA real Christmas Trees + €20 voucher

Options
  • 23-11-2018 8:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

ikea-christmas-trees__1364663223700-s3.jpg

Buy @ Ikea

Receive a €20 voucher when you buy a real Christmas tree from IKEA for €30. Voucher redeemable in store in January. (Ballymun store only)

Buy a Christmas tree from IKEA for €30 between 22nd November 2018 and 24th December 2018 and receive a €20 voucher, which can be redeemed in the IKEA Dublin store between 14th January 2019 and 3rd March 2019.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Was wondering when this was starting. Thanks Davy, got it tree there 3 out of last 4 years. Can't beat the value really

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Got an email earlier saying it was €25 for the tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Aaaaand it's back... Thanks op

Think it's still a bit early though, unless you stand it in water or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Aaaaand it's back... Thanks op

Think it's still a bit early though, unless you stand it in water or something.

They have a PDF with different tips to make the tree last:> https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/doc/content-snippet-links/ikea-find-out-how-to-care-for-your-tree__1364662879149.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

How tall are the trees?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

comput1 wrote: »
    How tall are the trees?

About 6 feet, ideal for an apartment or small setting but I don’t think they’re big enough for a larger room/hallway.

I’ve gotten the deal for the last few years but will be going elsewhere this year for a bigger tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

Thanks @amcalester It sounds like a good deal but I would like an 8ft - a tree isn't a tree until the star touches the ceiling ;)

Anyone know if the trees come with a stand, or if they'll put a stand on for extra? Hoping to pick one up tomorrow but don't have a stand at home (or the tools to attach a stand :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Ikea sell stands, think they were 20 extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Similar offer this year. Tree costs €30 and you get a voucher worth €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So the tree is costing 15 rather than 10 in previous years. Still a good deal but indicative of how theyve been increasing some prices over the last few years. Same in the canteen, they've done some price walking to make it sneak up by about 25% over the last couple of years. Still some great bargains up there though, cant fault them on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

Wonder where they're sourcing their tree. My fathers a grower and they want to be buying them fairly cheap to be able to sell them at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Wonder where they're sourcing their tree. My fathers a grower and they want to be buying them fairly cheap to be able to sell them at that price.

could be a loss leader for them or more likely around break even. by the time you go out to ikea, buy some food, a drink even do a browse around youll be down a good few euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Idbatterim wrote: »
    could be a loss leader for them or more likely around break even. by the time you go out to ikea, buy some food, a drink even do a browse around youll be down a good few euro...

And going back in to use the voucher in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Similar offer this year. Tree costs €30 and you get a voucher worth €15.
    The trees are reduced to €20 now and you still get the €15 voucher. The employee wrapping the trees told me it was BOGOF today only too. About 50 trees left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Scotland, just outside Edinburgh I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Christmas trees now going free

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

cefh17 wrote: »
    And going back in to use the voucher in the new year
    A heads up for anyone who still has a voucher to use, it expires on Sunday (February 23rd).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

Not a great choice on trees left either...

Advertisement