Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ITV PLayer works for OnDemand content without a VPN for me (no live streams).
    Channel 4 Player and 5 player the same.

Prime Video works for all Amazon-own content.
    Likewise with Netflix. You get the Irish version.

BBC iPlayer generally is Geo-blocked.

A VPN isn't really needed unless you're desperate for BBC or the live streams from ITV.
    Only C4 works for me without vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ITV PLayer works for OnDemand content without a VPN for me (no live streams).
    Channel 4 Player and 5 player the same.

Prime Video works for all Amazon-own content.
    Likewise with Netflix. You get the Irish version.

BBC iPlayer generally is Geo-blocked.

A VPN isn't really needed unless you're desperate for BBC or the live streams from ITV.

Cough IPTV cough........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Cough IPTV cough........

Cough, if you're lucky enough to find one that's not a scam, cough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Marhay70 wrote: »

There are many good ones out there, trick is to find feedback from users, no service is perfect but it's the ones who respond fast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

It says does not deliver to Ireland ? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

It says does not deliver to Ireland ? Am I missing something?

Parcel Motel or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Cough IPTV cough........
    Marhay70 wrote: »

coronavirus testers report immediately, coughs detected in BA

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Roku Premiere down to £29.98 on Amazon UK. Great alternative to the Fire Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

matzen wrote:
    Roku Premiere down to £29.98 on Amazon UK. Great alternative to the Fire Stick.

Is it harder to sideload apps and use VPN? I have a Now TV stick and it seems limited in the amounts of apps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does a firestick allow you to cast from your phone to the tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

septictank wrote: »
    Parcel Motel or similar.

Is that what people are doing?? Just wondering why Amazon themselves would not deliver to Ireland for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Is that what people are doing?? Just wondering why Amazon themselves would not deliver to Ireland for this!
    Yes. Ive been using AnPosts AddressPal service when ordering firesticks. Ive got 5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Muahahaha wrote: »

No don't think so. Maybe with an app like Allcast. I'll try later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

https://www.techjunkie.com/mirror-android-firestick/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No I can cast Youtube to my Firestick as an Example. Tested it again just there, all 3 TVs off. Cast to Sitting room TV and the TV powered up and connected to the Firestick.

Guess it will depend on what you cast, I keep a Chromecast around for some things that are not compatible with other castings options.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cheers will give it a try. Mainly football Im hoping to cast, hopefully I can get it going with one of the mirroring apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the MYDISCOUNT5 code worked for me today on a firestick order...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The code worked for me on a 4k Firestick order too. Hoping it arrives by next weekend as it'll be Mrs Sleepy's Mother's Day present from the kids. :)

Has anyone ever ordered a replacement remote for the Firestick? The dog chewed mine to bits and I've been using the app to change channels etc.

The official remote is £20, but sure you can get a whole new one for £30, meaning you could use the code and get it for an extra fiver and have it as a replacement if anything happens to the firestick itself.

Has anyone ever used a 3rd party remote?

Has anyone ever ordered a replacement remote for the Firestick? The dog chewed mine to bits and I've been using the app to change channels etc.

The official remote is £20, but sure you can get a whole new one for £30, meaning you could use the code and get it for an extra fiver and have it as a replacement if anything happens to the firestick itself.

Are the Firestick remotes reprogrammeable? I have three and the remotes are not interchangeable, be interesting to find out.

• Advertisement

They'd have to be, if they're selling replacements for them. Can't remember if I ever had to sync the remote when I first got it, but it would make sense if you had multiple ones in the same house so you're not switching the wrong one.

They'd have to be, if they're selling replacements for them. Can't remember if I ever had to sync the remote when I first got it, but it would make sense if you had multiple ones in the same house so you're not switching the wrong one.

Yeah but the ones they're selling as replacements would not, presumably, have been married to a stick before. I don't know , that's the beauty of these forums, someone will.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Marhay70 wrote:
    Are the Firestick remotes reprogrammeable? I have three and the remotes are not interchangeable, be interesting to find out.

Scroll to the top of the screen and the to settings. In settings scroll over to remotes & Bluetooth devices. Here you can pair a new remote

Got on to live chat.....

505719.PNG

Good man yourself, Jeff.....seems like even Mr Bezos himself is giving a dig out in these tough times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Scroll to the top of the screen and the to settings. In settings scroll over to remotes & Bluetooth devices. Here you can pair a new remote
    Yeah, there's a way of pairing them.

If its any help to anyone who has a couple of fire sticks and wants to use the one remote, well it wont work as such. You can pair any fire remote to any stick but if you go back to use it on the first fire stick again you will have to"re-pair" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Got on to live chat.....

505719.PNG

Good man yourself, Jeff.....seems like even Mr Bezos himself is giving a dig out in these tough times :pac:

Dog ate my remote too so orders a replacement firestick as it didnt make much sense buying a replacement remote for nearly the same price. Bloody dog is after eating the replacement one now 😵.
    Anyway just so you know the replacement remote for 20 quid is version one and doesn't have volume control. The newer version one I think is 30 quid which is the same price as a bloody firestick.

Going to get onto live chat and see if they will send me a remote

toe_knee wrote: »
    Dog ate my remote too so orders a replacement firestick as it didnt make much sense buying a replacement remote for nearly the same price. Bloody dog is after eating the replacement one now ��.
    Anyway just so you know the replacement remote for 20 quid is version one and doesn't have volume control. The newer version one I think is 30 quid which is the same price as a bloody firestick.

Going to get onto live chat and see if they will send me a remote

The old remote is out of stock, its the newer voice one that is £20. They were very reasonable with me, especially seeing as I came clean about the dog being the cause of it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Father-in-law tried to do an update on his Firestick and turned it off halfway through, bricking the 'stick.

Got onto customer care, told them it wasn't working, and they're sending out a replacement even though I bought it in Argos!

They're some company for customer service to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Yes it does, use the allconnect app or others available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

25% off all fire and echo accessories using code in attached img

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement