Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Clareman wrote: »
    1 of my all time favourite movies, growing up near the Cliffs of Insanity does connect you to that movie :P

I've being looking forward to watching this with my kids since they were born but I think they might be a bit young yet, ooooh the pressure to watch it with them but having them to have to love it like I do....... I think I'll leave it a few years.

As a side note, Mrs. Clareman has never seen Star Wars, I mean never seen any of any of the movies, few years back when it came out on BluRay I made a big effort to get her to watch it, decided on the best order to watch them, sat down, turned on A New Hope and she kept looking at her phone, complained about the scroll at the start and missed the whole point of the ship being boarded at the start, I turned off the movie and stormed out saying "well if you're not going to watch it properly you can't watch it", not my proudest adult moment :o:o:o:o

Grounds for divorce,on her phone ? Tut Tut ,cheek of her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am using Disney on an LG tv. Is there a restart button that I am not seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Not that I know of, It does crash now and again on my LG TV also, I power it off and back on again after waiting 5 seconds or so and usually its fine again for a long time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Disney + App
    When you click on something you previosly watched but not completed

There is 2 options
    resume or restart
    Use your remote to highlight the one you want to select
    When highlighted it's on white

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Might be of interest to some - the option to watch those episodes of the Simpsons produced in 4:3 in that aspect ratio is there now (go into title, click details and turn off the “Remastered Aspect Ratio” toggle).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishJedi75

Used my week long free trial to binge The Mandalorian ( Really good ) and watch Captain Marvel ( Really bad ).Didnt renew my subsciption as there is really nothing else there to watch ( I already own most of the Star Wars and Marvel films on disc ).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

paulboland wrote: »
    Disney + App
    When you click on something you previosly watched but not completed

There is 2 options
    resume or restart
    Use your remote to highlight the one you want to select
    When highlighted it's on white

I have no option to restart, just a resume button.
    Edit - my app updated and the restart button seems to be there now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Any sign of Disney+ getting an option to remove something from the history so as to stop new episodes appearing in the continue watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any one else have a problem on the PlayStation? Keeps playing a bit then says service unavailable, then sometimes says internet is not working. But internet definitely is working and I have deleted the app then reinstalled and it’s happened a couple of times. Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I watched the little sparkshorts that was added called out.
    Absolutely adorable. Pretty groundbreaking on that it features a gay character at it's centre.

Another brilliant short called kitbull is on it as well. Heartbreaking. It had me in tears.

Both had me emotional for very different reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Any one else have a problem on the PlayStation? Keeps playing a bit then says service unavailable, then sometimes says internet is not working. But internet definitely is working and I have deleted the app then reinstalled and it’s happened a couple of times. Just me?

Not just you.

I'm finding it very frustrating through the PS4, constantly buffering and you need to exit out and go back into the film to get it streaming again, happens about every 10 minutes and really ruins the flow of a movie.

Has been going on for weeks at this stage.

I've over 30Mbs when I speed-test my PS4 so the problem is not on my end.

Extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hamilton trailer.

Drops July 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's an impressive trailer.

<3 Hamilton

Lin-Manuel Miranda has said Disney are allowing one Fcuk word stay in the film if they let anymore than one stay it would have to get a R rating in the States.

And Disney+ doesn't do R rated.

New Muppets series arrives July 31st.

A Beyonce visual album will debut on Disney+ on July 31st.

Black is King is written, directed and executive produced by Beyonce.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

New Muppets series arrives July 31st.

I don't usually even pick up on things like this let alone care enough to comment about it but Kermits voice is completely different..... almost to the point that it's like someone doing a bad impression.... I thought it might have been the sound if the trailer but other characters seem right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Renewed by sub thinking that Atmos was now allowed in UK/Europe again after the service was trottled during cornavirus crisis.

But still no Atmos here!?

Is 5.1 the max people are seeing on their Disney +, is anyone seeing (hearing) Atmos options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Renewed by sub thinking that Atmos was now allowed in UK/Europe again after the service was trottled during cornavirus crisis.

But still no Atmos here!?

Is 5.1 the max people are seeing on their Disney +, is anyone seeing (hearing) Atmos options?

I’m getting atmos no problem on the first movie I checked (avengers endgame)

No issues with Atmos for me it is there and working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Really, mine says 5.1 for everything still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I'm still not seeing the streams in 4k. Very disappointing

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't usually even pick up on things like this let alone care enough to comment about it but Kermits voice is completely different..... almost to the point that it's like someone doing a bad impression.... I thought it might have been the sound if the trailer but other characters seem right
    Your so right it's far too low.

I still love the Muppets though so will definitely watch it.

Gravity falls is such a gem it just gets funnier as it goes along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

gmisk wrote: »
    Gravity falls is such a gem it just gets funnier as it goes along

Genuinely one of the greatest tv shows ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 84,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hailee Steinfeld has reportedly been confirmed to star in the Disney+ #Hawkeye series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I'm still not seeing the streams in 4k. Very disappointing
    Are you Disney+ App in Sky Q or Disney+ App from 4K TV

If you want 4K resolution and Dolby Vision and Atmos
    You need to use the Disney + App from you 4K TV

If you using Sky Q Disney+ App that don't have 4K yet is HD only at the moment

What 4K TV do you have

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That’s not necessarily true any more if you are on the very latest Sky Q software version currently being rolled out *and* you have a compatible STB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

icdg wrote: »
    That’s not necessarily true any more if you are on the very latest Sky Q software version currently being rolled out *and* you have a compatible STB.

I think you also have to have a Skh UHD subscription as well, well for Netflix if you don't have SKy HD you don't get HD Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Disney+ gains 19 Emmy nominations - 15 for the Mandalorian:
    Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (Taika Waititi) [IG-11]

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program

Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series

Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes

Oustanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Prosthetic Make-Up for A Series

Outstanding Music Composition for a Series

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (Giancarlo Esposito) [Moff Gideon; best known for his role in Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul]

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Drama Series (Half-Hour)

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Drama Series (Half-Hour)

Outstanding Special Visual Effects

Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series

https://thedirect.com/article/the-mandalorian-earns-15-emmy-nominations-for-disney

These are the first nominations Star Wars has gained for live-action since Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (1986)

Advertisement