Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Have 2 spots here if anyone wants to join pm me

Edit: All gone

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

stacexD wrote: »
    Have 2 spots here if anyone wants to join pm me

Hi I'm interested in joining with you.. Give me a pm of details

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Looking to join someone or will set up my own if I can get 2 or 3 others to join mine cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭geriatric

steven087 wrote: »
    Looking to join someone or will set up my own if I can get 2 or 3 others to join mine cheers..

I'll join in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote: »
    Am I the only one who isn't that impressed with it?

I think anyone with kids will be amazed. My kids are in their 20s. Not only have I seen all the marvel & StarWars movies but I have them all on Blueray or 4K Blue Ray. There isn't a wow factor for me but For 55 euro for the year (I got mine in sterling at a good exchange rate) I think it good value. Apple Plus with about 10 TV shows costs 60 euro per year. Then with everyone confined to their homes I was able to give a profile to my two sisters with young kids. All of a sudden I became the coolest uncle in the family :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Genghis

Count me in if you still have a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I agree with Sleeper12 there. If this was just for me, it'd be a pass. I've seen all the Marvel, Pixar, X-Men and Star Wars movies, so the Disney kids TV shows and movies aren't exactly going to win me over. The Simpsons is nice to see but again, I've seen all the good seasons, many times. The only original content I can see there of interest to me is The Mandelorian. HOWEVER, I have kids so it's immediately a huge deal in our house. For €60 a year (and I share that with my brother in law and his family) it great value.

I would love to see more of the Fox stuff brought over. I'm hoping the more mature content isn't split out into a separate service, and they use parental controls to keep the kids from accessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bacchus wrote: »
    I agree with Sleeper12 there. If this was just for me, it'd be a pass. I've seen all the Marvel, Pixar, X-Men and Star Wars movies, so the Disney kids TV shows and movies aren't exactly going to win me over. The Simpsons is nice to see but again, I've seen all the good seasons, many times. The only original content I can see there of interest to me is The Mandelorian. HOWEVER, I have kids so it's immediately a huge deal in our house. For €60 a year (and I share that with my brother in law and his family) it great value.

I would love to see more of the Fox stuff brought over. I'm hoping the more mature content isn't split out into a separate service, and they use parental controls to keep the kids from accessing.

Disney own HULU (another streaming service). This would be a more suitable place for more adult content.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

Il join please

• Registered Users Posts: 31,746 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Disney own HULU (another streaming service). This would be a more suitable place for more adult content.
    That is what they seem to be doing.
    There is a spin off from the movie love Simon going to Hulu that was originally going to be on Disney+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

devil-80 wrote: »
    I explain myself no point to continue that discussions here. Paying first myself to create account etc. Please open yourself account pay all and then try to get money from other if you want. End of topic.

Makes zero sense.

You consider everyone else's money as you getting paid, but then you pay monthly and that's costs you more overall?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I certainly wouldn't be doing business with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

Any family slots going for a 12 mth prepaid sub? I can pay by Revolut or do a PayPal family & friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Hi,

what streaming boxes are people using for it please.

I signed up and it works on my pH but tried setting it up the mbox streaming box and it said not compatible l. I use this for Netflix so thought it would be OK.

Any tips appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »
    Any family slots going for a 12 mth prepaid sub? I can pay by Revolut or do a PayPal family & friends.

I'm all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

margo321 wrote: »
    Hi,

what streaming boxes are people using for it please.

I signed up and it works on my pH but tried setting it up the mbox streaming box and it said not compatible l. I use this for Netflix so thought it would be OK.

Any tips appreciated.
    Thanks

I installed on android box using this
    bit.ly/disneyplus22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

If I find 3 people I'll set one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭darklighter

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah, go on, I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

OmegaGene wrote: »
    nvidia shield is good

Keeps freezing on Samsung tv app

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Keeps freezing on Samsung tv app

When did the app appear on your Samsung TV, it is not on mine yet ....

• Advertisement

do you have a vpn or smart dns running ?

Yep, have smart DNS

Getflix

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

if it is not there now then i do not think your tv will get it, check the model number

thanks yeah, it is supposed to be on TVs after 2016, mine is 2015 but has the Tizen system which is supposed to support the app, so it seems marginal whether I get it or not ...... seems I will not , but can get Chromecast so not a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭geriatric

I'll join in if you still have a place. Thanks

If you check the app on the phone or dashboard one of the groups 1/2/3 has Disney plus as USA turn that off and refresh getflix and sign in again and you will see the rating of programmes change to pg etc
    Worked for me anyway

Did they, got the PG notice on the movies, but still stalling

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Did they, got the PG notice on the movies, but still stalling

Same here. Getflix + Roku Box + Large TV

Plays fine on iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

SMC92Ian wrote:

I'm in if it's still available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Looking for a group if someone is setting one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ruth123456

I don’t know how to set 1 up but I don’t mind doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

Aptoide has the newest v1.4.1 Disney Plus app https://com-disney-disneyplus.en.aptoide.com and is a handy way to add on non compatible apps for Android boxes. Links to the uploaded apps are more trusted than a random APK on the internet.

Although every version crashes on my Android box (Too old I guess. Other Aptoide apps work fine)..... Looks like Chromecast is the only option for that TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

ruth123456 wrote: »
    I don’t know how to set 1 up but I don’t mind doing it

Could I join if there is space?

Advertisement