Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anti Social Behaviour from Neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭blackbox

GreeBo wrote: »
    It can and should work, the missing ingredient is turfing out people who can't or won't act in a socially responsible manner.
    There are plenty of people who, given a house by the government can and will act in a normal manner.
    Those people dont deserve to be stuck in a ghetto with arseholes like the OPs neighbour any more than the OP does.

Totally agree with this.

Most people don't behave like scum.

We need the authorities to deal severely with those that do.

Otherwise they bring the whole area down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

blackbox wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.

This times a million. The vast majority of social tenants are just ordinary folk looking to get by and see their children educated and do well for themselves. It's the minority of scummers who ruin it for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

didnt think the extended families of the elderly living there would put up with that carry on especially in the inner city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

blackbox wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.

I could not agree more, but what can you do?
    These guys are pro at playing the system.
    They know every button to press.
    So where do you put them? Do you make them homeless? Just create one giant ghetto in Leitrim?
    I've lived in Drimnagh and Crumlin for a period of time, neighbour were lovely but the place was a kip, you would walk out your door and find someone had left bags of rubbish outside your house, within a few hours, foxes, sea guls etc and those bags are all over the street. There was more than one or two doing it, the place was littered.
    These guys think they are scamming the system and are on easy street, the reality is the life expectancy is terrible, domestic violence is much higher, mental health is much worse, hungry kids, etc, etc.

So how do you propose they are dealt with? What do you do with the can't work won't work gang? Christ as long as they stayed quiet and didn't bother anyone else, I'd say leave them alone. But that is rarely the case.

I was raised on a council estate down the country, everything was grand, though the estate kids were certainly looked down up on, a teacher told me I got a lower grade cos I was from the estate, the priest only complained publicly if harm was done by one of the estate kids, I could go on.

But seriously as society becomes more and more divided between the haves and the have nots, this is going to become more and more of an issue.

Advertisement