Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

batistuta9 wrote: »

many going to watch? quiet thread, thought all the BB fans would be interested about it

Yes will give it a look, will it be 9am or so when its on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

don't know when they'll have it up.

i'll probably wait until tuesday & watch both eps. then

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If I remember right the Breaking Bad episodes went up about 8am so I would say these one will go up about the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If I remember right the Breaking Bad episodes went up about 8am so I would say these one will go up about the same time.

Yes I remember that too, great HD picture for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I'm looking forward to this. Worth a look anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Immediately this is compulsory viewing for Breaking Bad fans-it's shaping up to be an expanded universe rather than a simple spin-off; even the opening montage could have come straight from the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just done watching the first episode. Off to a good start :)

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Loving the visual style of this show - very 'Breaking Bad'. Second episode tonight, as it settles into its regular timeslot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Poor little Saul...his first attempt at a spot of conspiracy and guess who he bumps into.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

A solid 7/10 start.

That opening montage was superb with Saul purposely looking very Walter White and this time
    it's the ingredients of a cinnebon being mixed up and not drugs.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season develops without the direction of Gilligan it had here.

Question:
    Didnt Saul meet Tuco in Breaking Bad? And when he did wasnt there a lack of "oh! you again!"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭bren2001

Solid start to the show. It was never going to be an amazing episode. Nice to see Saul in life after BB even if it was only for a minute or two. Looking forward to tomorrows episode already. Doesn't feel like I am watching BB and for 50 minutes neither Jessie nor Walt crossed my mind. The reveal at the end made sense.
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A solid 7/10 start.

That opening montage was superb with Saul purposely looking very Walter White and this time
    it's the ingredients of a cinnebon being mixed up and not drugs.
    Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season develops without the direction of Gilligan it had here.

Question:
    Didnt Saul meet Tuco in Breaking Bad? And when he did wasnt there a lack of "oh! you again!"?
    Tuco dies in 4/5 episodes into season 2. We don't meet Saul until Badger gets arrested. So no, I don't remember the two ever meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic ending

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Very strong opening episode! was actually expecting when he was driving around suburbia that we might see Walts car in the driveway, also can't understand why Mike is just a car park attendant? I thought he was a fully fledged cop? What a great ending can't wait for tomorrow night.
    Btw is AMC co-producing this with Netflix as its billed as a Netflix original?
    Also should this thread not be in the "online TV" forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Also should this thread not be in the "online TV" forum?

Not really. It airs on AMC first which is a Cable channel.

Just seen it has a 100% rating on RT so far based on 38 reviews.

Very strong opening episode! was actually expecting when he was driving around suburbia that we might see Walts car in the driveway, also can't understand why Mike is just a car park attendant? I thought he was a fully fledged cop?

Mike had to leave law enforcement under a cloud. My guess is he's using the car park job as an excuse to find something to rob or someone to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Saul at the end of his transformation looked like Walt at the beginning of his:

54d8428dabcd32906da3c37b_better-call-saul-breaking-bad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Got to sit down this evening and watch it. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Great episode to open the series. Really looking forward to tomorrow's one.

Saul at the end of his transformation looked like Walt at the beginning of his:

Could be a sign of things to comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Well I enjoyed that.

It was a wee bit confusing at first with Chuck and the old law firm business, but it got into it's stride by the end.

Also...Tuco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

"As discreet as a stripper's pole in a mosque.":D

• Advertisement

"The only way this car is worth $500 is if there's a $300 hooker sitting in it."

....the writing is classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

"The only way this car is worth $500 is if there's a $300 hooker sitting in it."

....the writing is classic.

Agreed, Bob Odenkirk is also perfect for the part too.

It was a very good start, which I'm sure was very difficult for the writers to do after he was so well known from BB.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I enjoyed this opener has the same flow as "Breaking Bad" keeps you guessing.

I would recommend people who did not see "Breaking Bad" to watch that before they watch this. I feel it necessary to know the characters background.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Well I enjoyed that.

It was a wee bit confusing at first with Chuck and the old law firm business, but it got into it's stride by the end.

Also...Tuco :pac:

Much better than CBB eh:pac:

Really enjoyed it. I adore Breaking Bad so even a spin off with one of the minor characters would have had me engaged. This looks very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Will netflix have the whole first season in one go???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

massy086 wrote: »

Nope, once a week

massy086 wrote: »

They have the whole season. But it will not be shown in one go rather on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    They have the whole season. But it will not be shown in one go rather on a weekly basis.
    Hmm thats strange.is this a new thing or am i missing something.as house of cards and other shows u get the whole season

Someone suggested that it is also being broadcast on us television too. I don't know if that's correct but if it is that could have something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Really enjoyed that, the cinematography was great and the ending too.
    I havent seen it mentioned but the next episode is on netflix tomorrow :)

Advertisement