Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Bought Malibu mansion attack right this second on Amazon!! Yay! Looks like a great set, and it was only £23 sterling, so all in all 26 euro inc. post. Did anybody see that you can buy 2014 nightwing on it too? He is only ten quid!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

The latest haul... :-)

tumblr_mw2i4aM2dk1sbd8kxo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭HorseSea

Very nice. 7965 for 49.99, had they more?

Sorry about the quality of picture but the 7965 was €129, I would have bought 2 or 3 for €49 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

pikaia wrote: »
    Sorry about the quality of picture but the 7965 was €129, I would have bought 2 or 3 for €49 :D

Argos have it for €107 at the moment, cheapest I have seen it, tempted! http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3889273/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO.htm

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Argos have it for €107 at the moment, cheapest I have seen it, tempted! http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3889273/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO.htm

I would definitely go for that, I have a feeling it will be retired shortly. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

280163.jpg
    Paid 135e in Argos this evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

In the last week I have built:

Millenium Falcon (7965)
    Jek-14 fighter (75018)
    Monster truck (42005)
    4x4 crawler (9398)
    Mini car/truck (42001)

Loved them all. 4x4 crawler took some time so looking forward to building the alternate model when I get around to downloading the instructions!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

pikaia wrote: »
    I would definitely go for that, I have a feeling it will be retired shortly. Great price.

Deal of the year!!!!
    Argos doing massive deals at present paid a visit to Clonmel store today and got the millennium falcon and 2013 SW advent calender for €101.23 (instead of around 160-180), and as I was over €100 spent got a €10 gift card which I used to get the Lego friends advent calendar for my daughter for €14.49 instead of €24.49!
    BARGAIN!!!

Happy out can't believe I got the falcon for €80.99!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Have the Falcon ordered with Argos for collection next week for that price - looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Finally managed to pick up the Town Hall set that I ordered during the double points offer.

Also bought this for above the fireplace during Christmas.
    lego-decorating-the-tree-set-40058-15.png

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

I got the daily bugle showdown yesterday from Amazon. Its a great set! Love the minifigs. There is a deal on it now and its only £26 sterling!!!!!! 25 euro cheaper than buying it in a shop. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn you all. I havent bought a nice lego for myself in ages :(. Amazon had some really nice deals lately too.

I acutally would love to get one more 4x4 Crawler, but looks like I am too late for low prices. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Damn you all. I havent bought a nice lego for myself in ages :(. Amazon had some really nice deals lately too.

I acutally would love to get one more 4x4 Crawler, but looks like I am too late for low prices. :(

Same as myself. Im itching to buy some Lego Star Wars. Need to buy a laptop case for work today so I might pick a small set up. I'd love to have a sea of clone troopers on my mantlepiece. Would love to buy the Falcon for 80 but im getting old and sensible and need to pay bills and save. Can anyone recommend a small nice Star wars set to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

280920.jpg

Battle for helms deep plus Orc army attachment plus Orc forge, gandalf arrives, the wizards battle, frodo poly bag and about ten Uruk ai poly bags. Not a bad days
    280920.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

syklops wrote: »
    Same as myself. Im itching to buy some Lego Star Wars. Need to buy a laptop case for work today so I might pick a small set up. I'd love to have a sea of clone troopers on my mantlepiece. Would love to buy the Falcon for 80 but im getting old and sensible and need to pay bills and save. Can anyone recommend a small nice Star wars set to get?

So I bit the bullet and bought the AT-RT walker. Came with a 501 legion Clone trooper, a Yoda a Droideka and a Battle Droid. I had lots of fun putting it together. I'd originally wanted the Mandalorian speeder but they were out of it. This one came in at a decent price of 21 from Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Just bought the VW Camper, not sure if I'll make it up or keep it boxed as a collectors piece.

10220-1.jpg

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ I don't have it myself, but someone I know does and it's a beautiful model in the flesh, definitely deserves to be built.

Yesterday was the last day of the Argos 25% off Star Wars over €60 so I took the plunge and got the UCS R2D2. I knew I was going to get it eventually, so I figured I might as well get it early and save €45. I'll hold off building it though, might wait until Christmas like the big kid I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I really enjoyed building the R2D2 set, have it up on the shelf with the rest of my display pieces.

I mentioned to my wife that I bought the Camper and she asked could she build it, looks like I've her Christmas present sorted so.

I also caved in and bought the SSD 10221-1.jpg
    I'd been wanting it ever since it's been release, now to find a bed to put it under.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I would really like the SSD as well but I made the decision to prioritise other things on my wanted list. The value just isn't good enough to justify - at RRP you can almost get 3 modulars which I'm also collecting, so just couldn't pull the trigger. Just hoping now that I don't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Just bought the VW Camper, not sure if I'll make it up or keep it boxed as a collectors piece.

10220-1.jpg

Ordered the camper today on Pixmania 72 euro all in! Cant wait for it to arrive.

Also picked this bad boy on adverts for 25 quid!!!

81-ei7igR6L._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

the-ging wrote: »
    Ordered the camper today on Pixmania 72 euro all in! Cant wait for it to arrive.

Also picked this bad boy on adverts for 25 quid!!!

81-ei7igR6L._SL1500_.jpg

So that was you! DAMN YOU! :D That is some bargain m8. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

10220-1.jpg

Would this be suitable for a 3 yr old, its just that my little girl got the lego friends campervan for her birth day yesterday and her 3yr old brother loves it and cant stop playing with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Would this be suitable for a 3 yr old, its just that my little girl got the lego friends campervan for her birth day yesterday and her 3yr old brother loves it and cant stop playing with it:D

I'd say it might be a bit OTT - perhaps this (also cheaper 16.99): http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-City-Prisoner-Transport-7286-!108696-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9a5da72a-b9ec-415a-8bf4-1fa2867367f4

108696_L.jpg

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

XJH6FHB.jpg

Tesco - 6/7 Quid

Bought it just to test if i still like Lego after 20+ years .... i sure do :-)

Welcome back from the dark ages!

I love me little truck lol its dinky

BUT I WANT MORE ....

MORE ADVANCED
    MORE PIECES

and of course

BIGGER

Unfortunately or fortunately (depending) Lego offers lots of opportunity for you to part with hard earned cash... and that's just for the current sets, wait until you try to catch some of the ones you missed and see the second hand market prices. Ouch!

show me HorseSea

i see a set @ $980

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What do you guys do with all these large lego sets,do you just build them once and let them gather dust, or do you play with them or would you take it apart every so often to build them again? It just seems a very expensive hobby if you spend a couple of hundred euro for a few hours building, dont get me wrong i love lego and buy sets for the kids and help them build them but they will then play with them, id love nothing more then to get into lego star wars but i just cant justify or convince myself to buy them just to build once and have them gather dust

Advertisement