Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

• 29-09-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭

Time to start a new Fair City thread.

Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting:

Soap Opera Charter - *** November 20th, 2013 ***

The Rules:

There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted)

Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site)

Before starting a new thread, please check see if there is already a similar thread existing. (Duplicate threads will be removed)

Any "off topic" posts will be edited, closed or deleted without warning.
    Remember, not everyone may have seen a TV show.

If you are giving away plot points, please use the spoiler tag.
    To do this, put (spoiler) (/spoiler) around the text. (replace the () brackets with [] brackets.)

It will then look like this:
    This is a spoiler

Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. In fact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

Charter Update - January 14th, 2013

There have been several reported posts lately of lewd comments on this forum. Nobody wants to read crap about "what you'd do" to to a character of the opposite sex (or similar sexual comments). It's crass and childish. Lewd comments will earn a one week ban from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 4th, 2013

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors that appear in your favourite soaps (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a one week ban from this forum from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned.

Charter Update - January 24th, 2015.

Only moderators are authorised to post details of card/infractions/bans in this forum. If posters engage in this practice they will incur a one week ban.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

If there are any queries/problems, you can send a PM to one of the forum mods.

Old Fair City Threads

Fair City v8

Fair City v7

Fair City v6

Fair City v5

Fair City v4

Fair City v3

Fair City v2

Fair City v1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Niall_76

Love Hate got things totally wrong when depicting gangland crime in Dublin. Clearly the usual situation is for detectives to be able to come and go as they please as criminal operations take place. Dropping the odd witty remark and don’t interfere with anything going on of course. Even bring their friends with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't get why Mond keeps turning up at Decco's place and Sash trying to get Decco to go for a pint with him... :rolleyes:

Isn't it great the way you can get a councller to call to your house on a Sunday.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Everyone seems to have forgotten Mondo being a cheating scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Wtf is Paul’s problem? He was always horrible to Jane but now he’s even worse after sleeping with her again.

I assume Jane must be sick to her stomach that she left that pr*ck anywhere near her...

fin12 wrote: »
    Wtf is Paul’s problem? He was always horrible to Jane but now he’s even worse after sleeping with her again.

I assume Jane must be sick to her stomach that she left that pr*ck anywhere near her...

He's also bringing in almost empty bags of washing into the launderette or looking for a Venos services wash, tablecloths / aprons,... They don't even use tablecloths, you'd think he'd have a collection service for that anyway.

• Advertisement

He's also bringing in almost empty bags of washing into the launderette or looking for a Venos services wash, tablecloths / aprons,... They don't even use tablecloths, you'd think he'd have a collection service for that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Every time I see keogh he reminds of this guy

http://www.anphoblacht.com/files/wp-images/2011/10/JakeStevens1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

dalyboy wrote: »
    Every time I see keogh he reminds of this guy

http://www.anphoblacht.com/files/wp-images/2011/10/JakeStevens1.jpg

Yes and Crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

He's just a bollox Fin. A fella who hadn't much to start with, made a bit of money, thinks he's great with the women and shapes around all the time. We all know at least one male like him.

He's as one dimensional as Carol really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

that nurse never seems to leave the room, he must be the only patient in the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

I really feel like going out and getting a "Seattle's best coffee"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

A spiral staircase and a bunch of wobbly oap's.....what could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

Has the station always has a function room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

that nurse never seems to leave the room, he must be the only patient in the hospital.

I'm pretty sure she's his doctor but yes, she is always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    A spiral staircase and a bunch of wobbly oap's.....what could go wrong.

Did Bella go up the windey staircase?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where's Nora?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They can suddenly get a function room upstairs. I'm sure they'll have a lift somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Where's Nora?

I am watching The Price on DVD. She's in it.

Why does Sash have feathers stuck in her hair for weeks ? She reminds me of a Red Indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Why does Sash have feathers stuck in her hair for weeks ? She reminds me of a Red Indian.

or a hippie

• Advertisement

Jeez that’s one busy launderette !! Everyone lugging huge sacks of washing in and dumping them on the counter, demanding when they’ll be done. Great turnover of staff too !

I was out and about yesterday and saw a sign in a hairdressers window offering feather extensions. WTF sez I to meself.

One knock on the ceiling for yes and two for no.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Darragh Collins work besides playing match maker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Now come on, I know your being sarcastic,
    But on a serious note, why the F is he still in FC, we can clearly see he is pain for most of the little scenes he is in
    Is Jim Bartley in that much financial trouble he has to endure that s**t

Now come on, I know your being sarcastic,
    But on a serious note, why the F is he still in FC, we can clearly see he is pain for most of the little scenes he is in
    Is Jim Bartley in that much financial trouble he has to endure that s**t

I'd say he a a job for life with FC, (or for however long FC will be on)as he's there form the beginning.... A nice pension as well... Easy money for a couple of weeks appearance a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Will must think he's having a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I'd say he a a job for life with FC, (or for however long FC will be on)as he's there form the beginning.... A nice pension as well... Easy money for a couple of weeks appearance a year.

Ehhh forever while we pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dreamy Leamy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So a 2 bed place just happens to come up for rent in Dublin on the same day Melanie finds herself in need of a gaff and there is nobody else interested in it.

No rental crisis in FC it seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement