Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas Boiler Flue Gas Analysis

Options
  • 28-07-2020 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭

Came across this analysis which was issued with the declaration of conformance for new installation for a Vokera Vision 20s installed 4 years ago and operating perfectly since.

Do the very low temperature readings just mean that the analysis was taken without allowing the boiler to heat up?.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Yeah I'd guess so, just on start up by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

I also notice that the magnetic filter is installed between the flow&return just before the HW cylinder which means that there is a full by pass at all times, the filter should ideally be installed in the return just before the boiler but since it was installed with the complete new system will be ok from that point of view.
    The big up side of all this though is that even with only one rad, ~ 1.5 kw , in service, the boiler which has a min output of ~ 5.5kw will cycle on/off as it must but with no problems which some boiler makes seem to have all sorts of problems with when cycling, I just wonder if the filter was installed "properly" would the Vokera behave similarly.

Advertisement