Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone have horses not with Willie/Gordon

Options
  • 19-07-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

As the title says just wondering anyone on here own horses with some of the all called smaller trainers. I've 2 horses with Elliott , one through a racing club and one a direct syndicate. Both owned horses not leased.

I'm trying to see what the info is like about your horse and horses chances, plans etc in other yards . Be interested to see if anyone a horse with Cromwell or Hogan.

Have to say disappointed with Elliott and his communication

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

th hen wrote: »
    As the title says just wondering anyone on here own horses with some of the all called smaller trainers. I've 2 horses with Elliott , one through a racing club and one a direct syndicate. Both owned horses not leased.

I'm trying to see what the info is like about your horse and horses chances, plans etc in other yards . Be interested to see if anyone a horse with Cromwell or Hogan.

Unless you are a significant owner in those yards you wont be told anything. You have no chance as a racing club or syndicate.
    In reality a lot of the time they dont know themselves. Look at a certain big punter in Willie's. Backed the wrong one numerous times over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

I guess Elliott has so many horses in training whilst also buying/selling stocking up etc..its probably hard to keep the comms up with every syndicate.
    I suppose thats the trade off, Elliott lashes in the winners & if you want your horse to have the best chance you send to the best trainers.
    be interested to hear other peoples opinions..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

chancer007 wrote: »
    I guess Elliott has so many horses in training whilst also buying/selling stocking up etc..its probably hard to keep the comms up with every syndicate.
    He must have 200 horses in training at this stage. It's probably just not realistic for him to give the personal attention that each syndicate member would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

th hen wrote: »

Unless you are the designated contact person in the syndicate/club you are not going to hear anything. Were you expecting Gordon to ring you just before he goes to sleep to shoot the breeze? Gordon: You hang up, th hen: no you hang up. Gordon you .....etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Unless you are the designated contact person in the syndicate/club you are not going to hear anything. Were you expecting Gordon to ring you just before he goes to sleep to shoot the breeze? Gordon: You hang up, th hen: no you hang up. Gordon you .....etc etc.

That's a rather mealy mouthed reply, Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

That's a rather mealy mouthed reply, Dan.

Having a bad day are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I heard from an owner that had a horse with willie won its bumper and got injured was off the track for a year sent it back in and was getting no progress and never ran so the took out the horse.

3 months later he meets willie at the races and willie says his horse is nearly ready to run!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

I heard from an owner that had a horse with willie won its bumper and got injured was off the track for a year sent it back in and was getting no progress and never ran so the took out the horse.

3 months later he meets willie at the races and willie says his horse is nearly ready to run!

:)

Advertisement