Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's weird playing this especially after replaying 1 and 2 recently. The graphics are different and movement. Completely overhauled. Takes a bit to get used to.

Loving hyperion guns, and shotguns knock back enemies. Still only in the first main area and it's huge. Minor niggle is the lack of catch a ride stations.

Some great improvements in minor things like now you auto loot ammo from chests and you can fast travel to a car or to certain points directly from the map.

I picked Moze and I'm starting to rethink that. There is a bit of a problem with her action skill but I'm not sure how big a deal it will be, you need space to use it and you can get stuck in tight spaces or blocked with low roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Damit. I won't have time to play this for another couple of weeks. Looking forward to it though. Unfollowing this thread to avoid spoilers. Have fun guys.

I picked Fl4k. I was going to go Siren after using a siren in B2 and it was pretty good once you had the upgrade with skill points. But I missed bloodwing from B1 so chose fl4k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I played with Mordecai and Bloodwing in B1. It made what happened in B2 all the more affecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.voidu.com/en/borderlands-3-super-deluxe-2

If you use the code CLAPTRAP30 you can get the Super Deluxe for €70 or the base game for €42.

Most impressive improvement so far is the the guns and gear. They don't need to be legendary or even blue to be interesting. Even white tiered loot can have some cool perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Most impressive improvement so far is the the guns and gear. They don't need to be legendary or even blue to be interesting. Even white tiered loot can have some cool perks.

You lucky thing playing this now.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    You lucky thing playing this now.

You should have got a Xbox One X. :D

I'm giving it a break for a while. I started before most on here and will probably finish the game last.

• Advertisement

Time got away from me playing this game just looked a time just now and said I better go to bed. It's actually really good. Took a while to get used to it. I never watched any previews or anything about this game so I went in blind. Climbing is also a thing now. Nothing along the lines of Assassins Creed but a bit which is a nice change.

edit: Post above says I stopped playing which I did but got bored on internet and gave it another go and really liked it. I could have nearly played all night but I would be wrecked tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

All VIP weapons are level 10 so don't take them from your mailbox straight away as you won't have enough inventory space

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

All VIP weapons are level 10 so don't take them from your mailbox straight away as you won't have enough inventory space

What do you get VIP weapons from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Vicxas wrote: »
    What do you get VIP weapons from?

Here are links to all activities that can earn you points and then rewards page. You need to create a shift account to use this

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip-activities/

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip-rewards/#-

And here is link to all redeem codes that will get you points that can be used towards rewards
    https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/bxgq5p/borderlands_vip_program_codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So this is getting slated on metacritic, is the game good? meh? crap?

I've a feeling the reviews on meta are a gross misrepresentation, likely because of it being epic exclusive..

So what say you!? fellow boardsies.. :pac:

Also do you get the fortnite skins with any version of the game bought anywhere? Asking for a friend :pac:

nix wrote: »

I've a feeling the reviews on meta are a gross misrepresentation, likely because of it being epic exclusive..

Also do you get the fortnite skins with any version of the game bought anywhere? Asking for a friend :pac:

You probably shouldn't be looking at the user reviews at all. How many games have been review bombed now at this stage. It's just sad.

@nix

I enjoyed so much last night I played till about 4am. Still haven't left the first area. I will get stuck into it later. I wish I could have played it today.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't be looking at the user reviews at all. How many games have been review bombed now at this stage. It's just sad.

Yeah i know, i actually didnt, i asked a mate if he was gonna get it and he literally just responded with a link to the meta review... i think his answer was no :pac:

Feck it im just gonna get the super deluxe off the link you provided (cheers btw), it will either be money well spent or a lesson learnt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Terrible capitalisation in your post.

I rate the entire thing 0/10.

Yeah i know, i actually didnt, i asked a mate if he was gonna get it and he literally just responded with a link to the meta review... i think his answer was no :pac:

Feck it im just gonna get the super deluxe off the link you provided (cheers btw), it will either be money well spent or a lesson learnt :pac:

I nearly caved at lunch and bought it but I stayed strong :pac: busy in work at the moment so won't have much time to play.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I nearly caved at lunch and bought it but I stayed strong :pac: busy in work at the moment so won't have much time to play.

Why havent you bought it?

Its not too late for me... HELP
    gizmo wrote: »
    Terrible capitalisation in your post.

I rate the entire thing 0/10.

WAT?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some of the users reviews are completely transparent.

People posting nonsense about 2080ti running like a slideshow, and retards posting the exact same thing under multiple accounts. Most pony out some clearly wrong "fact" about the game but then can't help themselves before bitching about Epic store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

WAT?!
    Read the content of the actual reviews on Metacritic. :)

While there are evidently some technical issues present on the PC build that are having some pretty adverse affects on performance, there's not a single sane review in the 113 negative ones that are currently there.

gizmo wrote: »
    Read the content of the actual reviews on Metacritic. :)

While there are evidently some technical issues present on the PC build that are having some pretty adverse affects on performance, there's not a single sane review in the 113 negative ones that are currently there.

Oh i did, thats how i came the same conclusion also, plus its usually die hard fans that write reviews so seeing all red bombs it was obvious..

Anyway, ive pulled the trigger.. now to spend a day deciding which character to play.. :p

I also kinda have to finish BL2, i think im near the end of it, main story anyway.. can anybody confirm? im just after the part
    where roland and angel die and lilith gets captured
    am i far off the end? if i just focus on the main quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh i did, thats how i came the same conclusion also, plus its usually die hard fans that write reviews so seeing all red bombs it was obvious..

Anyway, ive pulled the trigger.. now to spend a day deciding which character to play.. :p

I also kinda have to finish BL2, i think im near the end of it, main story anyway.. can anybody confirm? im just after the part
    where roland and angel die and lilith gets captured
    am i far off the end? if i just focus on the main quests.

You're not far off the end (just checked, three main missions), but if memory serves there is a chance you might be under-levelled for the last few missions, so you might end up having to do some side missions to get enough XP and level up, otherwise you could be in for a world of hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's glorious, significantly better than the pre-sequel, I'm playing two characters simultaneously, I'm sure I'll burn out soon but for the moment I can't stop

co-op works really well and seems to balance well although the guy I was playing with was only 4 levels ahead of me but I think it would balance even with a greater difference, it's pretty seemless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Here are links to all activities that can earn you points and then rewards page. You need to create a shift account to use this

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip-activities/

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip-rewards/#-

And here is link to all redeem codes that will get you points that can be used towards rewards
    https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/bxgq5p/borderlands_vip_program_codes/

Erm... I've been registered to ShiFt since BL2, and I signed up for the VIP thing... and even though I have everything linked on the Borderlands 3 website the website doesn't recognize that I already purchased the game on the PS4, and is still asking me to purchase it in the top right corner.

I can't make claim on any of those VIP Codes, the button doesn't even exist... just the blue ShiFt one.

What gives? :(

EDIT -- Sorted

Was using BRAVE, the browser was blocking an authentication token script. Worked on Chrome, redeemed almost 20k points. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

****ing Randy Pitchford making it hard to get a decent answer if the game is good or not the crazy bastard.

My hardest decision is deciding platform now as much as I'd like pc playing it on a big screen TV is very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Loving it.. Best played on a console on a big Tv..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I had a hard week so treated myself got it for Xbox one as I have the others on that platform.

Advertisement