Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

128 cm round straw boss

• 18-11-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where you could get a 128cm round straw boss for archery in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

It's ok I have found out that ASI do them and have also found a UK site which will ship to Ireland, so I am sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Unless you really want a round straw boss you may be better off with a field style layered foam boss as they survive quite well outdoors in the lovely Irish weather and are more forgiving of "handling" particularly if you are on your own.

If you have a secure indoor shooting spot where you can leave the boss sertup then work away with the straw boss otherwise think about a field style boss or even the cheaper option of a "Rag Bag" type target which is a heavy sack that you fill with old clothes etc. to make a target, I know that shooting style stock them for about €20 and they are a great option for back garden practice.

ASI & SS stock 65cm field butts which are perfect for most home use scenarios and will stop safely any arrow that you are likely to shoot from a recurve even from a couple of meters away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Cheers fenris. I have a garage where I can store the straw boss, where it will be dry and safe. And I have a longish back garden where I can set it up and use it. I have mounted them on the stands in my club on my own with no problem, so am use to the weight and how to handle it.

I just prefer the large target as it's easier for a noo-b archer not to miss :) Also it will be nice to have the option to shoot outside of our club days as we only meet twice a week and as they say, practice makes perfect.

Advertisement