Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Did my interview today and I agree with josh1010st's advice, drink the water lads! Precious thinking seconds! :)
    josh1010st wrote: »
    I had my interview last Tuesday and I got an email Saturday night for my medical tomorrow. So you shouldn’t have to wait long!

Congrats! Good luck with that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

gzaq wrote: »
    Anyone that’s had their interview already, did you have to wear a mask for it? I have my interview this week. Thanks and best of luck to everyone.

Wear a mask into the building, you’ll then be instructed to take it off prior to going into the interview room. Everyone will be spaced 2m apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RVR590

Anyone that did their navy interview heard back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

Got my medical offer last night. Any idea if it’s just a case of passing it now and we’re in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RVR590

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Got my medical offer last night. Any idea if it’s just a case of passing it now and we’re in?

Is this for the navy?

• Advertisement

RVR590 wrote: »
    Is this for the navy?

Nope, army

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

No, once they’ve all the interviews finished they will run the medicals and then they’ll make up a panel. They’ll start offering the cadetships to the panel in order of merit once everyone who has passed the interview has been through the medical.

The numbers who go through to medical be slightly larger than the available positions because some people will find out they’re colourblind at the medical or will decide against the army when they get an offer, or will drop out a few weeks into training.

Borderland wrote: »
    No, once they’ve all the interviews finished they will run the medicals and then they’ll make up a panel. They’ll start offering the cadetships to the panel in order of merit once everyone who has passed the interview has been through the medical.

The numbers who go through to medical be slightly larger than the available positions because some people will find out they’re colourblind at the medical or will decide against the army when they get an offer, or will drop out a few weeks into training.
    Right, so if there was 50 places they’d bring about 70 to the medicals?

Right, so if there was 50 places they’d bring about 70 to the medicals?

Yea that sounds about right!

Anyone done the medical know how long it lasts? I’ve mine Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

Just wondering how many days after your interview you got a date for medical?

Just wondering how many days after your interview you got a date for medical?

Mine only took about 2 days

Mine only took about 2 days

Got my medical date just there. Has anyone gone through the medical yet and explain what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Out of curiosity is anyone who had their interview last week still waiting on a date for the medical?

Something tells me I didn't make the cut this year but haven't received word either way yet.

Edit: Yep, got one of the rejection emails today. Good luck to everyone else though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

The lads that have done the medical, what’s the story with the eye examination? As a wearer of glasses I’m slightly worried over it. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    The lads that have done the medical, what’s the story with the eye examination? As a wearer of glasses I’m slightly worried over it. 😅

They do a test with and without glasses, honestly it’s tight without glasses if you wear them full time.take your glasses off a bit beforehand to let your eyes adjust, they do the eyesight after the bloods so time it that way. Best of luck with it, just take your time they won’t rush you!

They do a test with and without glasses, honestly it’s tight without glasses if you wear them full time.take your glasses off a bit beforehand to let your eyes adjust, they do the eyesight after the bloods so time it that way. Best of luck with it, just take your time they won’t rush you!

How long was the medical on total?

How long was the medical on total?
    Just under 4 hours for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dskell67

Got the medical on the 21st, can’t wait for it to be done and dusted regardless of the outcome long couple of months with recruitment best of luck all!

Dskell67 wrote: »
    Got the medical on the 21st, can’t wait for it to be done and dusted regardless of the outcome long couple of months with recruitment best of luck all!

What day was your interview? Just trying to gauge if you’re in the last batch of medicals or not. I’ve my medical on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Dskell67

25th of June in Dublin, I presume the training is starting in October for us

Any idea when we’ll find out if we’ve an offer or not? Could well be delayed with the lc results being postponed

Any idea when we’ll find out if we’ve an offer or not? Could well be delayed with the lc results being postponed

Yea I was wondering the same! That’s why I was trying to figure out the last medical date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galla92

Anyone know what the deal is with references, don't remember being asked for them at any stage so far. Just wondering is it something they do at all or later on down the line?

Anyone got any update on when offers might go out?

Anyone got any update on when offers might go out?

Last medical is on the 21st August. And the leaving cert is out on the 7th September so some people are going to be waiting on those results.

Bloods/Urine take 5 working days so 26th/27th August at the earliest?

Unless they start offering batches before then.

Borderland wrote: »
    Last medical is on the 21st August. And the leaving cert is out on the 7th September so some people are going to be waiting on those results.

Bloods/Urine take 5 working days so 26th/27th August at the earliest?

Unless they start offering batches before then.

Thanks man! Do you think they will offer batches earlier? I did my medical on the 29th of July and the wait is already torture haha

I’m after reading that those without level 8 degrees must do 18 months of work after commissioning. Is this true? I was under the impression they send you the first September after you commission.

I’m after reading that those without level 8 degrees must do 18 months of work after commissioning. Is this true? I was under the impression they send you the first September after you commission.

If you are in the middle of a degree they will most likely send you back in September, if not then you will have to do a young officers course and some other work that will take around the 18 months that you have mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobbyb123

Anyone hear anything back yet? Did my medical at the end of July and getting antsy now!

Advertisement